[Game] Kings @ Wizards - 1/28/13

lol. The IT bashing around here is actually funny. Reminiscent of some of the Bobby Jackson bashing that a few used to do when they called him a ball hog and accused him of having a hero complex. Funny how nobody seems to remember those criticisms.
What did BJax do to be mentioned in the same sentence as IT?:cool:

But as far as the hero complex argument goes, the criticism is usually directly related to the natural talent, impact and upside a player has. Omri had a bit of a hero complex, and it should have been pointed out because he simply wasn't or isn't that good. While IT is better than Omri, he's no BJax, or Jamal Crawford, or Jason Terry(pre-Boston), who should have a hero complex given the level they reached as players.

IT isn't good enough to generally play hero ball and have it be a good thing. Many recent games we've suffered as a team as he dances with the ball and jacks shots and keeps everyone else out of a rhythm. The last shot fell tonight, so good for him. But I wouldn't have him looking off others and going 1v1 as a strategy going forward.

And not learning from mistakes and banking on gimmicky success is part of why we're 17-29. I personally feel having an intelligent strategy, game in game out with defined roles and players taking the right shots is more important going forward than barely beating arguably the worst team in the East, especially on a young team who needs to learn to play the right way.

But we won, hopefully it gives us a lift. We'll need it this week.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

But as far as the hero complex argument goes, the criticism is usually directly related to the natural talent, impact and upside a player has. Omri had a bit of a hero complex, and it should have been pointed out because he simply wasn't or isn't that good. While IT is better than Omri, he's no BJax, or Jamal Crawford, or Jason Terry(pre-Boston), who should have a hero complex given the level they reached as players.

IT isn't good enough to generally play hero ball and have it be a good thing. Many recent games we've suffered as a team as he dances with the ball and jacks shots and keeps everyone else out of a rhythm. The last shot fell tonight, so good for him. But I wouldn't have him looking off others and going 1v1 as a strategy going forward.

And not learning from mistakes and banking on gimmicky success is part of why we're 17-29. I personally feel having an intelligent strategy, game in game out with defined roles and players taking the right shots is more important going forward than barely beating arguably the worst team in the East, especially on a young team who needs to learn to play the right way.

But we don't have those things now, do we? And because we don't, it just seems bizarre to me that people will find a way to downplay a win just because of who happened to take the final shot. Makes zero sense.

But whatever. I just don't have the heart to argue things like this any more. I'll back out and the rest of you can carry on.

You're all overthinking this. We literally have no idea what or where our team will be next season. For all we know, new owners/Coach/Gm are all highly possibly and will make serious changes to the roster. That is if the team is even in Sacto next year.

The sad reality is we're in a lame duck year until all our off-court issues are solved. It doesn't make sense to worry about next year when so much of the organization will be different

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Are people really upset about a game winner, I repeat WINNER.

Ok, fair enough.
I think more and more people are starting to see that most of the wins are painted with fool's gold, as opposed to something that feels like a true victory, where there was a plan that was followed, roles that were appropriately played, etc. The problem is, however, that we all know we're stuck in this purgatory until some change comes, but it ain't comin' this year.

That means:
- every player will get their minutes jacked around
- every player will continue to play hero ball, deserved or not (likely because of minutes/scheme)
- the real talents on this team will not get to develop
- the team will continue to be inconsistently inconsistent

That said, the complaining won't really help much because the person currently able to fix most of this is not going to. Especially knowing that he won't be employed once the Maloofs are out. It's a train-wreck, and it will continue to be so. Personally, I know the long term success of the current iteration of this team depends on Evans and Cousins. They are the ones that need to be developed. They are the ones who need an offense tailored to their skill set since they are absolutely complementary pieces. Evans has made the growth that so many were clamoring for. Cousins has shown what he is capable of.

I also know it isn't going to happen this year, due to scheme and general bumfuzzlery by the coach. I've written this year off, and while I'll complain from time to time, I know the leopard cannot change his spots.

We won? Awesome. Enjoy it.

I won't read into it too much though, just like a 20 point win or a 20 point loss won't tell me anything about this team this year.

I mean i would get it if IT missed, Jimmer was open and MT clearly wanted to go one on one. But coach smart asked IT to "get into the lane" and "make a play" in his post match conference so.... can't really complain because he got into the lane and uh, made a play, and we won.

And yeah i understand all the inter team politics and blah blah blah but honestly with the off court situation the way it is i just don't see the point of debating it anymore, it is what it is. This is the team and coach until they either move, or there's new owners, so I'm just gonna enjoy every game, enjoy every win we eek out. I couldn't care less if it's outlaw, tyreke or salmons who ices the game.

Last edited: