Multiple Kings players test Positive for COVID-19!

kb02

All-Star
Are you serious? I haven't seen any player use COVID-19 as an excuse. Fans, yes. The players themselves, no. I have seen them talk about the toll it took from them. But not for subpar play. It is a serious matter. And it affects different people differently.
Did you read the article?

Here's the relevant part:

"Due to HIPAA rules (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996), the Kings are not allowed to reveal the names of players who are currently infected by the virus. Players are allowed to release that information themselves, but to date, no one from the Kings have come forward with that information."

Entity

Hall of Famer
They should have all gotten together a month ago and all get covid. That way they can’t get it again and be able to play a full season. The thinking is immunity last at least 3-4 months and you have had it.

If they cancel Friday, they cancel Saturday too most likely. Really looking forward to the games but of course that means it will be cancelled.
Give me a freaking break ( *Napes voice ) I’ve been waiting for the return they better not cancel the games

They should have all gotten together a month ago and all get covid. That way they can’t get it again and be able to play a full season. The thinking is immunity last at least 3-4 months and you have had it.
Nobody in their rightful mind would, or should, intentionally catch Covid. It doesn't matter that they would probably be fine, nobody really knows the long term effects of having it. And there are plenty of young, fit people who have had complications or worse from it.

Nobody in their rightful mind would, or should, intentionally catch Covid. It doesn't matter that they would probably be fine, nobody really knows the long term effects of having it. And there are plenty of young, fit people who have had complications or worse from it.
They may be in the minority of deaths but youth doesn't guarantee survival. So if someone thinks it's better to get it and be done with it, I have a bridge......

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Plus, that means that they also can pass it along to their family, including grandparents, etc., as well as anyone else they contact. That's a hard no for any rational person.

Same logic behind the movement to intentionally get your kid exposed to the chicken pox. Sure it's a few days of misery, but as long as they don't scratch so much they scar, they get it out of the way and don't have to worry about it ever again.

And if that seems like a good idea, let me introduce you to a little thing called shingles.

Last edited:
So it’s Wednesday and no news on the game. I hope that means they plan on playing? I assume we would know by now if any of the players contracted it beyond the initial two. Quiet on the Blazers front too.

So it’s Wednesday and no news on the game. I hope that means they plan on playing? I assume we would know by now if any of the players contracted it beyond the initial two. Quiet on the Blazers front too.
Why would they cancel? They tested positive before being allowed into camp.

This season is going to be incredibly annoying. The second we find any momentum, it feels like games may be canceled due to someone testing positive. Obviously health is more important but it will be deflating

This season is going to be incredibly annoying. The second we find any momentum, it feels like games may be canceled due to someone testing positive. Obviously health is more important but it will be deflating
Easy fix. Any team that can't play due to positive tests has to cancel. Players do no receive salary for the game.

Bet Lebron and other Max players would build their own bubbles for the team.

Wouldn't be surprised if we bubble up towards the end of the season before playoffs.