[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (OCT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Not me googling to see if the Mavs have any protections on their first round pick after watching them look terrible to start the season.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I have to question if Victor's legs will hold up a long season with those twig legs, ideally you get him to work on his base first and foremost and endlessly all season long in small increments

Beal and Booker likely to sit tonight. Their Big 3 would already be up to 3 total missed games. People write the Kings off because we were healthy, and yeah, a lot of injuries are random bad luck. But missed games are also part mindset and chronic health issues. Some of the Kings injury "luck" is attributed to a desire to play and a history of being healthy. Some guys are able to play a lot, and others aren't.

Hate the Lakers but I enjoyed watching Durant fail miserably there. Looks like he really does need to be surrounded by other stars in order to be successful.

Hate the Lakers but I enjoyed watching Durant fail miserably there. Looks like he really does need to be surrounded by other stars in order to be successful.
I don’t know…he looked pretty good for 3 quarters but that 4th quarter was some terrible basketball. By both teams.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know that I agree with that. He put up 39 & 11 on 50% shooting even while being the only real scoring threat and while having a poor night shooting from three.

He was getting to his spots and getting whatever shots he wanted last night. I'd say there's a difference between needing to be surrounded by stars and having the ghost of Eric Gordon as your second best player.

I don't know that I agree with that. He put up 39 & 11 on 50% shooting even while being the only real scoring threat and while having a poor night shooting from three.

He was getting to his spots and getting whatever shots he wanted last night. I'd say there's a difference between needing to be surrounded by stars and having the ghost of Eric Gordon as your second best player.
Did you pay attention to the 4th quarter when the Suns went ice cold? He spent numerous possessions walking the ball up the court while shooting a lazy contested 3 early in the shot clock. He definitely wilted under pressure. Lebron on the other hand had a poor game for his standards going and then turned it up in the final minutes and iced the game with consecutive hoops.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you pay attention to the 4th quarter when the Suns went ice cold? He spent numerous possessions walking the ball up the court while shooting a lazy contested 3 early in the shot clock. He definitely wilted under pressure. Lebron on the other hand had a poor game for his standards going and then turned it up in the final minutes and iced the game with consecutive hoops.
Yeah, he got tired of carrying an entire team by himself. Happened to Mitch Richmond quite a few times with the Kings too.

I love Durant's game, but I'm not really a fan of him per se. But most guys aren't LeBron. Tough to ask a 35 year old with his injury history to play 37 minutes and be the only real scoring threat. The team was +27 with Durant through three quarters and -23 for the game when he sat.

I'm not sure how that loss is on him.

Yeah, he got tired of carrying an entire team by himself. Happened to Mitch Richmond quite a few times with the Kings too.

I love Durant's game, but I'm not really a fan of him per se. But most guys aren't LeBron. Tough to ask a 35 year old with his injury history to play 37 minutes and be the only real scoring threat. The team was +27 with Durant through three quarters and -23 for the game when he sat.

I'm not sure how that loss is on him.
Agreed. Durant is a killer but the knock still sticks, does he make the players around him better? Nope, never really has.

Status
Not open for further replies.