[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (NOV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Charlotte celebrating their 30th season** by announcing their 30th Anniversary team. First two announced were:
  • #10: Al Jefferson
  • #9: Kendall Gill

** Of course, Charlotte hasn't actually had a team for thirty years. **** that "absorbed the previous team's history" bull****, you can't sell me on that. I was there; I seen't it! But, also, even if it did happen like they said, there were still two whole-assed seasons (02-03, 03-04) where Charlotte did not have an NBA team, so it's actually only their 28th anniversary.
I posted the first two, but I never went back and followed up. The full, official Charlotte Hornets* 30th Anniversary team:

• #8: Gerald Wallace
  • #7: Baron Davis
  • #6: Glen Rice
  • #5: Muggsy Bogues
  • #4: Larry Johnson
  • #3: Kemba Walker
  • #2: Dell Curry
  • #1: Alonzo Mourning
It bears noting that Crash is the only player on their Charlotte Hornets Anniversary team who never actually played for the Hornets.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I posted the first two, but I never went back and followed up. The full, official Charlotte Hornets* 30th Anniversary team:

• #8: Gerald Wallace
  • #7: Baron Davis
  • #6: Glen Rice
  • #5: Muggsy Bogues
  • #4: Larry Johnson
  • #3: Kemba Walker
  • #2: Dell Curry
  • #1: Alonzo Mourning
It bears noting that Crash is the only player on their Charlotte Hornets Anniversary team who never actually played for the Hornets.
This is an odd contention, because it seems to rest solely on the idea that Wallace never played for a team contemporarily named the Hornets. He certainly played for the franchise currently named the Hornets (i.e. the Bobcat-Hornets), which is more than can be said for Kendall Gill, Baron Davis, Glen Rice, Muggsy Bogues, Larry Johnson, Dell Curry, or Alonzo Mourning.

I mean, I get that there's some deal where the Bobcat-Hornets get to claim the history of players who played for the Hornet-Pelicans when the Hornet-Pelicans were in Charlotte (which is silly to me, but OK, stipulated), but the idea that this deal should create an orphan franchise of the ten years of the Bobcat-Hornets when they were playing in Charlotte, and were continuous with the current Hornets but just happened to be named the Bobcats doesn't make any sense at all.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
That has been my contention since it was announced that the Bobcats were going to "become" the Hornets, and I stand by it; I don't really give a damn who thinks it's odd. I'm doubling down, if you will.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Don't worry, I'm 31 and I don't get it
I'm twelve years older than you; context clues suggest it means "dunked on." Might not be an age thing, IJS.

Although, he really more sort of blew past Doncic, and dunked on Kleber; Doncic was in the frame, sure, but he looked like he made, what the streets like to call a "business decision."

I'm twelve years older than you; context clues suggest it means "dunked on." Might not be an age thing, IJS.

Although, he really more sort of blew past Doncic, and dunked on Kleber; Doncic was in the frame, sure, but he looked like he made, what the streets like to call a "business decision."
Saw the highlight just now. Good move! Though you're right, re: blew past.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

I'm (none of your damn business) years older than you and I think you're right but back in the prehistoric times "yacked on" meant being on the receiving end of projectile vomiting.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I know there is another half to go but how are the Celtics down 20 at half to the Suns? and they only have 35 points too. Gordon Hayward has been abysmal so far in this early season and it may be time for the Celtics to try to make a move for Jimmy Buckets to help Irving out because that team isn't contending in the East with that roster.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
hiring Coach Bud has go to be the best move of the offseason. other than the acquisition of Kawhi. Why Atlanta didn't retain him is beyond me, must of been because he didn't want to be part of a rebuilding phase.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Embiid is the sole reason the Sixers are even relevant. If he were to miss a significant number of games they are back in the lottery. He needs help. Simmons is not that.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Harris draped all over LeVert and he smoothly crosses him up and floats it in for the game winner in Denver. very impressive ball player and very underrated.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Unbelievable that Denver had a chance to tie Golden State for first place in the western conference last night, and all they had to do was beat the Nets, at home. SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.