Low key free agents to keep your eyes on

Would be an experienced vet to help with the culture, and definitely a defensive boost, but didn't OKC bench him because he was no longer providing the first essential "3-and-D" skill?
Not really. It looked like he wasn't providing enough offensive push that they were needing in their matchups, so they started playing Jackson more.

Sefalosha is a very consistent player, for what he brings

Would be an experienced vet to help with the culture, and definitely a defensive boost, but didn't OKC bench him because he was no longer providing the first essential "3-and-D" skill?
Yes they did but he did have to deal with injuries right before the playoffs and that could have effected him to some degree. he's only 30 he should have a few more years of elite defense left in him.

That was the point. Can he still bring the "3" in "3 and d" when he shot .316 from the three this season, and .261 in the playoffs?
It looked they wanted/needed an extra player in Jackson, to break down the defense....not just shoot 3's.

Sefalosha's shot is the same....doesn't have a "broken stroke". Just went through a bit of a cold spell. He's the same player he's always been

K

KingMilz

It looked they wanted/needed an extra player in Jackson, to break down the defense....not just shoot 3's.

Sefalosha's shot is the same....doesn't have a "broken stroke". Just went through a bit of a cold spell. He's the same player he's always been
Thabo was worse than John Salmons this season

I fully expect Ben to be getting 15 pts a game next year shooting 40+ and 30+ %. This kid is gonna get better and better. By 15-16 season he will be huge factor. I'm not sold on having to replace him.
I was just talking with a friend about this tonight who asked me what I thought his season would be like next year. I said it completely depended on the months of draft/FA before the season. If we dedicate our resources to our other needs (PF, Defensive PG, SF) then Ben could really flourish given minutes and confidence. If we draft an Anthony Morrow (not opposed AT ALL to the idea) then he's relegated to the eternal sadness that is the Kings Potential Players we didn't give a chance. I'm inclined to think he's going to have a good season starting or supporting. How much improvement is likely determined by confidence of the team in PT.

We were in the mix for Oden in het beginning of the season. Obviously it hasn't worked out (yet?) in Miami and he'll be an unrestricted FA after the season. I wouldn't be surprised if Pete brought him in, if he leaves Miami. He's had his moments this year and proved that he's still able to block and alter shots and also rebound the basketball. Although I think he won't be a 20+ minutes contributor anymore, he could be a solid backup for Cuz. Won't hurt to bring him in to take a look at him.
what's the minimum we can pay him?

Because he wasn't providing it in the short term and they were running a dumb amount of isos through their 2 star players

Send Thompson and Acy over to the Thunder for Thabeet and Sefalosha.

Easy swap, gets rid of players we don't want (Well, I liked Acy).

Other than the obvious role for Sefalosha, gives us a genuine backup Center (And let's hope his defence is solid) and gives them Thompson who could make an impact as either a starting C while Adams develops, or PF backing up Ibaka.

Send Thompson and Acy over to the Thunder for Thabeet and Sefalosha.

Easy swap, gets rid of players we don't want (Well, I liked Acy).

Other than the obvious role for Sefalosha, gives us a genuine backup Center (And let's hope his defence is solid) and gives them Thompson who could make an impact as either a starting C while Adams develops, or PF backing up Ibaka.
Thabo's a free agent plus the contracts don't work.

K

KingMilz

For those saying Thabo did anyone actually watch him this season and in the playoffs?? It was literally like watching John Salmons in the last few seasons with even less offensive game. Thabo has maxed out and is on the decline it's not like say Shumpert where he can still improve Thabo is only going downhill from here.