[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (OCT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Counterpoint: the Raptors just told the Wizards that they were going to play them, on the second night of a back-to-back, without their best player, and still beat them in their own gym. And then, they did it! #Respect
more like disrespect to the Wizards, but as they showed, they didn't need him to beat the Wiz

Hefty suspension upcoming for Ingram. Not what you want if you're the Lakers.

Ingram and Rondo suspension, KCP and Kuzma playing like trash. Lebron coasting. No spacing or defense. I was expecting a slow start but I wasn't expecting a meltdown this early. That team is actually a dumpster fire, holy ****.

We have the same record at 0-2 but the talk about the kings to me seems positive.

But lebron (can you tell we do not like him in Ohio right now) .
They look bad in Portland and have a fight in their home opener. LOL

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Leonard and Butler don’t really want to be there and Hayward is recovering from one of the most graphic injuries in league history.
I don't think we can assume Leonard doesn't want to be there just yet without giving them a chance first and depending how far they go into the playoffs. Hayward had the entire 2017-2018 season to rest, recover and rehabilitate with the whole offseason....I don't see the need for the extra precaution here, he needs to strengthen his limbs and get his stamina up and that comes with getting into game shape once again.

There is no defense being played in the NBA.....the new rules being enforced by the refs are not allowing it. Kind of sucks
The big sports are all doing it for some reason. You have multiple QBs throwing between 4-6 touchdowns every weekend because you can't defend in the NFL anymore. Baseball has turned into home run, walk or strikeout. Now basketball is not allowing defense to be played anymore. I really don't understand it. The final scores are higher but the games are taking so long to finish that I wind up losing interest in them unless I DVR it and fast forward through the 50+ free throw attempts per game.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The big sports are all doing it for some reason. You have multiple QBs throwing between 4-6 touchdowns every weekend because you can't defend in the NFL anymore. Baseball has turned into home run, walk or strikeout. Now basketball is not allowing defense to be played anymore...
I'd say that that's a way too simplistic way of looking at what's happening. But, to that point, it's pretty much an open secret that the people who wear suits in these respective leagues offices have become wholly convinced that offense is what fans, in the aggregate, want to see, and so have made the business decision to make their rules such as to facilitate offense. They've gone all-in on the idea that people don't want to watch defense. And, until and unless they can be convinced otherwise, which won't be until and unless fans communicate with their dollars and ratings that they don't want to see 140-138 games, it's going to stay like it is.

I'd say that that's a way too simplistic way of looking at what's happening. But, to that point, it's pretty much an open secret that the people who wear suits in these respective leagues offices have become wholly convinced that offense is what fans, in the aggregate, want to see, and so have made the business decision to make their rules such as to facilitate offense. They've gone all-in on the idea that people don't want to watch defense. And, until and unless they can be convinced otherwise, which won't be until and unless fans communicate with their dollars and ratings that they don't want to see 140-138 games, it's going to stay like it is.
If the fans were actually polled I bet they would want to see basketball played the way it was in the 80s again. There were a lot of fouls called in the 80s but they played a rougher more exciting form of basketball without all the acting that players these days do. Like HndsmCelt said above, Chris Paul can take a stiff jab from Rondo better than he can take incidental contact. That just goes to show how far the game has slipped from actually playing basketball to trying to trick the referees on every play.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Chris Paul-Rondo-Ingrahm fracas: Doesn't anybody see what precipitated the fight? It's what Harden does on a regular basis: When he drives into a player he throws up his off arm like a forearm shiver into the face of the opponent. It happens so fast that people don't see what he's doing. He gets away with this crap repeatedly with no consequences and that's what he did to Ingrahm that set off the whole thing. Harden acts like he's an innocent bystander when in fact he's the first cause.

Interesting.

Kareem is selling almost all of his trophies in auction, there is his Naismith Award, National Championship rings and even his NBA MVP awards.

Bud Grant backyard sales 2.0?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Charlotte celebrating their 30th season** by announcing their 30th Anniversary team. First two announced were:
  • #10: Al Jefferson
  • #9: Kendall Gill

** Of course, Charlotte hasn't actually had a team for thirty years. **** that "absorbed the previous team's history" bull****, you can't sell me on that. I was there; I seen't it! But, also, even if it did happen like they said, there were still two whole-assed seasons (02-03, 03-04) where Charlotte did not have an NBA team, so it's actually only their 28th anniversary.

Status
Not open for further replies.