[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (DEC/JAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Raptors now 1-6....I didn't realize that the loss of Marc Gasol and Hollis-Jefferson was going to impact them that much. It's only 7 games into the season but still makes me wonder sometimes

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Raptors now 1-6....I didn't realize that the loss of Marc Gasol and Hollis-Jefferson was going to impact them that much. It's only 7 games into the season but still makes me wonder sometimes
For all the Kings fan fawning over him, Siakam has sorta been lowkey awful since the bubble.

dont worry, the remedy for slumps is to play the kings. oh look, guess who plays the kings friday :eek:

dude12

Hall of Famer
Reading box scores, looks like Bogdan has fallen to the bottom of the rotation for ATL. That's a tough loss on their investment for them if it stays that way.
He routinely is being outplayed by Huerter.....but I just read on hoopsrumors on the Atlanta situation that John Collins is quoted as being dissatisfied with the offense and how Trae Young is running it. Other not named teammates also feel the same. Not enough ball movement and too many early shot clocks shots.

The implosion there is happening early and this is without Galinari who has been hurt. When he comes back there are even less shots for others.

He routinely is being outplayed by Huerter.....but I just read on hoopsrumors on the Atlanta situation that John Collins is quoted as being dissatisfied with the offense and how Trae Young is running it. Other not named teammates also feel the same. Not enough ball movement and too many early shot clocks shots.

The implosion there is happening early and this is without Galinari who has been hurt. When he comes back there are even less shots for others.
Sac Kings type drama. Except maybe a little worse since teammates are criticizing each other. Good times.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Rondo and Dunn have also been injured so this is mostly just ATL’s existing players going at it.

dude12

Hall of Famer
In regards to Atlanta, we have all seen that when you sign a lot of free agents who are all mostly solid to good to maybe great players and then everyone thinks what a team, the chemistry or fitting parts or setting aside of ego doesn’t always work. See it in baseball quite a bit when the Yankees or recently the Phillies or other team go on a spending spree but it doesn’t click most of the time. There’s something to be said at the pro level for homegrown talent and guys who have come up the ranks and sweated together

In regards to Atlanta, we have all seen that when you sign a lot of free agents who are all mostly solid to good to maybe great players and then everyone thinks what a team, the chemistry or fitting parts or setting aside of ego doesn’t always work. See it in baseball quite a bit when the Yankees or recently the Phillies or other team go on a spending spree but it doesn’t click most of the time. There’s something to be said at the pro level for homegrown talent and guys who have come up the ranks and sweated together
Their Gm said in an interview this was simply about talent acquisition. I think they intend to figure out what pieces fit and then package the rest for a bigger fish.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
McLemore makes his season debut for Houston, chucks it from three, the first time he touches the ball.

EDIT - McLemore now 3-3, all from behind the arc. Last season, he averaged nearly 5 threes for every 2pt attempt.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
McLemore makes his season debut for Houston, chucks it from three, the first time he touches the ball.

EDIT - McLemore now 3-3, all from behind the arc. Last season, he averaged nearly 5 threes for every 2pt attempt.
I’m so happy he found a place in the league. Never about the talent level, all between the ears and just getting some of it to transfer over to live games.

If the Warriors end up in contention for the playoffs, do they make a push for a big trade? Seems like a shame to waste another year especially with Curry shredding the league. How about Wiseman, Wiggins, the Wolves pick plus a future first for Beal? Beal Curry and Draymond would be scary in the playoffs. Add Klay to that mix next year and oh boy. That’s a pretty good return for Washington since Beal is a star not a superstar.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I feel like that's disrespectful to Rock: like, what if Richmond spent most of his career playing with decent teammates, but his teams were still awful?
Fair enough. It does feel like the post-Wall injury Wizards have been godawful at putting pieces around Beal that even remotely make sense though, regardless of overall talent. Their two mid-lotto picks over the last two seasons both play the same position as the dude they just handed a huge extension to in the offseason and their backup guards are all ball dominant heroballers that can’t play with Beal or Westbrook so you’ll have to forgive me for feeling a bit sorry for Beal.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I never said that I don't have empathy for Beal, just think that Richmond's a bad comparison. I don't know if there is a fair comparison for Beal, at least, not in the men's game. Certainly not anybody who gets sympathy from fans that don't root for his team.

Fair enough. It does feel like the post-Wall injury Wizards have been godawful at putting pieces around Beal that even remotely make sense though, regardless of overall talent. Their two mid-lotto picks over the last two seasons both play the same position as the dude they just handed a huge extension to in the offseason and their backup guards are all ball dominant heroballers that can’t play with Beal or Westbrook so you’ll have to forgive me for feeling a bit sorry for Beal.
I think it's ironic that Beal and Cousins were rumored for a while a few years ago to get traded for each other, and it seems like they both have a propensity to put up big stats but seemingly not affect games in a winning manner.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I think it's ironic that Beal and Cousins were rumored for a while a few years ago to get traded for each other, and it seems like they both have a propensity to put up big stats but seemingly not affect games in a winning manner.
I don't think it's fair to label Beal a player who doesn't affect his team in terms of wins when you look at his supporting cast and the fact that Beal also plays defense and can dish the ball. He was in the Playoffs early in his career with Wall and Porter.

I don't think it's fair to label Beal a player who doesn't affect his team in terms of wins when you look at his supporting cast and the fact that Beal also plays defense and can dish the ball. He was in the Playoffs early in his career with Wall and Porter.
It hasn't been that hard to make the playoffs in the East recently. Doesn't that matter? The last time they made it, it was Walls team. Look, I like Beal, but if they don't make it this year then I don't think the supporting cast can be blamed any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.