[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (MAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
this is what the dunk contest needs. not necessarily under these stipulations but it would bring life to the dunk contest again, as long as Edwards joins him of course

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The machine was pretty rusty a few days ago when they got waxed by 50 against Boston.
Celtics have three opponents they beat by that margin. Point I'm making here is putting emphasis on their strong play since Dray's "therapy" sessions. Paul coming back from injury, Klay coming off the bench, Kuminga showing strong signs of improvement. They can be a problem for a first round opponent.

Celtics have three opponents they beat by that margin. Point I'm making here is putting emphasis on their strong play since Dray's "therapy" sessions. Paul coming back from injury, Klay coming off the bench, Kuminga showing strong signs of improvement. They can be a problem for a first round opponent.
Oh, no doubt, they’ve been playing much better. Still think it’s unlikely they climb into top 6 because of the hole they dug themselves. I’m just hoping they stay in that 9/10 slot with the Lakers so for sure one of them gets knocked out in the play in.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
That 65 game rule for end of season awards is really getting interesting with all these injuries cropping up recently...

Donovan Mitchell is expected to miss at least 3 more games which effectively eliminates him.
Devin Booker might not get there. He can only miss 5 more games.
Jalen Brunson suffered what appeared to be a non-contact knee injury (usually a season ending situation) short of 65 games but it sounds like it was just a bruise and he only needs to play 8 more so he'll probably make the threshold.
Steph needs 8 more games so if he misses more than 3 weeks he won't get to 65 either.
Embiid is out of course.
Towns needed 5 more games and it sounds like he won't get them.
If Julius Randle misses 2 more games he won't get to 65.
If Tyrese Haliburton misses 4 more games he won't get to 65.
If Porzingis misses 1 more game he won't get to 65.

Picking those 15 All-NBA team slots at the end of the year may be a lot easier if half the guys who would be up for those spots are disqualified.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
That 65 game rule for end of season awards is really getting interesting with all these injuries cropping up recently...

Donovan Mitchell is expected to miss at least 3 more games which effectively eliminates him.
Devin Booker might not get there. He can only miss 5 more games.
Jalen Brunson suffered what appeared to be a non-contact knee injury (usually a season ending situation) short of 65 games but it sounds like it was just a bruise and he only needs to play 8 more so he'll probably make the threshold.
Steph needs 8 more games so if he misses more than 3 weeks he won't get to 65 either.
Embiid is out of course.
Towns needed 5 more games and it sounds like he won't get them.
If Julius Randle misses 2 more games he won't get to 65.
If Tyrese Haliburton misses 4 more games he won't get to 65.
If Porzingis misses 1 more game he won't get to 65.

Picking those 15 All-NBA team slots at the end of the year may be a lot easier if half the guys who would be up for those spots are disqualified.
De'Aaron Fox is going to retire with, like, 10 All-NBA selections and 2 All-Star appearances.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
he won the dunk contest 8 seasons ago but he hasn't lost an inch of athleticism, let's get him back, 2025, NBA do whats right and give the fans what they want
Didn't we just settle this a couple weeks ago? IIRC, @Capt. Factorial showed us that the dunk contest is the only part of All-Star weekend that the NBA can't make the players participate in, so what's your plan for the league "doing what's right"?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Didn't we just settle this a couple weeks ago? IIRC, @Capt. Factorial showed us that the dunk contest is the only part of All-Star weekend that the NBA can't make the players participate in, so what's your plan for the league "doing what's right"?
provide a voting system with a pick of say...10-15 of the players with the most dunks with a write in option. I know it's not in the CBA to make the players participate but can't I live in my own little hypothetical world and hope and will it into existence?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
woof....rough one for Edwards after his 44 point performance. 19 points on 26 shots with a 0-9 3 point stat line. Cleveland on the other hand will be a tough out for anyone who matches up with them, but they are still one piece away from contention in my opinion

he won the dunk contest 8 seasons ago but he hasn't lost an inch of athleticism, let's get him back, 2025, NBA do whats right and give the fans what they want
Sadly, he was robbed of the title in that dunk contest against Zach LaVine thanks to some incompetent judging. No wonder real dunkers don't show up for the contest.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Sadly, he was robbed of the title in that dunk contest against Zach LaVine thanks to some incompetent judging. No wonder real dunkers don't show up for the contest.
I'm still going to hold out belief that some of these modern day players want to resurrect the dunk contest, it just needs to be beaten to death and word needs to get out

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
also, Phoenix getting themselves a All-Star weekend in 27'. last one in 2009. I don't know how I feel about this just yet, this city has grown exponentially in the last decade

I thought I couldn't care less about the All Star game and everything surrounding it, but here I am in the March thread reading posts about it and finding a new level of DGAF

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Fontecchio absolutely lighting up the Mavs right now. Pistons still down by two after one quarter.

Neither of these teams can stop the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.