[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I don't like it for the Kings. Lakers get a good player that the Kings could use on their roster - a big wing that can play D.
He's a big wing but he's not a good defender at all. Quite poor for his size actually. Wizards wouldn't be letting him go for peanuts if he was a legit 3&D guy right now.

I may sing a different tune in a year or two but I don't think he helps the Lakers right now very much.

Yep. I don't like it for the Kings. Lakers get a good player that the Kings could use on their roster - a big wing that can play D.
Wait- Rui is a good defender? Rui is very much not a good defender. Just watch him. He is a few levels below HB as a defender. And he is an average 3 point shooter (like 35%) on minimal volume. He is a 3/D guy except for the 3 and D parts. I mean he is a decent prospect, but I am not shedding tears and don't understand why people here thought he would be an upgrade to HR or Keegan.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Wiz giving up on Rui for basically nothing. They've drafted some serious head scratchers. Kispert, Davis & Deni, who's shown the most out of the draft picks and even that is inconsistent.

Wiz giving up on Rui for basically nothing. They've drafted some serious head scratchers. Kispert, Davis & Deni, who's shown the most out of the draft picks and even that is inconsistent.
I have a different read on this. Rui, did not sign an extension so essentially they let a guy leave a little early to a team he may or may not resign with for picks and a serviceable Nun. Looks to me like if anybody got fleece it was the Lakers once again trading their future for a 15 minute window.

Last edited:
Wait- Rui is a good defender? Rui is very much not a good defender. Just watch him. He is a few levels below HB as a defender. And he is an average 3 point shooter (like 35%) on minimal volume. He is a 3/D guy except for the 3 and D parts. I mean he is a decent prospect, but I am not shedding tears and don't understand why people here thought he would be an upgrade to HR or Keegan.
This is why I didn't understand the excitement that he was available or tears that we missed out. He's redundant and basically represents Keegan's floor and Barnes's ceiling. He is simultaneously every argument against drafting Keegan and every argument for trading Barnes, except he's between them in age. He also perhaps quietly, forced his way off a bad team that he couldn't earn minutes on. How's the current Kings situation going to benefit either of us?

This is why I didn't understand the excitement that he was available or tears that we missed out. He's redundant and basically represents Keegan's floor and Barnes's ceiling. He is simultaneously every argument against drafting Keegan and every argument for trading Barnes, except he's between them in age. He also perhaps quietly, forced his way off a bad team that he couldn't earn minutes on. How's the current Kings situation going to benefit either of us?
I dont follow the Wizards but so far Hachimura's career arc is eerily similiar to Bagley without the annoying dad. He missed alot of games last year and this year for whatever reasons and it seem to slow his development. Outside of points and rebounds, doesnt contribute in other categories

Status
Not open for further replies.