[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (MAR-TBD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
After the first two episodes, my initial reaction to "The Last Dance" is it's worth watching. On one hand, the "behind the scenes" stuff is interesting, but on the other hand? Sometimes it's better to not know what's lurking behind the curtain (IYKWIM). I'm not sure I'm comfortable with learning all the innermost secrets...

I am anxiously looking forward to learning more about the mind of Phil Jackson, however, and how he managed to juggle all those egos. Not delving into that aspect would be a shame.

Hello?! Anyone here?? *Looking around room...* It's been FOREVER since I was here, probably close to a decade. lol Hope everyone has been good, been an 'interesting' past 5-10 years to say the least, LOTS has happened with both the Kings and life, in general. All good, though! Will definitely be back posting every once and a while. BTW, I have enjoyed watching 'The Last Dance'...although it just makes me feel that much older, especially when my oldest son(15)walks in and asks 'Is that Michael Jordan...that's hecka old, huh?!' My response: Yep, this was my high school/college years. Yep, I'm THAT old. lol

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
After the first two episodes, my initial reaction to "The Last Dance" is it's worth watching. On one hand, the "behind the scenes" stuff is interesting, but on the other hand? Sometimes it's better to not know what's lurking behind the curtain (IYKWIM). I'm not sure I'm comfortable with learning all the innermost secrets...

I am anxiously looking forward to learning more about the mind of Phil Jackson, however, and how he managed to juggle all those egos. Not delving into that aspect would be a shame.
It does feel sorta weird that the apparent villain of the entire series is the one guy who died before he had a chance to defend himself.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The worst part of Lonzo's plan to make himself look cool by lifting weights during quarantine backfiring because it looks like he's a middle schooler messing around with his uncle's weight set is that he can't blame this on his dad.

Not gonna post the link here because it's got NSFQ language but a quick twitter search will find the video in question

The worst part of Lonzo's plan to make himself look cool by lifting weights during quarantine backfiring because it looks like he's a middle schooler messing around with his uncle's weight set is that he can't blame this on his dad.

Not gonna post the link here because it's got NSFQ language but a quick twitter search will find the video in question
Oh my, besides a not impressive weight amount, form is bad too.

How embarrassing.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
So far, the most invested I've been in this series has been the rabbit hole it led me down, regarding USA Basketball. In the entire history of the program, there has only been one player, men's or women's who has played for the Senior National Team more than once, without winning a gold medal.

Does anybody, without looking it up, know how that is?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Catching up on the last couple of episodes of The Last Dance and amazed at the highlights of Nick Anderson beating an out-of-shape MJ rather than my memory of Nick Anderson as an out-of-shape waste of cap space during his stint with the Kings.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Today's "Distant Replay" on The Jump featured Bibby hitting The Shot in Game 5... I don't even root for the Kings any more, and I'm still salty about how that series ended. :mad:

So far, the most invested I've been in this series has been the rabbit hole it led me down, regarding USA Basketball. In the entire history of the program, there has only been one player, men's or women's who has played for the Senior National Team more than once, without winning a gold medal.

Does anybody, without looking it up, know how that is?
brad miller... 1998 & 2006

but, I googled it

Well Lillard made a big deal about not playing unless he had a real chance of making the playoffs

Seems Dame didn't like Portland's chances of ending up the 9th seed above Pels,Kings,Spurs,Suns AND still be within 4 Games of Memphis, AND beating Memphis in first two games of the Playin Tournament

I guess Portland agreed with Dame , They should have an EASY path to the playoffs Waaaa Waaaaa Waaaaa

ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reports that a group of 40-50 players hopped on a conference call to voice their concerns with some of the restrictions the league is planning on implementing:

“As players have started to come to terms with the restrictive and isolated nature of the Orlando bubble --- including no visitors until after the first round of the playoffs, nearly seven weeks after the opening of mid-July training camp — there has been increased dialogue about the prudence of restarting the season for a number of players, especially those on non-championship contenders.”

Woj adds that there a number of factors that the players are citing for their hesitation, including: the dangers of COVID-19, not being able to leave the campus for an extended period, and the social justice movements that are happening around the country.

Okay, if a player did not feel safe due to the virus, I would understand, but "social justice movements"? Just feel free to protest whenever you want too, you don't need to tank our chance at the playoffs

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
You know, for a network that takes a lot of **** for being overly pro-LeBron, ESPN sure has spent a lot of time during the quarantine showing games that featured James taking humiliating losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.