More Williams Joerger drama

Here's the problem now:

Because Vlade didn't do anything about the Hayes piece, which seems to clearly come from Brandon Williams, he now has Joerger forcing his hand in front of a TNT game. So now if he makes a move it looks like Joerger has the power, which will impact anyone who replaces Williams.

So Vlade is continuing to avoid making any move which extends the drama.
It's better than a knee jerk reaction. I think the franchise needs to think about what they want to do before they end up putting their foot in their mouth, which they were prone to do.

Obviously someone had to leak this story. It's a shame that what has turned out to be a fun entertaining season so far, has to be tainted with this kind of nonsense. Not sure what Williams game is, and what it is about Joerger he doesn't like. Who would he have in mind to replace Joerger? Personally, if I'm a head coach with any credibility, I would think twice about taking a job in Sacramento. Apparently success doesn't matter, and if not, what the hell does?

If I'm Vivek or Vlade, I'd get rid of the rat, and from the information available, the rat appears to be Williams. As I pointed out previously, Petrie had a similar incident happen with his second in command, and Petrie fired him in a heartbeat. Vivek needs to show where his loyalties lie. This kind of nonsense has to end. Right now, my support is behind Joerger. I want to see where Vlade and Vivek's support lies.
I agree completely. In what organization is there this type of conflict between two high-powered leaders of the franchise, and no action is taken? Vlade/Vivek are now in a spot where even taking no action states which side theyre are on. No action leans towards them not siding with Joerger; firing whoever leaked the initial story shows a clear stance, that the Kings are completely behind Joerger.

So any logical person would consider the following factors:

• we are lucky to even have coach like Joerger considering our history of been uncompletely unfair to coaches, and to generally being a very poorly run franchise

• Joerger has us playing our best basketball in years, coming when we were a consesus bottom two or three team coming into this season

• our goal the last couple years has been: develop talent and find a star player. Goal accomplished under Joerger, players have developed well under him and Fox looks to be a future star

• having Williams leak a story for his personal gain shows he cares more about his own power than the team’s performance and credibility

Now if Vivek and/or Vlade can’t CLEARLY see Joerger is obviously who we should align behind, then I don’t know what to think about this franchise and it’s future. I’ve already been tested heavily with extreme mismanagement of this franchise the past several years. I can’t imagine what I would do if next year we start the year without Joerger and Williams still has a job here.

who is the source for this one? Joerger?
Here's the problem now:

Because Vlade didn't do anything about the Hayes piece, which seems to clearly come from Brandon Williams, he now has Joerger forcing his hand in front of a TNT game. So now if he makes a move it looks like Joerger has the power, which will impact anyone who replaces Williams.

So Vlade is continuing to avoid making any move which extends the drama.
If this leak came from Joerger I would fire them both if I were Vlade. Its one thing to play politics withinn the organization, ita another to use the outside world to do so.

who is the source for this one? Joerger?

If this leak came from Joerger I would fire them both if I were Vlade. Its one thing to play politics withinn the organization, ita another to use the outside world to do so.
Joerger comes before Vlade IMO. I think Vivek would see it like that even if he didn’t want another round of coach before GM

It's better than a knee jerk reaction. I think the franchise needs to think about what they want to do before they end up putting their foot in their mouth, which they were prone to do.
I agree. I think what the franchise wanted to do is take care of the conflict in-house. It was behind us until today.

The smart move would be for Vivek to resolve before 5 PM PT and start of TNT coverage tonight's Kings-Clips game. Fire Williams and be done with it. No distractions, no drama, no dragging out any further. Otherwise, TNT will exploit it as more evidence "laughing stock" Kings.

I would disagree. It starts in this case at #3, Williams. Vlade and Vivek have flaws, but they are not toxic. Toxicity is active sabotage, which is Williams game.
I will counter your disagree with a respectfully disagree :)
This all starts with the man in charge...Vivek. This same crap was occurring before Vlade and Williams were here. What’s the common denominator (s)?

I will counter your disagree with a respectfully disagree :)
This all starts with the man in charge...Vivek. This same crap was occurring before Vlade and Williams were here. What’s the common denominator (s)?
Sure, it's happening under Vivek, I would simply disicriminate between toxicity/active sabotage, and clumsy or incompetent. I don't see the former from Vivek or Vlade. I see a little of the latter in Vivek, but see he has also dramatically improved in that regard. Vlade has for the most part been doing a great job and under the massive scrutiny his position engenders, imo has performed very well.

The problem again as I see it is active sabotage by Williams, and the mistake by Vivek and Vlade in this situation was not firing him immediately, but perhaps didn't have enough intel to do so, I can't say. I do wish they would fire him now however.

Very hard to see how he makes it to the end of the week though.

Bit messy, but hopefully they will learn from this.

Assistant GMs are a dime a dozen. You don't need a big name. You can go with competence and be just fine.

William's wants to be fired so he can go home and collect a paycheck. Why else leak this? That said, he should have been disciplined in some manner if not fired to put him in his place. Joerger doing what vlade should have done here honestly. Embarrassed him in some manner to send a message where he stands after the crap he pulled

This franchise is so freaking toxic and it starts at the top
My guess is Williams has dirt on the FO and ownership group that they don’t want getting out or made into a bigger issue than it is currently, so Vlade figures the best way to project stability is to brush off the claims as rumors. No other reason you let this fester for weeks without any type of resolution

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this is somehow connected to a Seattle ownership group looking to foment discontent in this franchise so they can have another attempt to purchase

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this is somehow connected to a Seattle ownership group looking to foment discontent in this franchise so they can have another attempt to purchase
Well that's certainly a different take... There's an ironclad contract between the Kings and the city of Sacramento re the Golden 1 Center. Even if the team is sold to different owners, they're bound to that contract.

If Vivek/Vlade are reasonably sure that Williams is the leak, he needs to go. No two ways about it. You just can't undermine the coach publically.

That said, as an organization we need to answer several tough questions. If Williams is a day to day operations guy, what is Vlade's/Peja's role? Is this common among other FOs in the league? Some folks have rightly asked, if not Dave, then who? While fair, we also need to ask, if not Williams, then who?

While Williams transgressions should (likely will) get him the axe, we need to have some well respected nuts and bolts guys in the FO. I'm sure all FOs have such guys, and Williams probably was ours. If we fire him, we should be ready with a plan to replace him.