[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (MAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Coming off a week where Golden State beat the only three teams considered to be legitimate threats to them in the western conference, the only hot take I heard about the Warriors today was, "Are the Warriors better without Boogie Cousins?" So, I hope you all will allow me to embrace my petty, and be happy that the Warriors lost today, without Cousins.
The ___________’s are better without Boogie is all 100% false narrative spewed by people who have an agenda against the man.

He makes basketball teams better, antics or not.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Man those jerseys were such a mess. They could have sucked... a little less?

Like why is Kings name so low? What’s with the weirdly placed front number? The one side stripe?
A rumor floated around that the gold jerseys were designed by Adrienne Maloof (then starring I think on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills). I don't know if it's true or not, but I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Lost in the Denver Nuggets turning into one of the better teams in the league is the fact that IT seems to have lost it and is now pretty much relegated to end of the bench duty.

It's a sad fate for one of the more explosive players in the league but sadly a common one for the undersized PGs of the league.
Yea his Celtics tenure and rise to semi-stardom feels like such a distant memory now even though it was just two seasons ago.

Right now he's not scoring well, and if he's not scoring he's useless.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
My favorite feature is the gigantic waistband that was randomly a different shade of purple from that used on the rest of the jersey.
Wow.... Looking at that picture, the waistband looks a deep royal purple (good) and the rest of the purple looks faded like it’s been through a washing machine 500 times (bad)... just, wtf and lol

Which team do you think currently has the worst jersey in the association? I'm not talking City edition or anything, just their basic uniforms.

I've always thought of Detroit as the most boring, dull color scheme and jersey design. It might be a classic look but I've always hated it.

I also have always disliked the OKC jersey. I don't like the color scheme, and the design itself just seems almost cartoonish.

Always been meh toward New Orleans too.

Clippers jersey is boring.

Man those jerseys were such a mess. They could have sucked... a little less?

Like why is Kings name so low? What’s with the weirdly placed front number? The one side stripe?
One of my reactions to things like this is to wonder how Anyone could have thought that this is a good idea. So I've kind of developed a Ripley's Believe It or Not of stupidity, and this one is definitely on the list.

Wow.... Looking at that picture, the waistband looks a deep royal purple (good) and the rest of the purple looks faded like it’s been through a washing machine 500 times (bad)... just, wtf and lol
The flash is reflecting so much off of that guady plastic fabric that it was causing serious glare and shadows all over the place. Name looks so low because Bibby was still sporting the oversized jersey look at the time, probably would fit him now though. Either way they were some of the ugliest jerseys of all time and wouldn't be surprised if it was a Maloof idea backing the design.

The ___________’s are better without Boogie is all 100% false narrative spewed by people who have an agenda against the man.

He makes basketball teams better, antics or not.
I've heard this narrative on the radio a ton since I drive to work in the bay area. You're right, it's a bunch of nonsense. However, there is also talk that he should come off the bench which I 100% agree with. When you already have Steph, Klay and Durant in your starting lineup, there is MORE than enough offense on the court. In fact, adding Cousins to the mix just makes it too many cooks in the kitchen if it's not the case already.

Their bench kinda sucks, so Boogie playing with the 2nd unit makes a lot of sense. Just insert Bogut at C and they're all set.

The only question is whether Cousins is open to that kind of change. His temperament isn't...the best.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Their bench kinda sucks, so Boogie playing with the 2nd unit makes a lot of sense. Just insert Bogut at C and they're all set.
Cousins playing with Golden State's second unit doesn't make any sense. Cousins + Golden State's second unit is essentially the first twenty games (pre-Gay trade) of the 2013-14 Kings, with better defense and worse offense.

Cousins playing with Golden State's second unit doesn't make any sense. Cousins + Golden State's second unit is essentially the first twenty games (pre-Gay trade) of the 2013-14 Kings, with better defense and worse offense.
How doesn't that make sense? Generally speaking a second unit isn't going to be anywhere near as good as the first unit (especially on the Warriors).

I'm not saying he shouldn't start either. He would definitely give them one of the better bench units in the league, if not the best.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Dallas is playing inexplicably hard for a team that needs to "make up" three and a half games in their last ten to avoid forfeiting their draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.