Malone fired

Bold statement. Forget what I said earlier about Vivek keeping his lips sealed for the win-win. Will Corbin seriously take this team to the playoffs knowing he'll be laid off anyway?
It may be the only condition under which he would stay on as coach.

It's also extraordinarily unlikely. Vivek has to know that.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I assume none of Peja jersey retirement at half-time will be shown (or almost none) on live ESPN broadcast. Gear up the radio to hear it all I guess on 1140 KHTK with G-Man (already announced) as master of ceremony.
The half-time festivities will be shown on kings.com/live

I'm pretty sure Vivek has calculated every step of this process. That includes all the rowdy uproar, upset fans, and national criticism. Ultimately, he sees the light at the end of the tunnel and believes his vision and results will speak for itself. Therefore, he has no need to address or respond to anyone. He'll just ride the storm until things play out. In the meantime, PDA will take on the brunt of the flak. Also, there is no such thing as bad publicity--publicity is a win-win. Look at all the celebrity scandals--doesn't matter how stupid it is, it gets attention and eventually leads to more profits (e.g. Britney Spears, Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, Miley Cyrus...). Look what is the #1 NBA story right now: Kings fire Malone. Yeah, EVERYONE has an opinion--all the social media and news outlets explode. Win for Vivek. Now everyone is going to tune in to see how it all unfolds: will we suck poopoo or will we actually make the next turn and become contenders? Vivek's a genius.
ya bad for real fans that want the team to win

Steph Curry went 1 for 10 from three point range. Live by the three, die by the three. Still true.
Well when you don't have Bogut or David Lee and your playing against two bruisers like Gasol and Randolph on the road......what else could GSW have done to try and win the game? I'll still take their roster any day.

Give the Warriors Andrew Bogut and that game would have had a much different tone. Granted Bogut gets hurt all the time but a healthy Bogut makes them a contender.

Vivek is a moron, "you know my friends mother once said to change when change isnt needed" lol wtf? What an idiot, wants to run a pro basketball team like two college kids trying to start a little startup. An embarassment to the franchise, deserves every jab thrown at him and his stupid decisions. I cringe every time he speaks, constantly quoting his tech buddies, speaking in metaphors and just making himself look like a jackass. Dont know who is worse between he or PDA and his nervous weasel laugh. This is what happens when two nerds that wish they could play any sort of sport all of a sudden take control of a team.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
If he doesn't stop talking, and quickly, NO coach is going to willingly walk into this deluded mess.

Hi, I want you to come and well, not coach us, be a jazz director man!...and winning doesn't matter unless you win with style, well, my style...and I may at any point decide to make a change even if one isn't called for..and by the way, I was doodling with this idea with my daughter's team...

I'm sure the next Pat Riley is lining up when he hears that stuff. It truly becomes the same issue you had with the Maloofs.