More Williams Joerger drama

Here's a news flash: Vlade is not capable of doing his job without help. Williams is our primary negotiator . He works the phones and does due diligence more thorough than Vlade's cursory analysis that included this timeless bit of wisdom when Wes Matthews snapped his Achilles and Vlade threw a max offer him at him: "Injuries happen". Do fans really want to get rid of Williams so Vlade can bumble and stumble in the dark and maybe make a deal if he happens to run into a counterpart at the concession stand during the all-star break? Sorry not palatable course of action. Williams job is safe I would venture because the ownership group knows Vlade is in over his head without him.

Joerger is in his right to ask Williams to leave practice. That is his domain. He's the boss. My understanding is the way the practice facility is set up Brandon can watch the practice from the second floor office. One more thing, the statement that Vlade released was weak. What needs to be addressed is if the front office and coach can coexist harmoniously with philosophical differences one employee trying to undermine another. This situation was never publicly addressed and resolved, and apparently privately either, and so it festers. This is what happens when you have poor leadership. It takes a leader to address and resolve the situation. Vlade has poor leadership skills. He's a poor communicator and he's not savvy when it comes to relationship dynamics. Hypothetically he would not be effective in the role of arbiter between Joerger and Williams, if in fact mending the relationship were possible.

Vlade is far from irreplaceable. Joerger then Williams then Vlade in my mind should be the hierarchy of job security and if any jobs are lost they should occur in reverse order. On the other hand I think Williams owes interview or a statement to the fans to clarify his position. What makes him so special he doesn't talk to reporters? Seems arrogant and disrespectful given the loyalty fans have shown to this team over the years. I don't get it. Is someone or something preventing him from speaking out ??? You can't act like a snake then go hide. Be a man and take ownership for what you said and hold yourself accountable to this fanbase.

"According to sources, Williams and Joerger also were on separate pages when it came to free agent targets, which led to additional discord."

The front office is not obligated to acquire the free agents that the coach wants. Stay in your lane, Joerger. We don't need another Matt Barnes or Z-Bo or another "blast from your past" on this roster!

So lets set the timeline here:

- after the PDA fiasco, Vivek hires Vlade
- Vlade fires Karl
- Vlade hires Joerger
- Cousins trade
- Someone (Matina??) hires Williams as assistant GM
- Williams overtakes day-to-day GM duties, Vlade moves to an over-seeing position
- Joerger feels Williams is trying to fire him
- Williams and Joerger disagree about FA targets
- Williams and Joerger disagree about Youngman/Romero

Feels like Williams is basically the GM for a while now with Vlade supervising. So basically, the ownership group / Matina have AGAIN hired a GM after the coach. Its the third time now. And we are wondering why there is drama?

- Vlade fires Karl
- Vlade hires Joerger
- Cousins trade
- Williams overtakes day-to-day GM duties, Vlade moves to an over-seeing position

Feels like Williams is basically the GM for a while now with Vlade supervising. So basically, the ownership group / Matina have AGAIN hired a GM after the coach. Its the third time now. And we are wondering why there is drama?
I think you summed it up beautifully.

- Vlade fires Karl
- Vlade hires Joerger
- Cousins trade

Probably explains the Yogi situation...he’s a Williams signing. Williams’ CYA leak to Haynes was irredeemable for this fanbase. That said, this is also exactly how Joerger got sideways with the Memphis front office.

"According to sources, Williams and Joerger also were on separate pages when it came to free agent targets, which led to additional discord."

The front office is not obligated to acquire the free agents that the coach wants. Stay in your lane, Joerger. We don't need another Matt Barnes or Z-Bo or another "blast from your past" on this roster!
Now this I can understand from a FO POV. But who knows where each of these stories are coming from

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Here's a news flash: Vlade is not capable of doing his job without help. Williams is our primary negotiator . He works the phones and does due diligence more thorough than Vlade's cursory analysis that included this timeless bit of wisdom when Wes Matthews snapped his Achilles and Vlade threw a max offer him at him: "Injuries happen". Do fans really want to get rid of Williams so Vlade can bumble and stumble in the dark and maybe make a deal if he happens to run into a counterpart at the concession stand during the all-star break? Sorry not palatable course of action. Williams job is safe I would venture because the ownership group knows Vlade is in over his head without him.

Joerger is in his right to ask Williams to leave practice. That is his domain. He's the boss. My understanding is the way the practice facility is set up Brandon can watch the practice from the second floor office. One more thing, the statement that Vlade released was weak. What needs to be addressed is if the front office and coach can coexist harmoniously with philosophical differences one employee trying to undermine another. This situation was never publicly addressed and resolved, and apparently privately either, and so it festers. This is what happens when you have poor leadership. It takes a leader to address and resolve the situation. Vlade has poor leadership skills. He's a poor communicator and he's not savvy when it comes to relationship dynamics. Hypothetically he would not be effective in the role of arbiter between Joerger and Williams, if in fact mending the relationship were possible.

Vlade is far from irreplaceable. Joerger then Williams then Vlade in my mind should be the hierarchy of job security and if any jobs are lost they should occur in reverse order. On the other hand I think Williams owes interview or a statement to the fans to clarify his position. What makes him so special he doesn't talk to reporters? Seems arrogant and disrespectful given the loyalty fans have shown to this team over the years. I don't get it. Is someone or something preventing him from speaking out ??? You can't act like a snake then go hide. Be a man and take ownership for what you said and hold yourself accountable to this fanbase.
And you know all of this how?

What's not palatable is your assessment of Vlade, even when facts prove otherwise. But continue to blather on. It's kind of your shtick.

What we're watching out on the court is the result of VLADE DIVAC. You can deny it all you like but it doesn't change a thing. VLADE has built this team and not Brandon Williams, who has clearly overstepped his bounds.

Doubt Williams is going anywhere.
He’s done a great job assembling a very competitive team.
To think Vlade had anything to do with it is laughable.

Unfortunately, Vivek loves Vlade.
So, Vlade will probably make Joerger the scapegoat.

Joerger had issues with the Front office in Memphis. So, this is not entirely surprising.

Joerger had issues with the Front office in Memphis. So, this is not entirely surprising.
Who exactly has Williams brought to the team?

Who exactly has Williams brought to the team?

From what I understand he was guy who
Wanted Bagley.
Also brought in Yogi.

Williams ain’t going anywhere.
People can hold their breath.

Williams has experience working in the front office in the NBA.

And Vlade? Oh yes,
Didn’t he own a bred a breakfast before Vivek hired him? Lol.

From what I understand he was guy who
Wanted Bagley.
Also brought in Yogi.

Williams ain’t going anywhere.
People can hold their breath.

Williams has experience working in the front office in the NBA.

And Vlade? Oh yes,
Didn’t he own a bred a breakfast before Vivek hired him? Lol.
so williams wanted bagley and yogi
and vlade got us fox, giles, buddy, bogey, bjelica, and wanted luka over bagley. if owning a bed and breakfast leads to those decisions im fine with him over williams

so williams wanted bagley and yogi
and vlade got us fox, giles, buddy, bogey, bjelica, and wanted luka over bagley. if owning a bed and breakfast leads to those decisions im fine with him over williams
I'm fine with the Bagley pick. I wanted Doncic, Bags then Miles Bridges.

Yogi is meh.

His resume certainly doesn't say he has anything to stand on. Just fire his ass.

Williams does not deserve the praise you heap on him. Perhaps he brought in Yogi and had some influence involving the Bagley selection. I suspect his value is over inflated as is his ego apparently.