Mike Bibby's defense sucks.

It's not the best, but it is not the worst. BTW, he has carried us this season. So, instead of complaining about his defense, I say "Keep up the good work!" His defense is ALWAYS better in the playoffs and I have no doubt that he will step it up this time.

teamdimechampionship said:
Can anyone in KINGSFANS LAND name a point guard in the playoffs who IS a defensive stopper?

Duhon, AI, Billups. . .but you have a point. PG is not a position noted for its defense. I think its more important that a PG be able to funnel his man where the help is, disrupt passing lanes, and at least be respectable against the pick and roll. . .which Bibby usually is.

On a serious note, Gilbert Arenas, Chauncey Billups, Jason Kidd (if they make the playoffs), Eric Snow (if they make the playoffs) and Allen Iverson are probably the best defensive point guards in the playoffs.

Honorable mention to Kirk Hinrich, Jason Williams, Tony Parker, Dwayne Wade.

Superman said:
On a serious note, Gilbert Arenas, Chauncey Billups, Jason Kidd (if they make the playoffs), Eric Snow (if they make the playoffs) and Allen Iverson are probably the best defensive point guards in the playoffs.

Honorable mention to Kirk Hinrich, Jason Williams, Tony Parker, Dwayne Wade.
:eek: :confused:

I must not be watching the Grizzlies enough.

GoGoGadget said:

I knew someone would react to that...

He's a very decent defender now. The real reason he gets honorable mention is because he's not as awful as he used to be.

A

AriesMar27

GoGoGadget said:

thats what i was thinking.... and wade isnt really a point guard... is he even playing pg right now? everytime i watch a heat game i always see jones in there with him....

I wonder if Phoenix fans gripe about Steve Nash's defense.

Are there any starting point guards in the NBA that don't get beaten off the dribble more often than not? Even some of the guys you mentioned as good defensive PG's like A.I. and Tony Parker get beaten off the dribble.

CaminoChaos said:
Bibb's get beat by everybody. Eddie House really bust his *** on D. We are going to get killed by any fast pg in the playoffs.
You obviously didn't watch him blocking Lebron.;)

Bibby plays adequate defense when he has to, and there is no more urgency than there is in the playoffs.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
PixelPusher said:
I wonder if Phoenix fans gripe about Steve Nash's defense.

Are there any starting point guards in the NBA that don't get beaten off the dribble more often than not? Even some of the guys you mentioned as good defensive PG's like A.I. and Tony Parker get beaten off the dribble.
Suns fans are ina honey moon faze, they only see the positives... and who could blame them.

chelle said:
The ONLY player I am not concerned about during the playoffs is Bibby. He may not play spectaclur one-on-one D, but his team defense is good and his end of game defense is above average. Besides, his main job is not defense. It is running the team and controlling our offense. He is VERY good at that and ALWAYS picks up his intensity in the playoffs. The others I am concerned about due to injury, past track records, and inexperience together. We do not need to worry about Bibby.
WORD! Bibby is not the player we need to be critisizing right now considering he's been the most solid and healthy player on our team since the Webb trade....