More Williams Joerger drama

"Sources said"...
So assume this was not an open to media practice, Williams or an ally is leaking this doodoo out the morning it happens?

Assuming it really was Williams the first time in the Yahoo report, how on earth was he not fired last week? I don't blame Joerger for being mad anybody would be.

How can an organization function properly when the #2/#3 guy in the chain of command is actively trying to fire the coach, crate turmoil, and leak stories to the press? The really stupid thing is Williams should know about all of the history from the last 5+ years with Malone and Karl........and maybe just maybe we don't want to go down that road again so soon.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Obviously someone had to leak this story. It's a shame that what has turned out to be a fun entertaining season so far, has to be tainted with this kind of nonsense. Not sure what Williams game is, and what it is about Joerger he doesn't like. Who would he have in mind to replace Joerger? Personally, if I'm a head coach with any credibility, I would think twice about taking a job in Sacramento. Apparently success doesn't matter, and if not, what the hell does?

If I'm Vivek or Vlade, I'd get rid of the rat, and from the information available, the rat appears to be Williams. As I pointed out previously, Petrie had a similar incident happen with his second in command, and Petrie fired him in a heartbeat. Vivek needs to show where his loyalties lie. This kind of nonsense has to end. Right now, my support is behind Joerger. I want to see where Vlade and Vivek's support lies.

Guys. I'm a Joeger supporter. But the team never confirmed who leaked. The team never fined or punished Williams. Joeger has said Williams wants him fired. Joeger kicked William's out of practice. We know more about what Joeger thinks than anything else. The team doesn't seem to proactively be on Joergers side. Including the most recent statement from Vlade telling everyone to stop focusing on rumors and play the game. Have to read between the lines.

I'm not even going to give this 2 seconds of thought: GET RID OF WILLIAMS NOW.

I simply have no tolerance for anyone breaching the chain of command, which SHOULD be: Vlade > Joerger > EVERYBODY ELSE.

It says in the tweet that Williams had been away for a while, which is why he probably leaked the story, because he knew he would be away.

Now that he is back in town. I hope Vlade brings him in the VladFather room and gives him the axe!

Williams needs to go!

Fire WIlliams NOW!!!

Yawn. I'm not yet sure whether this one is more about office politics or just someone trying to generate some page hits by stirring up trouble. Anonymous sources again. Another tempest in a teapot. If Williams is being a pain, get rid of him.

Who in the **** is Brandon Williams and why is he taking all the shine away from this young inspiring team and their great start? Why the hell wasn't he thrown out on his ass the second they found out he leaked this crap?

Kings fans have been patiently waiting for a team to step on court and show some promise for TEN. ****ING. YEARS.

If Vlade can't pull the trigger and make the right decision, then he can go too. Worst front office in sports.

There is only one head coach. The one we have is showing great ability and leadership. Anybody that get in his way may have to go, especially when the Kings are being successful.. Like any good coach will tell you, it is not a democracy, it is coaching.

Who in the **** is Brandon Williams and why is he taking all the shine away from this young inspiring team and their great start? Why the hell wasn't he thrown out on his ass the second they found out he leaked this crap?

Kings fans have been patiently waiting for a team to step on court and show some promise for TEN. ****ING. YEARS.

If Vlade can't pull the trigger and make the right decision, then he can go too. Worst front office in sports.
The Knicks I think is worse... I was 5alking about this today. They have the very best market and can't get anything going. We will get passed this.. as long as we don't fire Joerger.

Frankly I don't think Vlade can fire the guy. He's gunning for Vlade's job too and I'm sure Vlade knows it, but he's serving at the behest of others in the organization.
Why so? If Vlade is the GM and he hired Williams, I would think he has the power to fire him.

Being that Williams was apparently away for a while (scouting?) and is now back in town, I would imagine that Vlade wanted to get the story first hand from Williams, before making a judgement on firing him or not. Well, now that Williams is back, I would hope for a resolution on his job status very soon.

We should see who has the power here shortly. If Vlade doesn't fire Williams ASAP, there is something seriously wrong brewing! :eek:

Here's the problem now:

Because Vlade didn't do anything about the Hayes piece, which seems to clearly come from Brandon Williams, he now has Joerger forcing his hand in front of a TNT game. So now if he makes a move it looks like Joerger has the power, which will impact anyone who replaces Williams.

So Vlade is continuing to avoid making any move which extends the drama.

Why so? If Vlade is the GM and he hired Williams, I would think he has the power to fire him.

Being that Williams was apparently away for a while (scouting?) and is now back in town, I would imagine that Vlade wanted to get the story first hand from Williams, before making a judgement on firing him or not. Well, now that Williams is back, I would hope for a resolution on his job status very soon.

We should see who has the power here shortly. If Vlade doesn't fire Williams ASAP, there is something seriously wrong brewing! :eek:
See Hoovtrain's response to mine. He's Matina's guy.