[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (DEC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Becky becoming the first female head coach of a men’s pro sports team but that team being the Knicks would be the ultimate win-lose scenario
That might be what it takes to break the barrier. And it's relatively harmless move since whoever it is is dead man walking out of the gate. That team is a wreck and not improving soon.

Then again, double standards gonna double standard.

Ok so the game is over and the Pelicans got blown out by 46 to what's probably an average Dallas team. I'm guessing Alvin Gentry's days are numbered. Could be awkward timing considering the imminent return of Zion.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Can we talk about Tim Duncan growing starter dreads?! I never expected Coach Timmy without anything except the most professional haircut available!
okay so I am not the only one thinking about that haircut he got....that is a Millennial type of haircut and just doesn't suite him in my opinion but I applaud him for trying something new

SLAB

Hall of Famer
okay so I am not the only one thinking about that haircut he got....that is a Millennial type of haircut and just doesn't suite him in my opinion but I applaud him for trying something new
I saw it on twitter and started laughing out loud! Just something I never expected to see! Haha

A nice demonstration on Bucks defensive scheme. Starts with shutting the paint, giving up off the dribble mid rangers, always forcing the extra/cross court pass by heavy rotations and all that with personell well suited for that scheme (lots of IQ, length and athletisism).

Couple of thoughts raised by the video:

This demonstrated why IQ is so crucial defensively. Being a net positive defender is so very much more than defending well in iso situations. Its understanding rotations and being able to constantly read what your responsibility is if thing x happens instead of thing y ect. These are things that are hard to see during the game, for example backdoor cuts that didnt happen because of a smart help defense often can go unnoticed.

Being able to fight through/over screens is very important especially in this type of scheme. You can never die on the screen. You have to be able to atleast somewhat contest shots off the dribble and/or make the passing lane to the big smaller (and try your best to box out the screener if his defender has to contest the shot by ball handler).

I dont have any data to support this so I could be wrong but I think getting over the screens is an area where Fox could develope some especially if he wants to be an all nba level defender. He has all the tools possible (quickness and IQ) and he probably already is one of the best one on one pg defenders but I think he dies on the screens a bit too often considering his defensive potential. Again not any data to support that, just something that I noticed in his rookie year and from time to time after that.

On the low Markelle Fultz has been playing some decent basketball for the Magic.

Over 25MPG he's averaging 12/3/4 and shooting at an almost 50% clip. He's also averaging 1.3 steals per game. He needs to improve his 3pt shooting.

His stats aren't initially eye-popping, but he started the season off timid and has been improving over the last two to three weeks. I know for a former #1 overall pick it's still not near what you'd expect, but I figured it's worth noting.

There's still more than enough room for him to grow. He's becoming more aggressive. Orlando is the perfect team for him - way out of the spotlight so not much pressure anymore. I think the Magic found themselves something.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The 1,500th game of Vince Carter's career, and his final-ever game in Miami, ended up being a humiliating loss: Hawks led 117-111, with 59.9 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter, and lost in overtime, 135-121. Heat scored the final six points of regulation, and then opened overtime on a 16-0 run.

Charlotte's 2nd round pick last year Devonte' Graham is looking like he has star potential. He has exploded onto the scene this year. I've never seen anyone bump their scoring avg from 4.7 ppg to 20 ppg! He's doing this at a 42% clip and 43% from 3. And it's not just scoring, he's also adding in nearly 4 rebounds and 8 assists per game over 33 mpg.

He went off yesterday for 40/5/5 and shot 12/21 overall, 7/12 from distance.

This isn't just a blip on the radar. He's routinely been putting up monster stats. The way he's playing he legitimately has the potential to essentially replace Kemba Walker. It's still early in the year so I might be overreacting but he is a massive draft steal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.