Mavs @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
KP said:
Fault? losing this game was Bibbys fault? It was Bibbys, Reefs, Brads, and others faults. This team sucks and it's not all because of Bibby, you want someone to blame? Blame GP, he made the moves that put this team together. This team is a complete mismash of players whose games do not compliment each other, you know it... you've posted it, When peja has been playing he's been just as ineffective as any of them. To many players that can't cover each others weaknesses or make each other better.
I absolutely agree that the whole team lost the game but You are the one that tries to exempt Bibby out of that. One could argue that this team would have better record if we had a legitimate PG who does his job getting everyone involved and who tries to keep the opponent in front of him.
Vlade and CW are gone and only thing Mike is good for is hitting some shots which is nothing considering that he touches the ball on every posession.
Him and SAR - just like old Vancouver times. They had a win every leap year.

P

playmaker0017

It hurts. But, really - this game SHOULD have been unwinnable ... we got some cheapie calls to keep us in the game and our bench sparked a fire that was probably best left unsparked.

False hope is sometimes worse than no hope.

Reef wasn't going to score when they made it a point to run zones and double him out. He started aggressive, but he got stopped 3 times and then decided to check out mentally. Good for you Reef. God I hate you sometimes.

Bibby wasn't going to play defense from the get go. I mean, you can point to his total and go WHOOPIE ... but JT ate him up 7-11 for 19 points in 26 minutes.

Miller --- well, what does Brad Miller do? It certainly isn't play defense and with any token of defense the guy crumbles.

I'm not sure what this team needs and I don't think there is a quick fix. You can look every which way and see a hole that needs fixing.

piksi

Hall of Famer
playmaker0017 said:
Well, I could be wrong, but I think Joe Johnson was PG during that stretch last year.
Not that important really - I compleately agree that Bibby is as good as Barbosa who can actually defend some

piksi said:
IYou are the one that tries to exempt Bibby out of that.
Where is this coming from? What are you talking about? I posted earlier tonight that Bibby was the biggest dissapointment on the team. Maybe since Peja didn't have another *****-*** performance (since he's hiding on the bench) you felt like you could unleash you inner Bibby Basher again, you haven't been like this all year. They All Suck, Collectively. Bibby is sucking too, when have I ever shied away from saying that?? All I said is if bibby doesn't score the way he did tonight the Kings get blown out, and that's a fact.

loopymitch said:
At least it was close until the end, better than total blowout.
Whether you lost by 1 or 50, it's still a loss.

And I don't consider this a close game at all. First, the Mavs won by 10 points. And they scored 32 points against the Kings' 23 in the 4th quarter. Not close. :confused:

P

playmaker0017

piksi said:
You got a point - Mike is as good as Barbosa except Barbosa makes 10 times less money and defends better
Don't insult Barbosa.

He's just young.

The problem with the Kings is quite simply - individually they were never as talented as they seemed when they played in the system with Vlade and Webber.

Bibby was never a good PG. His deficiencies were masked.

Peja never could get his own shots.

Miller never really did much of anything.

Now we added Reef, who individually has talent - but isn't a player that can carry a team. We add Bonzi who, bless is heart, is playing 10X above his level, but still not good enough.

Then we deplete the bench.

No wonder we stink.

P

playmaker0017

piksi said:
Not that important really - I compleately agree that Bibby is as good as Barbosa who can actually defend some
You are gonna pee me off insulting Barbosa like this. :D

I'm sorry, I'm on my hating Bibby kick.

piksi

Hall of Famer
KP said:
Where is this coming from? What are you talking about? I posted earlie tonight that Bibby was the biggest dissapointment on the team. Maybe since Peja didn't have another *****-*** performance (since he's hiding on the bench) you felt like you could unleash you inner Bibby Basher again, you haven't been like this all year. They All Suck, Collectively. Bibby is sucking too, when have I ever shied away from saying that?? All I said is if bibby doesn't score the way he did tonight the Kings get blown out, and that's a fact.
lose by 5 or by 50 still an L

I don't think that either one of them has been a disappointment. That is all they got. No Vlade, no Webber, no DC, no Bobby - nobody left to cover their asses and makes them look good

P

playmaker0017

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
I just get annoyed by people making misleading sweeping generalizations to try and make a point...
You have to expect sweeping generalizations and extreme exagerations after a loss. It's part of the whole thing.

piksi said:
lose by 5 or by 50 still an L

I don't think that either one of them has been a disappointment. That is all they got. No Vlade, no Webber, no DC, no Bobby - nobody left to cover their asses and makes them look good
I think we completely agree about everything.

piksi said:
You got a point - Mike is as good as Barbosa except Barbosa makes 10 times less money and defends better
Wow!
I havent been here for about a year, and read your comments. As ignorant as ever.
Zero assist is abnormal. You cant judge this player by this game. Then again, since it fits in with your hatred toward this player you have no problem using this to jab at him.

Last edited:

piksi

Hall of Famer
Heuge said:
Wow!
I havent been here for about a year, and read your comments. As ignorant as ever.
Zero assist is abnormal. You cant judge this player by this game. Then again, since it fits in with your hatred toward this player you have no problem jabbing this with this. Back to ignore you go.
You have been gone for a year ?

To be fair to Piksi I haven't thought he has been harder on Bibby than anyone else pretty much this whole season, until tonight.;)

Oh well the team sucks, people have a right to be pissed off, and express it however they want.

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
And he came back just to flame you; you should feel honored...

:: should probably stop trying to pick a fight ::
I came back to wallow in my now losing teams misery, noticed that comment about Bibby and couldnt help myself. The same as Barbosa...ignorance.
BTW- dont respond to his posts then I have to read them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.