MLB Thread - 2024

And with his first AB of the season, Ramos has matched Soler in hits with runners in scoring position
Luciano and Matos... sure. They're still incredibly young with such little experience in upper minor league levels. I understand wanting to keep them down a bit longer, even though I think both probably could play everyday.

But this has to be the year we see what Ramos is. No excuse anymore, dude crushes AAA pitching, he has a ton of experience at the AAA level and he's at the age now where it's sort of do or die whether he's a long-time major leaguer or not. Give him 400 AB's and at least get that question answered this season. We already know Yaz and Slater are not it and aren't producing.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
The only thing tempering my enthusiasm for Mason Miller's dominant stuff is that he came to the A's billed as a frontline starter and ended up in the closer role this year instead because he's spent most of the last 3 years on the injured list. He's got that Rich Harden problem where he's so overpowering that he blows out his arm every few months. Oh, and there's this:

A's haven't ruled out moving flamethrowing closer... (CBS Sports Report)

Because Jed Fisher. :rolleyes:

dude12

Hall of Famer
JHL with a separated shoulder….fudge.
Conforto out

The only good thing about this as I spin this in my head is Matos coming up.
Also, Heliot is showing out a little bit.
Schmitt with the game winner
Fitzgerald is providing good utility guy work
Mason Black showing promise
The guy I ripped, Hjelle is showing out this time

I hope the young guys keep delivering as I’d love to see some vets go like Yaz.

JHL with a separated shoulder….fudge.
Conforto out

The only good thing about this as I spin this in my head is Matos coming up.
Also, Heliot is showing out a little bit.
Schmitt with the game winner
Fitzgerald is providing good utility guy work
Mason Black showing promise
The guy I ripped, Hjelle is showing out this time

I hope the young guys keep delivering as I’d love to see some vets go like Yaz.
Gotta be excited about Kyle Harrison's start too. After his first cup of coffee last year, he's come back better with the league having some MLB IP to go back and watch. And Farhan just straight up stole Jordan Hicks. Looks like a damn solid 2-3 starter we got for a penny.

Pat Bailey been one of the better hitters on the team after struggling offensively at the end of his rookie year.So there's absolutely some dudes to get excited about, we just need these vets who are supposed to be good hitters to actually play like it. Soler, Wilmer, Slater, Chapman and Murphy been god awful.

Bad fielding and bad bullpen.

It would’ve been a nice play but I felt Matos could’ve had that Smith drive. Blanco would’ve reeled it in. Not sure Lee would’ve since he seems to get lost out in our centerfield too

Ramos and Matos with RBI’s in the win. Now play Luciano and I’ll be happy and ready to actually watch some games for the first time since like the second week of the season.
Enough of the crapty vets. Make this season productive and see what if we can glean anything out of our youth. Can't really get much worse than we've been