[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (DEC/JAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, at this point they are simply treadmilling and if they can't put a team together in the next two seasons or so, it may be time to hit the reset button
they could probably get 5 first rounders for Cj and Dame plus they could be in the tank for a couple years. All good things come to an end and you have to wonder if this is it.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
they could probably get 5 first rounders for Cj and Dame plus they could be in the tank for a couple years. All good things come to an end and you have to wonder if this is it.
knowing how loyal Dame is to Portland, I don't see him asking for a trade no matter the circumstances unless Portland wants to do him a service while he still has some prime years left and give him a chance for a title

Watching the Sixers Celtics right now. I’m really impressed with Dwight Howard. He has been getting some nice put backs and muscling guys for tough rebounds. Seems like he has really settled into this phase of his career.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Unlike seemingly most of the people who post here (and, like, 99 percent of small-market team fans) I do not have any antipathy towards national sports media. At all. In fact, since I don't root for the local team (And why the hell would I? I mean, come on, the Hawks?), I find national sports media to be useful, and relevant to my interests, more often than not. That being said, I am very tickled that a whole bunch of national sports writers are going to have to rip up their columns, and start over from scratch, because the Cleveland Cavaliers just took a dump on their narrative.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Here's what I don't understand about Houston's usage of Cousins: he's obviously no longer a go-to player, after all the injuries, but he can still get you some points in the paint. But, to borrow something I heard on The Jump, the other day, he's a low-post scorer, who can shoot a little bit, not a three-point shooter, who can occasionally go down low. He is almost entirely wasted in the five-out offense that Houston runs, and with him being a defensive liability against the high pick-and-roll (which, frankly, is all any team should run, when he's on the floor), if you're not going to at least get him a few touches inside a night, I don't see what the point is of playing him?

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
So Kyrie comes back... takes 28 (!!) shots, gives up 42 points to Collin Sexton (who, to be fair, was already making a case as the best PG in the East this year) and Brooklyn's coronation parade suddenly takes a left turn into the forest of uncertainty. I'm pretty sure everyone with a pulse saw this plot twist coming. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.