KingsFans.com Mock Draft 2017 - Sign-Ups

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
#1 pick is on the block

Should we do trade negotiations publicly or privately?
That's a good question. I don't want to do trade negotiations in the main draft thread (not yet up, of course). But if we would rather do them publicly than privately, perhaps we could re-purpose this thread. Does anybody have strong feelings about that?

I think saying that my pick is available on the trading block is fine publicly in this thread and other things that you want to reach more than a couple of people. The negotiations I think should be done privately. Would be more realistic and fun IMO.I would update one of the first posts with current results so people don't have to go through the whole thread to find who's picked who.

I'm in the Midwest (Central time) but I'm fine with the bedtime rule.

Thanks Capt. I'll set my "bedtime" to 14:30 Pacific time (I think that's right - 22:30 my time).

There is an issue I'm having, not sure if I'm the only one. This website is barely functional when logged in. It regularly takes me back to the front page of the website when I try to open a thread. It also often gives me error messages when I try to post. It used to be like this even when I wasn't logged in for the past 6 months or so, but now the site seems to be fine when I'm not logged in. I don't know if this will affect my posting but I hope not. This happens regardless of what browser I use.

And I reached a limit on post size. In the meantime, if you want your "bedtime" - that time every day when your clock switches from 8 to 15 hours, which should presumably be BEFORE your last planned check of the draft board for the night - if you want that time to be anything other than the default of 10 PM Pacific time, please let me know what time, and translate it to Pacific if at all possible.

DD, King in England...anybody else not in California...I'm talking to you!

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
I think saying that my pick is available on the trading block is fine publicly in this thread and other things that you want to reach more than a couple of people. The negotiations I think should be done privately. Would be more realistic and fun IMO.
Seems reasonable.

I would update one of the first posts with current results so people don't have to go through the whole thread to find who's picked who.
I will do that in the "real" draft thread, once that thread is up and running.

I'm in the Midwest (Central time) but I'm fine with the bedtime rule.
Thanks!

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Thanks Capt. I'll set my "bedtime" to 14:30 Pacific time (I think that's right - 22:30 my time).
Noted - that appears correct on a quick Google.

There is an issue I'm having, not sure if I'm the only one. This website is barely functional when logged in. It regularly takes me back to the front page of the website when I try to open a thread. It also often gives me error messages when I try to post. It used to be like this even when I wasn't logged in for the past 6 months or so, but now the site seems to be fine when I'm not logged in. I don't know if this will affect my posting but I hope not. This happens regardless of what browser I use.
That's a new one to me, but I've been having my own issues from time to time. If you have trouble posting, but can PM, you can always PM me the pick. If PMs end up giving you trouble, too, I will find a way to get my email address to you.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
I'm in.

Any team will suffice.
You came in a bit late since the assignments were already made, but I am willing to give the Nuggets over to you since I am going to be pretty busy running this anyway. :)

From here on out anybody else who hopes to come in late will have to wheedle a team out of somebody who was already assigned two or who has changed their mind about participating - it wouldn't be fair for me to take away anybody else's assignments once they've been given.

Thanks Capt for assigning the teams.

I will set my bed time to Noon in Pacific time.

That's a good question. I don't want to do trade negotiations in the main draft thread (not yet up, of course). But if we would rather do them publicly than privately, perhaps we could re-purpose this thread. Does anybody have strong feelings about that?
I like the idea of using this thread as a place where you can place rumours about your team like "Team X wants to let everyone know it is very interested in trading down". However I agree that negotiations should be done through PM.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
what are you guys talking about setting bed times?
Check this post: KingsFans.com Mock Draft 2017 - Sign-Ups

The short answer is that the "overnight" clock is longer than the regular 8-hour clock. But since we have people in Europe etc., everybody is allowed to individually set when their overnight clock starts.

As I'm sure you're aware, the draft hasn't started yet. I still have some work to do and I want people to have a chance to set when that overnight clock starts. May not start for another 24 hours or so. But I will let you know when you are on the clock to start!

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Quick question.

If you are assigned to two different teams, are you allowed to trade between them?

I'm not actually planning to myself, just curious...
No, that would kind of be cheating. Not that it really matters, I mean this is just a mock. If you see an opportunity you really really like between the Mavs and the Spurs, I'll negotiate for the Spurs.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
I have EET time zone, it's 8AM in my time when it's 10 PM pacific for yall, so then i'm at work. And can't get to any mobile device at that time.
OK, well if you want to have your transition from the 8-hour clock to the 15-hour clock happen while you're at work rather than overnight for you, that's fine too. Just let me know when you want that transition to be.

Just in case someone comes in before the draft starts and wants a team, I am willing to part with the Clippers who currently have no picks.

Don't get me wrong I'm certainly willing to work with them but I want everyone who wants to participate to be able to participate.