[Game] Kings @ Wolves, 11/17/21 5pm Pacific 8pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Thibs. Who has come up shorter than short when it mattered. Upgrade? Yes? But, shorter than short.
Right. And Thibs gets his players to buy in on defense with a siege mentality, plays his core guys wayyyyy too many minutes so that they breakdown when things actually matter, and then inevitably wears out his welcome by being a defense first a-hole. Not saying he's as bad as Walton but the Knicks method has its own major problems.

Right. And Thibs gets his players to buy in on defense with a siege mentality, plays his core guys wayyyyy too many minutes so that they breakdown when things actually matter, and then inevitably wears out his welcome by being a defense first a-hole. Not saying he's as bad as Walton but the Knicks method has its own major problems.
Yep, this is legit the guy that might have literally destroyed both Rose and Noah physically. I personally don't buy it, but I can understand the argument for those who do.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I get what the "Trade Fox for Simmons" crowd is saying but what about this season has convinced you that Tyrese and Simmons would somehow be able to lead a functional offense in crunch time?

If we make a Simmons trade, it'd probably have to include Tyrese going to Philly and end with Fox, Buddy, and Simmons on the same team if only because those guys cover up a lot of the other's shortcomings.

Trading your best iso scorer to the other team for a guy who is pretty much giant Tyrese without a jumpshot on offense just makes things even harder than they are now.

I get what the "Trade Fox for Simmons" crowd is saying but what about this season has convinced you that Tyrese and Simmons would somehow be able to lead a functional offense in crunch time?

If we make a Simmons trade, it'd probably have to include Tyrese going to Philly and end with Fox, Buddy, and Simmons on the same team if only because those guys cover up a lot of the other's shortcomings.

Trading your best iso scorer to the other team for a guy who is pretty much giant Tyrese without a jumpshot on offense just makes things even harder than they are now.
And Monte might have blown his chance with Haliburton assuming that was ever a possibility. If he really wanted Simmons and Haliburton was the price tag he needed to take it and run. Tyrese isn't a superstar level prospect. He never was. He can be a great piece to a winning team. And perhaps, more valuable than someone who can get you 20 a game in the right scenario, but Monte can't get too high on players that were available not simply because one third to half of the league is stupid.

Something needs to change. You can't just keep doing this same thing over and over again...and expect a different result. It's not happening.

For me the first change is try a different coach. The team won't be worse with a different coach, but it might be better
They need another Barnes-esque forward first and foremost. Harkless isn't good but he's their best option, Metu probably has some utility as a stretch 4 but doesn't fit with this group, and Bagley's a lost cause.

Luke coached these last 3 games in pure desperation. Harkless goes from starter to not playing, Metu goes from not playing to starter and then Bagley gets random minutes for some reason, and shockingly, he looks awful and is pressing.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there's a report that comes out that Bagley hurt himself on that one play this game

Something needs to change. You can't just keep doing this same thing over and over again...and expect a different result. It's not happening.

For me the first change is try a different coach. The team won't be worse with a different coach, but it might be better
And if it's worse? Good, bring on that top 5 pick. No thanks to hoping someone falls again. 3 years in a row ain't likely and as seen, you might endlessly stack at a single position which does nobody any good and kills value. Especially when your coach decides playing small was the problem all along and your top pick watches his minutes/role crumble, lol.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Lol at guys still venting at Fox’s defense while Haliburton and Holmes get a pass.
Ive said my piece on Holmes over the seasons. He’s a solid switch defender, but an awful paint defender. I don’t care about his weakside blocks, no one is afraid to drive with him as the goalkeeper. And yes, Hali’s D has also been shockingly bad this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.