MLB Thread - 2024

dude12

Hall of Famer
Farhan doing his “finding a gem” deal with Ryan McKenna. Actually his numbers looked worth a shot.

Matos hitting 3rd in the lineup today and delivering
Ramos and Luciano getting hits
Keep it up

Farhan doing his “finding a gem” deal with Ryan McKenna. Actually his numbers looked worth a shot.

Matos hitting 3rd in the lineup today and delivering
Ramos and Luciano getting hits
Keep it up
Chapman stringing together a bunch of great games too.

Get Pat Bailey healthy and man. Lots of fun players up right now

Wow they blew it?

And I turned the game off to watch the playoffs because I thought even our crappy bullpen could manage a 4 run ninth inning lead.

Awful

2 steps forward, fall on your face

Wow they blew it?

And I turned the game off to watch the playoffs because I thought even our crappy bullpen could manage a 4 run ninth inning lead.

Awful

2 steps forward, fall on your face
If there's one thing I learned very early on about the bullpen, it is to never underestimate its ability to f it up down the stretch...

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Never done hard drugs but gotta imagine watching Mason Miller close out games with 103 MPH rocket balls is the closest feeling someone can get to doing rock cocaine.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Pat Bailey with a huge night back. Kids might be saving Farhans job, they've reenergized what was looking like a lost season
I hope they settle on Matos’ spot in the lineup…..don’t move him around too much. He saved the Giants with that hustle double.

Also props to Wade on his hitting. An absurd on base percentage.

I hope they settle on Matos’ spot in the lineup…..don’t move him around too much. He saved the Giants with that hustle double.

Also props to Wade on his hitting. An absurd on base percentage.
Wade is just #good. He was crushing the ball last year and he's off to an absurd pace this season.

I'd love to see him get a few more left-handed looks. 5 BB's, 2 SO in 19 PA so far this season. Tiniest of samples, but maybe he's figured something out there.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Mason Miller finally had a bad outing only for the A’s to score a bajillion runs in the bottom of the 11th to walk it off. Sure it was only the Rockies but the A’s haven’t been capable of this since the time they were flaunting a Semien-Olson-Murphy middle of the order.

(Also Bleday is one of those classic Billy Beane thrift store finds)

Rogers coughs it up and wastes a Webb gem and a winning streak heading into a brutal home stand.

Not exactly 9th inning stuff when strikeout situations present themselves

Last edited: