[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (DEC/JAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It hasn't been that hard to make the playoffs in the East recently. Doesn't that matter? The last time they made it, it was Walls team. Look, I like Beal, but if they don't make it this year then I don't think the supporting cast can be blamed any longer.
Wizards supporting cast isn't much better this season than it was last season. Westbrook doesn't automatically make them a Playoff team.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Boogie gets ejected for a flagrant foul 2.........went for a hard foul on Lebron. Silly Boogie, everyone knows you can’t give Lebron James a hard foul

Where did Jerami Grant come from? Went from a decent role player to like a 25ppg scorer in one shortened off season.

He is definitely making the most of his opportunity. The Pistons could be on the rise soon. Grant, Bey and Hayes (even though he has struggled) a likely top 5 pick this year and I assume they trade Griffin at the break for additional assets.

Okc looking pretty good so far this year at 5-4. I assume they will unload some of their veterans at the trade deadline but maybe it's not suprising they are doing ok so far. They have 2 playoff vets in Horford and Hill, a borderline star in SGA, the greatest defender of all time and forum favorite, and some other long higher upside players.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Okc looking pretty good so far this year at 5-4. I assume they will unload some of their veterans at the trade deadline but maybe it's not suprising they are doing ok so far. They have 2 playoff vets in Horford and Hill, a borderline star in SGA, the greatest defender of all time and forum favorite, and some other long higher upside players.
The thing is I’m not so sure they should be doing this. Presti’s spent like two full seasons now prepping for a tank only for his teams to keep winning enough to hurt the franchise long term. He’s got like 30 extra first round picks to work with but it doesn’t really matter if they don’t suck enough to get their franchise centerpiece (or Poku somehow gains 30 pounds and becomes a star)!

The thing is I’m not so sure they should be doing this. Presti’s spent like two full seasons now prepping for a tank only for his teams to keep winning enough to hurt the franchise long term. He’s got like 30 extra first round picks to work with but it doesn’t really matter if they don’t suck enough to get their franchise centerpiece (or Poku somehow gains 30 pounds and becomes a star)!
I’m guessing the winning is unintentional. It’s too early in the season to know if this is sustainable, but what if it is? How far are they willing to go to tank? At this point they might actually have to give up draft capital to trade Horford. Hill can probably be moved. Aside from those two I don’t know what else they can do to get worse.

I’m guessing the winning is unintentional. It’s too early in the season to know if this is sustainable, but what if it is? How far are they willing to go to tank? At this point they might actually have to give up draft capital to trade Horford. Hill can probably be moved. Aside from those two I don’t know what else they can do to get worse.
Right. They have a negative point differential, so you’d expect the losses eventually to catch up with them. This will be a weird season, though, and it’s possible that other factors mean that rule doesn’t necessarily apply.

But I agree that it’s not like they’re doing anything unsustainable in the long run. I believe it’s best to develop your young players within a structure that includes a couple reliable vets. I don’t think you develop your young talent as efficiently if they’re out there flailing around with a bunch of other inexperienced guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.