[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (DEC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
For whatever it's worth, Zinger is playing his best basketball of the year as the primary option for the Mavs
Wow... didn’t really think my “blessing in disguise” thought about Luka’s injury would really come to fruition. If KP can play like Prime KP when he comes back, look out.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
That Luka’s huge usage reduces KP to being a passive mediocre afterthought again?

If that’s it, Idk. Finding confidence again for the first time since the injury may have just been the big key for him. We’ll see.
Yep. Finding confidence is great for KP, but only if he still feels the same when the new wunderkind is on the court.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'm watching Giannis drain all these three pointers and I have hope for Marvin that there is no reason that with a lot of repetition and hard work, he can start being a threat from out there too

I'm watching Giannis drain all these three pointers and I have hope for Marvin that there is no reason that with a lot of repetition and hard work, he can start being a threat from out there too
you’d think Ben Simmons would learn from him but hey that what separates generational players from the rest

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Really? Isaiah Thomas would be in my Top 5 for players expected to do something like that. Anybody who makes it to the NBA at that height is a Stay Ready All-Star, and the sort of person ready to "drop gloves" at any perceived slight.
I think he picked a pretty strange hill to die on but admittedly the ONLY thing IT and I have in common is we're both short so I'll defer to those of you who most likely have a much better POV from which to judge.

Who? The fan or IT? Regardless, I heard the whole thing. In all honesty, I didn't think IT had the stones to actually go up into the stands...
I guess both, but I was talking about IT. Granted he broke a rule by entering the stands, but he didn’t accost the guy. He was calm and told him that what he said wasn’t ok. Good for IT. Cost him some $$ unfortunately.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I guess both, but I was talking about IT. Granted he broke a rule by entering the stands, but he didn’t accost the guy. He was calm and told him that what he said wasn’t ok. Good for IT. Cost him some $$ unfortunately.
Granted, IT was calm and didn't do a Ron Artest BUT he went up into the stands to confront a fan which is a HUGE no-no for a wide variety of reasons. Just for the record? What that idiot fan said wouldn't even make the top ten list of things I've heard yelled at players by fans. The guy got under IT's skin and I have to wonder what will happen the next time a different fan tries the same thing. Although I understand why some people are applauding IT, I just don't think it's the kind of precedent the league wants to set.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Granted, IT was calm and didn't do a Ron Artest BUT he went up into the stands to confront a fan which is a HUGE no-no for a wide variety of reasons. Just for the record? What that idiot fan said wouldn't even make the top ten list of things I've heard yelled at players by fans. The guy got under IT's skin and I have to wonder what will happen the next time a different fan tries the same thing. Although I understand why some people are applauding IT, I just don't think it's the kind of precedent the league wants to set.
Count me among them. The rule is the rule, and Thomas broke it, so he has to be punished. I accept that the league has to have the rule, for liability and safety purposes. But, that being said, I am one hundred thousand percent in support of Thomas' response. I am a believer in the idea that fans should not be allowed to say anything from the stands that they wouldn't be willing to say to an athlete's face, if they were trapped in a locked room with said athlete, with no witnesses.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Count me among them. The rule is the rule, and Thomas broke it, so he has to be punished. I accept that the league has to have the rule, for liability and safety purposes. But, that being said, I am one hundred thousand percent in support of Thomas' response. I am a believer in the idea that fans should not be allowed to say anything from the stands that they wouldn't be willing to say to an athlete's face, if they were trapped in a locked room with said athlete, with no witnesses.
what exactly was said by the fan and IT?

Status
Not open for further replies.