Manu sure can fake it

The 3-shot foul in OT killed us last night. Yes, Bibby did foul him (he gently touched his shooting elbow), but did you see Manu react?! My God, he looked like a cat that had just been sprayed in the face with a garden hose... Seeing that, I question whether or not he overacted on the Artest elbow. I never thought someone could 'act' that quickly to an elbow in the face, but seeing last night, I think it's entirely possible.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm over it. Yes, Manu is a well known flopper and will overreact to any contact (we used to have one of those ourselves). But in the NBA half the players flop and exaggerate trying to draw fouls (which has me very much in favor of a hockey-style anti-flopping rule since it is basically cheating). But I'm less inclined to call the Artest forearm a flop, because Ron lined him up for it. Doubt he missed.

Last edited:
Bricklayer said:
And I'm less inclined to call the Artest forearm a flop, because Ron lined him up for it. Doubt he missed.
I'm not saying he missed, I just think he overacted. Even he admits afterwards that it didn't hurt at all, and the way he acted, it sure looks like it hurt. I'm also not criticizing Manu... it's part of the game. I'm just amazed how good he is at it.

regardless how i hate him as kings fans, the dude got some balls in his plays. i saw many times he got a hard fall going in for a layup, made his free throws, and do it all over again on the next posessions. not everyone can do that, especially after hitting the floor hard...

heck, i want everyone in our team to play like him... :D

Last edited:
If Manu became a King you'd be singing his praises to the skies. And if you don't believe it just look at Artest. A year ago mostKings fans thought he was an idiot a psycho or both.

striker said:
If Manu became a King you'd be singing his praises to the skies. And if you don't believe it just look at Artest. A year ago mostKings fans thought he was an idiot a psycho or both.
just like if bowen ever leaves, you guys will say he's a dirty player

kingsfannPDX said:
just like if bowen ever leaves, you guys will say he's a dirty player
Not me. Only Spurs I was ever delighted to see leave was Rodman because he sabotaged a playoff with his self serving attitude and actions. If Bowen leaves, plays for another team, I'll always respect his game.

striker said:
I have been in love with ron and his game for years.... :) he brings everything we need on this team... remember when we were offered ron and al harrington for peja and doug... i just get sick thinking of what that could have ment... Ron with webber... i wanna cry

OMG... what made me mad the most was when Manu gave that pass to Finley and pushed Bonzi to the ground! I'm glad Bonzi contained himself though coz i could just see the anger in his face.

N.U.F.A.N. said:
OMG... what made me mad the most was when Manu gave that pass to Finley and pushed Bonzi to the ground! I'm glad Bonzi contained himself though coz i could just see the anger in his face.
bonzi looked like a big puff ball ready to explode...
he was furious

Manu...

I think Manu Ginobili is one of the more decent (let alone talented) NBA players and whether he winces at a minor tap or not, it's no different than the "flopping" Vlade Divac became famous for. When Artest got suspended, Manu stated that he had not been hurt, in defense of Artest not being suspended. All-in-all, the performance by Martin, Wells and Abdur-Rahim was stellar in the second game and they nearly pulled it off between the three of them, with little or no help from Miller and Bibby. That the threesome did as well as they did minus Artest and against such an incredibly "deep" team is a testament to the potential of this Kings team. Now if they can just get the consistency thing down...

I made the comment last night that I would absolutely love Ginobili if he was on the Kings, but he's the kind of guy you just can't stand to play against...especially when he's on the friggin SPURS...they have skyrocketed to one of my most hated teams over the course of two playoff games.

Bruce Bowen, on the other hand, IMO, is one of the dirtiest, sneakiest, crybaby crap players in the league. I would scream if the Kings signed him.

N.U.F.A.N. said:
Right after that Bonzi went up to one of the refs (Baveta I think), gently took his hand, looked him in the eye and talked to him. It was a classy move. I think it made a difference in the quality of officiating the Kings got.

N.U.F.A.N. said:
I was screaming at the TV on that one.

Man I wish we could get Ginobili somehow.
~~

Actually there is a perfectly logical explanation why Ginobili stood up for Artest on the suspension issue...

Ron comes back for Game 3... would you want to be Ginobili in that situation after calling Artest dirty and supporting the suspension? :D

~~

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
striker said:
Not me. Only Spurs I was ever delighted to see leave was Rodman because he sabotaged a playoff with his self serving attitude and actions. If Bowen leaves, plays for another team, I'll always respect his game.
Until he slides his foot oh so innocently under Manu on a jumper and oopsie! puts him out for a month. Then you'll think he's a dirty dog.

Manu is by far the biggest flopper and actor in the NBA. He exaggerates EVERYTHING to the point of absurdity. Everyone who plays against him hates him. The slightest contact and he acts like he just took a shotgun blast to the face.

Last edited:
Bricklayer said:
Until he slides his foot oh so innocently under Manu on a jumper and oopsie! puts him out for a month. Then you'll think he's a dirty dog.
In ten year of NBA play how many of these player has this dastardly, evil Bowen put out for a month exactlY? Must be ten or twelve Kings alone, right.

I would venture a guess and say that Bibby is a bigger flop artist than Manu could ever dream of being. Every single time Bibby attempts to get through a pick he will flop. What I cannot figure out is whether or not he is trying to draw a foul or is simply too lazy to fight through the pick. Personally, I would rather Bibby bulldog his way through those picks. Come on Mike....put all that weight lifting you do in the summer to some use. The N.B.A. should adopt a rule similar to the N.H.L. and call a foul on flop artists.

Wheeler03 said:
The N.B.A. should adopt a rule similar to the N.H.L. and call a foul on flop artists.
I disagree on Bibby. Manu is far worse. But I'd love to see that! There would be nothing better in this world than seeing a guy flop and have a ref point at him and call a foul for flopping. That would put an end to it real fast, especially at the end of close games.