Mavs @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sactown_draftpick said:
i know but dreams is all sactemento kings fans have at this monent
I'll say it again...we need Loul Deng...I so wish those Peja to Chicago rumors were true...but we really will never know even if they were, its stupid to grasp at that straw at this point.

P

playmaker0017

To me, the tempo was partially set in the beginning - Reef was fouled a couple times early and they weren't calling it. Then they were bringing the house. This frustrated him and brought him outside ... and the rest of the team lost confidence on the inside.

That clearly made him a worse player - and basically made him obsolete. It also made us a worse team.

We had a mini-run ... but the 3rd was about bail-out calls. We looked god-awful the entire second half.

kennadog said:
NO, there was no ref in the vicinity. They were standing by the sideline. He was clearly ripping Bibby a new one.
No, he wasn't....he was basically yelling at no one which is what he does.....no one listens to him anyways.

Just poor coaching all around. No Skinner in the first half(or the whole game for that matter) and letting Miller guard Dirk while Shareef(not a great defender but ALOT more mobile than Brad) stand there guarding Dampier........great job Rick. Please fire his *** already

S

Smart_guy3

Circa_1985_Fan said:
I'll say it again...we need Loul Deng...I so wish those Peja to Chicago rumors were true...but we really will never know even if they were, its stupid to grasp at that straw at this point.
Were will Deng start? I always thought of him as a bench player ( 6th man ) type no one is gonna turn this team around unless we get a All-star like Artest and we aren't getting him.

P

playmaker0017

D-Mass said:
I was pretty sure that there was a ref walking to the table that RA was yelling at.
There HAD to be a ref - because Bibby is RA's lovechild ... and obviously can't do anything wrong.

If I were coach, Bibby wouldn't leave the bench for the rest of the game after being beaten downcourt on three straight possessions.

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Skinner couldn't even stop Jerome James.

He's a good shot blocker, statistically, but he's not really a good defender. Every "real" center in the league just shoots over the top of him, like he isn't even there.

Dampier would pull a "Shaq" on him.
I would agree, but Skinner was clearly hurt during that run, from when he got here to how he ending his season was very different.

P

playmaker0017

JJ22L said:
yea piksi- im with you on this one...the title "pg" by bibbys name on courtside live usually means there should be some assists
The title "pg" next to Bibby's name is an insult to John Stockton.

You know what's really sad about tonight? Dallas actually played a bad game tonight, they couldn't hit a shot for like 10 min straight... but when they wanted to pull away it was no big deal.

S

sidshwsito

Gud we lost again! I hope we keep on lossing, this will force dem to make real changes in the future... All i hope is that it be sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Skinner couldn't even stop Jerome James.

He's a good shot blocker, statistically, but he's not really a good defender. Every "real" center in the league just shoots over the top of him, like he isn't even there.

Dampier would pull a "Shaq" on him.
Skinner was on the bench last year while Jerome was having his way with the Kings front line......Don't you remember Corliss playing center???

P

playmaker0017

KP said:
You know what's really sad about tonight? Dallas actually played a bad game tonight, they couldn't hit a shot for like 10 min straight... but when they wanted to pull away it was no big deal.
See - they are what some like to refer to as "a good team".

Quite the antithesis of the Sacramento Kings.

P

playmaker0017

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
That's a red herring, and you know it.

Bibby didn't do nearly enough to get his teammates involved in the game, but quit trying to use a misleading argument to make it sound like Bibby didn't make any attempt whatsoever.
Actually, he didn't ... :D

Seriously though - I was just impressed that Bibby didn't shoot 42 times tonight. I really thought he would ... especially when he was getting owned by JT.

Smart_guy3 said:
Were will Deng start? I always thought of him as a bench player ( 6th man ) type no one is gonna turn this team around unless we get a All-star like Artest and we aren't getting him.
So we might as well keep the gurly man Peja, if we're using that strategy. If we got Deng, then we could start Corliss at the 3 and bring Deng off the bench...obvious upgrade.

S

Smart_guy3

Circa_1985_Fan said:
So we might as well keep the gurly man Peja, if we're using that strategy. If we got Deng, then we could start Corliss at the 3 and bring Deng off the bench...obvious upgrade.
Good point. I think Deng is more valuable to the Bulls as Peja is valuable to the Kings it's gonna be hard for Paxson & Geoff to put that deal on the table...

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
I've been tracking Skinner since he was in Milwaukee; he's a decent weak side shotblocker, but a poor defender overall. Doesn't alter shots. Doesn't clog the lane; anybody 6'10" or taller shoots right over him without regard.
at least we'd have the weak side guarded, we cant even put token defense on anyone at the moment. matadors in full effect!

Status
Not open for further replies.