[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (TDOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
First of All™, it wouldn't even be the most random retired jersey in the history of the Miami Heat: we're talking about a team that retired the jersey of a guy who didn't even play for them. We're talking about a team that retired the jersey of a guy who didn't even play basketball!

Second of All, I know you're not talking mess as a fan of a team that retired a number to honor their fans.
Holy bejesus they retired Dan Marino's #?!?

Retiring Jordan's is interesting too. I always wondered why anyone would want to wear 23 who entered the league between say ~93 and 2005. It makes a little more sense as a tribute, but while he was active and dominant or just recently retired. and it's not like anyone will ever associate you with the number, I always liked picking a unique number of sorts. Then I started rocking 77 for a while but Luka has sorta wrecked that for me now.

Holy bejesus they retired Dan Marino's #?!?

Retiring Jordan's is interesting too. I always wondered why anyone would want to wear 23 who entered the league between say ~93 and 2005. It makes a little more sense as a tribute, but while he was active and dominant or just recently retired. and it's not like anyone will ever associate you with the number, I always liked picking a unique number of sorts. Then I started rocking 77 for a while but Luka has sorta wrecked that for me now.
Big George Muresan fan?

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I never quite agreed with the criteria necessary to play for a specific country even if not born into it
Isn't it having citizenship? He was born with dual so it's well within his rights to play for either nation and presumably the US didn't want him.

A little dicier imho when a player plays for an adopted country when their path to citizenship was "great athlete" while starving asylum seekers wait at the borders.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Isn't it having citizenship? He was born with dual so it's well within his rights to play for either nation and presumably the US didn't want him.

A little dicier imho when a player plays for an adopted country when their path to citizenship was "great athlete" while starving asylum seekers wait at the borders.
as an asylum seeker myself, I believe the whole process is chance and some luck so it's not one of those situations where you can allow entry to all

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
as an asylum seeker myself, I believe the whole process is chance and some luck so it's not one of those situations where you can allow entry to all
of course, but I'm kind of talking about where we might fast track say the 30th best Italian footballer citizenship so they could be a star on the USMNT. That might be a straw man but it sort of happens.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
of course, but I'm kind of talking about where we might fast track say the 30th best Italian footballer citizenship so they could be a star on the USMNT. That might be a straw man but it sort of happens.
so do you believe that having a choice to pick what country you want to play for because of a dual citizenship is acceptable?

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
so do you believe that having a choice to pick what country you want to play for because of a dual citizenship is acceptable?
If it's dual citizenship by birthright, yes.

If it's totally random except a marginal team trying to load up on talent, no.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

ESPN doing everything in its power to not have me tune into games. Who in the hell is going to want to sit through color commentary teams featuring Doc Rivers and Richard Jefferson? Plus they're breaking up the Mark/Doris team, AKA my favorite national TV broadcast crew.

On the plus side, I guess this means Mark Jones is calling more Kings games this year (apparently with Matt Barnes on color commentary for some of them).

ESPN doing everything in its power to not have me tune into games. Who in the hell is going to want to sit through color commentary teams featuring Doc Rivers and Richard Jefferson? Plus they're breaking up the Mark/Doris team, AKA my favorite national TV broadcast crew.

On the plus side, I guess this means Mark Jones is calling more Kings games this year (apparently with Matt Barnes on color commentary for some of them).
Richard Jefferson is a Kings hater. F that guy.

They're running out of cornbread

Richard Jefferson is one of the more off putting color commentators in recent memory. I can't think of anything likeable about that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.