[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (TDOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Wild his contract can’t be voided. They should face some salary cap recourse for doing so, or maybe they can remediate that with some pick forfeiture. NBA already making up new rules this week.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Scoot
Shaedon
Jovic
Kris Murray
Jerami Grant, I guess

would be a fun starting lineup for the Blazers to start their rebuild with plus whatever assets and pieces they could get for Anfernee Simons, Herro, and Nurk (probably nothing in Nurk's case). The big issue for them would be that Jerami's contract is now so ludicrously expensive that pretty much every single team that would want to trade for him pretty much can't trade for him without sending back one of their best players in return.

Scoot
Shaedon
Jovic
Kris Murray
Jerami Grant, I guess

would be a fun starting lineup for the Blazers to start their rebuild with plus whatever assets and pieces they could get for Anfernee Simons, Herro, and Nurk (probably nothing in Nurk's case). The big issue for them would be that Jerami's contract is now so ludicrously expensive that pretty much every single team that would want to trade for him pretty much can't trade for him without sending back one of their best players in return.
If Grant can have a decent year like the year the Pistons signed him for whatever reason that was, and cut bait ASAP before he declines like with the Pistons they might be able to move him for some cap relief if a contender can match the money. The good thing for the Blazers is Grant doesn't get in the direct way of their best young talent but it certainly doesn't fit the timeline and you'd obviously want cap space to fill out the roster before max contracts are dealt out.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member

cool but what do the Raptors have that the Blazers would want that (most importantly) Masai would be willing to trade. Obviously Scottie Barnes would be the big prize but I doubt Masai would even let him be on the table and it’s not like the rebuilding Blazers are going to need OG or Pascal to push them over the top.
I've said before anyone else that Barnes is the perfect deal, throw in Koloko and whatever makes the money work.

Lots of delusional Blazers fans thought they could trade their picks etc. for OG and Pascal and keep Dame, I still think that would be a fun team and probably more competitive out in the East too.

That said, Trysta Krick says that Scottie thinks he's a point guard and would be upset firmly playing the 3 spot in Portland. but I think that is also a good rebuilding team and they'd probably suck a lot this year and land another high pick.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Eh, after being dicked over by Vlade+Walton and then traded by Monte, I'm sympathetic to Buddy's desire to play for a team on his own terms. He may not have any more chances in his career.
Does that mean one where he gets to chuck an infinite amount of balls to reach his total 3s hit contract incentive, a team where he's a featured player, or a team that he can ride 2 or 3 star players into the playoffs on?

I liked Buddy but he's got a shelf life comparable to putting milk in the pantry.

Does that mean one where he gets to chuck an infinite amount of balls to reach his total 3s hit contract incentive, a team where he's a featured player, or a team that he can ride 2 or 3 star players into the playoffs on?
I'm probably projecting, but I imagine he'd most like to be able to define the terms of the relationship himself, from a position of value. ( But an "infinite" amount of 3pa at Buddy's 42% shooting last year would be enough to win most games singlehandedly for most teams. He will have options.)

I'm probably projecting, but I imagine he'd most like to be able to define the terms of the relationship himself, from a position of value. ( But an "infinite" amount of 3pa at Buddy's 42% shooting last year would be enough to win most games singlehandedly for most teams. He will have options.)
That 42% is fantastic but his handles are sloppy, his decision making poor, and his defense is bad. He will have options, but any team that would make Buddy a 1a or 1b is destined for a 25-30 win season.
He’ll probably somehow magically end up on the Lakers which will pee me off to no end because he would be great for them.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I've watched enough Buddy to know that when he is ice cold his instinct is still to keep shooting. I feel like 42% doesn't tell the full story with him.

And yeah @LoungeLizard if he goes to the Lakers somehow for two seconds my head will probably explode.

I can’t think of too many matches. I saw one article suggedt Buddy for Brogdon but I don’t knew why Indiana would do that. I wondered about Buddy and filler for Tobias Harris? He would block their first round pick but he would make them better this year and come off the books for next season

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Buddy on Miami would be a nice fit, to come off the bench and gun away. They lost a shooter in Strus and Duncan hasn't played much for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.