Malone fired

Peter Vecsey ‏@PeterVecsey1
In interview, Ranadive said Pete D & Mullin wanted Malone gone now as well as recommended Corbin as coach rest of year. Meaning it's on them
Awesome. Great strategy for a team that was OVERACHIEVING!

If there is no plan to replace him, why not let him finish the year and see how things go once Boogie returns.

our franchise is still a joke, Maloofs might be gone but it's the same old circus

Awesome. Great strategy for a team that was OVERACHIEVING!

If there is no plan to replace him, why not let him finish the year and see how things go once Boogie returns.

our franchise is still a joke, Maloofs might be gone but it's the same old circus
You might be in line for a name change.

Or do you still Vivek?

So if they really fired Malone with zero intent of replacing him this year, it's pure lunacy. You fire a coach who has a great relationship with the players and has the team playing well above expectations? And for what? To experiment for a while before you're ready for a new coach? no this is ****ing ridiculous. If you want a new coach next year fine, see how Malone does the rest of the year and if it's not great, then you replace him.

these guys are clueless. CLUELESS

WHY? I can't stand how frustrated I am at this, it's unbelievable. Do all billionaires have this kind of ego? I just don't get it. It was too good to be true.

Vivek interview

http://www.news10.net/videos/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/2014/12/16/20516349/

Something he apparently has no concept of is that whether or not he wants to switch the focus from defense to offense and move to a more passing oriented offense than an iso, you don't blow the whole thing up and go with Ty Corbin in the middle of our best start in years with Cuz returning that week! That's not helping us now. It's all about now without a replacement lined up. Otherwise, do this crap next summer, you know, so we can still give this season our best shot and all. After all, it was you, not anyone else, you, who came out and said you'd judge this year on wins/losses, not if you thought the offense was cool enough or not.

Vivek, there was no reason to "pivot" now. And btw the way, you can either pivot into a perfected lofted jumper, even a game winner, or you can pivot straight into a double team or even into a defender swating the **** out of your shot. Guess which you're closer to right now.

You want a "read and react" offense? How about you "read and react" to your fanbase?

Last edited:
That's pretty much what Westphal said when he was here.
please not the dreaded read and react offense, we saw that with westy and smart. We simply dont have the players with the skills or BB IQ to let players roam free. In fact its rare for teams to let players outside of the superstars to improvise at their own discretion.

These players needed a hierarchy and Malone provided that. He kept plays simple on purpose at the start and we saw him adding wrinkles with success as time has gone on. I wish he had time to finish what he started.

I think all the players are doing their best to act like consummate pros, but it seems obvious to be that none of them like this move. I can't imagine how they feel. I'm so pissed off as a fan, but it's gotta feel a great deal worse when the guy you bought into and played your butt off for, is canned like this.

I think all the players are doing their best to act like consummate pros, but it seems obvious to be that none of them like this move. I can't imagine how they feel. I'm so pissed off as a fan, but it's gotta feel a great deal worse when the guy you bought into and played your butt off for, is canned like this.
Absolutely, they've got to feel like they have been played for fools. I never even entertained the idea of something like this happening without Boogie signing off on it first.

If you follow his logic from the News10 interview, Viveck thinks that taking Rudy Gay out of a structured offense and giving him a substitute teacher for a coach will improve our offense and reduce the isolation plays.

Keep talking buddy! Let the fans know what you think. It's helping (get rid of you sometime before 2021)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Absolutely, they've got to feel like they have been played for fools. I never even entertained the idea of something like this happening without Boogie signing off on it first.
Yeah, um...most likely not.

It's a business. They know it much better than we do.

I'm gonna be blunt. Maybe if the players were so devoted to Malone they could have shown it by not losing all those games we could have/should have won, even with Cousins on the bench. If they were so devoted to Malone maybe they could have shown it by putting forth effort every single time they stepped on the court.

The first time I ever heard the old adage "Players win, coaches lose" was from a player. I think the idea that "none of them like this move' is totally unsubstantiated. I'd almost be willing to bet they know more about why Malone was actually fired than we'll ever hear.

Bottom line is it's done. He's history. The players will not be looking back mourning his loss. They're going to be looking forward, knowing that they need to adopt "the coach is dead, long live the coach" mentality, quit messing around and get back to playing like they mean it.

If the players everyone is so worried about had done their jobs adequately, Malone would still be sitting on the bench.

I'm gonna be blunt. Maybe if the players were so devoted to Malone they could have shown it by not losing all those games we could have/should have won, even with Cousins on the bench. If they were so devoted to Malone maybe they could have shown it by putting forth effort every single time they stepped on the court.

The first time I ever heard the old adage "Players win, coaches lose" was from a player. I think the idea that "none of them like this move' is totally unsubstantiated. I'd almost be willing to bet they know more about why Malone was actually fired than we'll ever hear.

Bottom line is it's done. He's history. The players will not be looking back mourning his loss. They're going to be looking forward, knowing that they need to adopt "the coach is dead, long live the coach" mentality, quit messing around and get back to playing like they mean it.

If the players everyone is so worried about had done their jobs adequately, Malone would still be sitting on the bench.
This is not true. PDA said wins and losses didn't matter it was style. If Malone had the team at 16-9 or whatever, he still would have gotten canned.

Well, Boogie already said, he shouldn't have gotten sick. That said, if Cousins doesn't check out, and Corbin continues the course with the starters, while being a bit more flexible with reserves, maybe there's something good down the line. Problem is, it's not clear, whether new coach will be allowed to. Plus all the personnel rumors...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This is not true. PDA said wins and losses didn't matter it was style. If Malone had the team at 16-9 or whatever, he still would have gotten canned.
The losses made it easier for PDA to pull the trigger. I seriously doubt he would have been able to do it if the team had continued on their early pace.

You could be right, though. My last sentence was more personal opinion that anything else. I'm just frustrated with people who are so worried about how the players are taking this. If they had been winning, I'd be a lot more concerned about their feelings.