[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (APR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Considering how highly Pop thinks of her, I’m still amazed they let Becky get away.
I am convinced that the Spurs are the only NBA team that would have been willing to make Coach Hammon a head coach in the NBA, without any prior head coaching experience. My conspiracy theory is that she and the Spurs had a "handshake" agreement to promote her, when Pop retired, and Pop had indicated that he was going to retire on X date, but then unexpectedly changed his mind, and reneged. So she got frustrated, and decided to accept a head coaching job elsewhere. What I'm curious about is whether a stint as the head coach in Austin would have changed anyone's opinion? Because it didn't seem to do much for Nancy Lieberman.

Maybe I’m just a hater but doesn’t giving MIP to the former 2nd overall pick sorta defeat the purpose of this award?
Yeah this is lame. Ja is supposed to get better lol. And the guy won ROY, so it's not like he had 2 sub-par years or anything and just broke out in an insane way in year 3. It's been a pretty linear production upwards for him. Same with Garland. And while Murray doesn't have the same draft pedigree, everyone knew it was just a matter if he could stay healthy to put it all together. All the tools have been there for years.

The award should have been a landslide for Bane. Dude went from a solid rotation player as a rookie to a full blown starter and one of the best shooters and has shown he can be a quality #2 scorer with his workload increase. Especially in a season where Ja missed a bunch of time, Bane was a huge reason they had such an impressive record with him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.