[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (MAR-TBD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the ref who called a 3 point shot foul on Smart in this Celtics/Nets game has to be drunk....LeVert was surrounded by three Celtics players and in no way did he even have an opening to shoot the three....o_O

The Kings should really target Malik Beasley next season the guy can do everything Buddy does and can run with Fox your not going to get a much better fit than that. Like Brogdan last year, next season Malik Beasley is the one.

1. And you don't think that six years on the coaching staff is long enough to learn the playbook "inside and out"?
  2. It doesn't have to be "scandalous" to be ****ed up.
Duncan has been with Pop since 1997 I'd say he's got it covered. What's f'd up about it I dont understand? TD is clearly in line to possibly be pops successor just b/c Becky got a assistant role doesn't mean she had a promise to be the Head Coach. Help me understand where the outrage comes from I dont see it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Tim helped Pop win 5 rings, he's doing him a service here
How many he won as a coach?

Duncan has been with Pop since 1997 I'd say he's got it covered. What's f'd up about it I dont understand? TD is clearly in line to possibly be pops successor just b/c Becky got a assistant role doesn't mean she had a promise to be the Head Coach. Help me understand where the outrage comes from I dont see it.
Whether Duncan "has it covered" has **** all to do with whether anyone else "has it covered." And it has nothing to do with Hammon being "promised" that spot, either.

As to what's ****ed up about it (and I can't believe I have to explain this), whenever someone from a historically underrepresented marginalized group is even considered for one of these opportunities, the conversation becomes, "dOn'T fOrCe dIvEsItY dOwN oUr ThRoAts!", and, "sToP pAnDeRiNg tO tHe sJw aGeNdA!", and, "tHe jOb ShOuLd gO tO tHe mOsT eXpErIeNcEd, mOsT qUaLiFiEd cAnDiDaTe!" But then, when a more experienced, more qualified candidate gets passed over for someone with less experience, but who had an "in" with the organization/coach, the conversation immediately shifts to, "wElL, mAyBe hE's a nAtUrAl!", and, "hOw dO yOu kNoW hE's nOt a bEtTeR cOaCh?", and, "lEt'S gIvE hIm a cHaNcE!"

Basically, it's "Do it the "right" way. Put in the time. Put in the work. Pay your dues. Earn your spot." Unless it's somebody we like, then it becomes, "All that **** I said before, about paying your dues? Yeah, forget all that!" It's extremely transparent to me, and I don't know how you can see that, and not think it's ****ed up?

Whether Duncan "has it covered" has **** all to do with whether anyone else "has it covered." And it has nothing to do with Hammon being "promised" that spot, either.

As to what's ****ed up about it (and I can't believe I have to explain this), whenever someone from a historically underrepresented marginalized group is even considered for one of these opportunities, the conversation becomes, "dOn'T fOrCe dIvEsItY dOwN oUr ThRoAts!", and, "sToP pAnDeRiNg tO tHe sJw aGeNdA!", and, "tHe jOb ShOuLd gO tO tHe mOsT eXpErIeNcEd, mOsT qUaLiFiEd cAnDiDaTe!" But then, when a more experienced, more qualified candidate gets passed over for someone with less experience, but who had an "in" with the organization/coach, the conversation immediately shifts to, "wElL, mAyBe hE's a nAtUrAl!", and, "hOw dO yOu kNoW hE's nOt a bEtTeR cOaCh?", and, "lEt'S gIvE hIm a cHaNcE!"

Basically, it's "Do it the "right" way. Put in the time. Put in the work. Pay your dues. Earn your spot." Unless it's somebody we like, then it becomes, "All that **** I said before, about paying your dues? Yeah, forget all that!" It's extremely transparent to me, and I don't know how you can see that, and not think it's ****ed up?
Chip Engelland has 15 years as pops assistant, Will Hardy has been with the team for 10 years and still Timmy goes to the front of the line b/c he's freakin Tim Duncan. Maybe she gets an opportunity with another franchise or the wnba first but if TD wants that gig when Pop hangs em up I like his chances.

I know you aren't a Kings fan but did you think it was ****ed up that Vlade got this GM job with no experience?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Chip Engelland has 15 years as pops assistant, Will Hardy has been with the team for 10 years and still Timmy goes to the front of the line b/c he's freakin Tim Duncan. Maybe she gets an opportunity with another franchise or the wnba first but if TD wants that gig when Pop hangs em up I like his chances.
Hey man, I already knew what the game was: I knew that job was Duncan's, the day that he took the AC job. My point is that it gives proof to the lie about meritocracy in coaching. I agree with you that Duncan goes to the front of the line, because "he's freakin Tim Duncan," but that doesn't change the fact that being "freakin Tim Duncan" is not a job qualification. He didn't get that job based on merit, and were the roles reversed, that would totally be the "talking point." And you know exactly what I mean by that; you as much as implied it, talking about how the job wasn't "promised" to Hammon.

Did you actually take the time to manually do the alternating caps or did you use a program? Just asking for the lulz

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Alvin Gentry's greatest achievement may be surviving as a coach in the league for a decade despite being possibly the worst defensive coach I've seen since Don Nelson was cashing early retirement checks with the Warriors

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Zion hasn't even been the third best Pel on the floor tonight and the announcers are talking about him like he's just scored 50 or something

Aside from his explosive drives, Zion moves like late-career Shaq
ZIONMANIA IS RUNNING WILD BROTHER,
That's a lot of hype for a guy who just had a Carl Landry stat line.
The NBA is so very predictable — and consistent. Ever since Magic and Bird saved the league then Jordan raised it to the stratosphere it’s been at for nearly 40 years now, the league has been star and highlight driven.

Many NBA fans are simpletons. They love their highlight plays and stats. Therefore the NBA gives them what they want.

Zion is going to get — and already is — the Shaq treatment. Unlike most others, he will get away with lowering his shoulder, dislodging and bulling defenders over. I saw clear offensive fouls at least 3-4 times last night with no whistle.

Because legends can’t be born and highlight dunks can’t happen if they officiate correctly.

I still stand by my stance that Ja Morant is the best player from this past draft. But Zion is more likely to become a bigger star if they continue to officiate him as they've shown through less than 20 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.