Michael Porter Jr

I was excited about the potential of mpj to be a #1 overall talent available at #2 to us. But I'm suspect at this point. No reason he can't come to sac

True but so far no one else is coming to Sac either. The draft is only 2 weeks away.
Yeah but with mpj I think he's only holding the pro day style workout. The other guys are going to individual teams. Sac has to at least be working out the three bigs... They're all going to Atlanta.

Yeah but with mpj I think he's only holding the pro day style workout. The other guys are going to individual teams. Sac has to at least be working out the three bigs... They're all going to Atlanta.
Those workouts aren't nearly as meaningful for those other guys as they are for Porter. He has to show more because of the lack of game film. At least I think so...

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
You still need to bring all prospects in for a workout. Remember when 99% of the basketball world has Fultz at #1 to Boston? Turns on Tatum was their actual guy. They brought in Tatum for a workout.
as far as I know, the Kings haven't brought in any top 5 prospect so far and have not attended any individual workouts either. So all I can draw from that is they are keeping their interests in the vest.

An interesting blurb on MPJ from a St. Louis Post Dispatch focused on his brother Jontay:

"Porter Sr. said his oldest son has not yet released his medical information to NBA teams but underwent a physical by the Chicago Bulls medical team last Thursday. He’ll host a pro day this Friday in Chicago that’s open to any team that’s interested in watching him work out. The following week the teams drafting in the top 10 will have another day to see him up close and inspect his surgically repaired back. The Porters will share the Bulls’ medical report with every other NBA team, Porter Sr. said."

I've maintained that the health concerns are way overblown, but if that's truly the case why all the secrecy?

Some more MPJ tidbits as well in the article: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/coll...l&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share

MizzouKing
I don't care about the Bulls' medical report. All teams should care about is the medical report issued by the doctors who did his surgery. I like his potential as a player, but this should keep us from drafting him at #2. Sounds like he has something to hide...

as far as I know, the Kings haven't brought in any top 5 prospect so far and have not attended any individual workouts either. So all I can draw from that is they are keeping their interests in the vest.
All I can draw from that is that they have decided to pick Luka

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
What I draw from this is that top prospects are avoiding the Kings.
that's the norm for the Kings organization. Even with that though, there have still been a interaction with the prospects whether its attending a workout or bringing them in for an interview. I think the next week should tell us all we should know because I doubt the top prospects will be working out one week prior to the draft anyway.

Im disappointed as i want to pick between luka or porter but porter showing he is healthy is an expected prerequisite. Welp makes pick easier in my mind then it has to be luka....or bamba

I want mpj as much as anyone but if he won't let us clear his medicals nor will he cooperate and let us work him out(unscripted) then i say pass. Take Bagley and move on!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Ham and Doug are still pumping major sunshine on Porter...and talking a trade down. This is not looking good. The big MPJ at #2 media push starts after tomorrow’s workout.
It's so KINGS to get gifted something amazing then speak of trading down and taking the guy that was pegged to us around our original draft spot.

I pray it's all smokescreen. I've said it before, if it isn't and this is the direction they want, I'll give everyone a shot but one of my feet will already be out the door again. I can't deal with much more failure and incompetence from this franchise.

Found a new clip of MPJ showing off his sick handles in high school
Honestly porter wouldn’t stand out in that clip if he were there dribbling.

Ham and Doug are still pumping major sunshine on Porter...and talking a trade down. This is not looking good. The big MPJ at #2 media push starts after tomorrow’s workout.
Where are you getting this??
I still don’t belive the nonsense no way we trade down for that dude

The back surgery is concerning, especially given his young age. The fact that he won't submit to medical exams or release his medical records means, in my view, that his back is not fully healed and/or he may need a revision surgery and/or he will need another surgery at some point down the line and/or he will have back problems later in his career. Just say NO to Porter unless he release everything and submits to a medical exam.

edit: I don't see this as him specifically avoiding the Kings because he hasn't release this information to any other teams either.
double edit: drafting Porter under those circumstances should get Vlade fired.

Apparently, Porter had a microdiscectomy which removes part of the herniated disc. I am not a surgeon, but I do know that the disc does not grow back. Meaning, his disk is now flatter and less efficient as a shock absorber (disc sits between vertebra and prevents bone-on-bone). I think it's probably only a matter of time before he needs a bigger surgery given the amount of wear and tear he will put on his back.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...ack-surgery-plants-doubt-into-2018-nba-draft/

The back surgery is concerning, especially given his young age. The fact that he won't submit to medical exams or release his medical records means, in my view, that his back is not fully healed and/or he may need a revision surgery and/or he will need another surgery at some point down the line and/or he will have back problems later in his career. Just say NO to Porter unless he release everything and submits to a medical exam.

edit: I don't see this as him specifically avoiding the Kings because he hasn't release this information to any other teams either.
double edit: drafting Porter under those circumstances should get Vlade fired.
Vivek needs to have enough common sense here to step in if this is the route Vlade is set on going. We cannot take MPJ. I was already hesitant on him before, but now he's not disclosing his full medical records and only allowing one team to give him a physical? Pass. Pass. HARD PASS.

This whole situation reminds me of the Cousins draft. A lot of folks though Petrie was going to take Greg Monroe because he liked finesse players. When they interviewed Geoff afterwards he said Demarcus was clearly the best center in the draft.

I really can't see the Kings trading from 2 for an extra late lottery pick. They probably won't be drafting this high again for quite some time. A bust would be the absolute worst thing that could happen.