[Game] Kings @ Wizards, 2/12/2022, 4pm Pacific 7pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seemed to do alright with each other last year. There's really no obvious answer IMO. I just hope it wasn't Fox sulking because he thought Hali was stealing the spotlight. I'd want my star player to be mentally tougher than that.
My money is on that he didn't like being shopped around the league, thought he was getting traded, checked out,....then immediately checked back in once the deal was done. That's what I witnessed with my eyes

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Yeah, that's my point. For better or worse, there's no more deferring for Fox.
But he also doesn't have to be lead dog. That's always been the knock on him before he got paid at least, that it was "his" team but he was never the leader. It's Sabonis's team and I am fine with that.

Washington cleared the bench with 1:10 on the clock! Rarely see that!

Sabonis brings so much attention getting everybody much more space

This team doesn’t suck anymore

The Wizards stink, so this is less “Maybe we’re good” and more “WE DONT SUCK ANYMORE!”

But that’s a good direction to be moving! Lets goooooooooo
Their record is better than I thought. They'd be 10th in the west.

They kinda look like garbage on paper but I was impressed with them today. Lots of driving and kicking. They play as a team and thankfully our team seems to as well now.

The Wizards stink, so this is less “Maybe we’re good” and more “WE DONT SUCK ANYMORE!”

But that’s a good direction to be moving! Lets goooooooooo
We just watched a trio of Fox, Barnes, and Sabonis peronally hurt feelings and bodies at various points. This might be something that sticks to the ribs moving on. Kind of similar to the last Kings team that made the playoffs TBH.

This would of been a loss before the trades. Our defense has the potential to be quite good with Holiday, Mitchell, DDV, Harkness, and Barnes. All elite to solid defenders. If we can get ourselves one PF that can stretch the floor, defend, and a bonus if he has a good basketball IQ, we might have a very good team.

Holiday’s defense is really, really good
He'll continue to start over Mitchell and should. Davion simply too small (better as 6th man) getting intimidated going to the rim at NBA level, failing to convert too often. That is not the same with Holiday who has both offense inside out game and the length to make plays on defensive end just as good as Mitchell, arguably better deflections, rebounds, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.