[Game] Kings @ Wizards - 1/28/13

Yup I know how you feel. Reke was calling for it too. I'll take any win right now, but I still hate how IT is taking all the shots. If this were a different team, then we would of loss. Your main stars Reke/DMC should be getting at least 20 shots a game. Reke rarely shoots 20 shots a game
This is how I feel. It is nice to win but you hope it will come from good basketball, where your best players are building something sustainable for the future. Having Cousins seated on the bench with JT while Garcia and IT are your high scorers doesn't exactly scream that you have something great brewing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I cannot believe the way some of you find ways to suck the joy out of a win. IT got the job done. It doesn't matter who was open at the time. HE GOT THE BASKET. if he hadn't, then perhaps you'd have some wiggle room for criticism but HE GOT THE BASKET and WE WON!

Way too much nit-picking and second guessing, IMHO, that used to be reserved for losses. I'm gonna just savor the idea we won on the road and leave it at that.

check out Jimmer, the most open he's ever been. yes we won and yes it was fun. but if we played anyone but the washington Wizards it would have been a loss. his hero mentality hurts a lot more than it helps, thus the reason hes receiving criticism

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
check out Jimmer, the most open he's ever been. yes we won and yes it was fun. but if we played anyone but the washington Wizards it would have been a loss. his hero mentality hurts a lot more than it helps

And he might have missed the wide open shot. I honestly cannot understand the logic of wishing someone else had taken THE WINNING SHOT. WE WON. IT WAS FUN. Since we were playing the Washington Wizards and WE WON, there is absolutely no worth to the "if it had been any other team we would have lost" commentary. It wasn't any other team. It was the Wizards and WE WON.

I cannot believe the way some of you find ways to suck the joy out of a win. IT got the job done. It doesn't matter who was open at the time. HE GOT THE BASKET. if he hadn't, then perhaps you'd have some wiggle room for criticism but HE GOT THE BASKET and WE WON!

Way too much nit-picking and second guessing, IMHO, that used to be reserved for losses. I'm gonna just savor the idea we won on the road and leave it at that.
If you are short sighted, sure, it doesn't matter who was open.

And he might have missed the wide open shot. I honestly cannot understand the logic of wishing someone else had taken THE WINNING SHOT. WE WON. IT WAS FUN. Since we were playing the Washington Wizards and WE WON, there is absolutely no worth to the "if it had been any other team we would have lost" commentary. It wasn't any other team. It was the Wizards and WE WON.
the fact of if that particular shot went in or not was not the issue, its the issue that this is how he plays every game, hes a shoot first PG. yes they won tonight, but its not good for the overall success of this team

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
lol. The IT bashing around here is actually funny. Reminiscent of some of the Bobby Jackson bashing that a few used to do when they called him a ball hog and accused him of having a hero complex. Funny how nobody seems to remember those criticisms.

The win is still a win whether I'm short-sighted or not. And remember, you're debating the relative value of a platoon of point guards that most likely wouldn't see much playing time if we had a legitimate starting five. Feel free to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic. I'm just going to celebrate that the ship didn't sink ... tonight.

Yup I know how you feel. Reke was calling for it too. I'll take any win right now, but I still hate how IT is taking all the shots. If this were a different team, then we would of loss. Your main stars Reke/DMC should be getting at least 20 shots a game. Reke rarely shoots 20 shots a game
reke's season high in shots is a whopping 17. He needs more shots and more minutes.

What long-term does this team have? Either we're in Seattle next year with a new everything or staying in Sacramento with new owners and likely a new coach and GM. If we do stay in Sac, no one here knows who's staying or going on the team either.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
the fact of if that particular shot went in or not was not the issue, its the issue that this is how he plays every game, hes a shoot first PG. yes they won tonight, but its not good for the overall success of this team
Isaiah Thomas is not going to be the starting point guard on a playoff-caliber team. Arguing about whether or not he should have taken that shot and his style of play is ludicrous. If we get a new owner and start to improve the roster, IT is not gonna hold down the starting slot. I guarantee it. The overall success of this team will ride on the shoulders of DFC, Evans and perhaps TRob - NOT Isaiah Thomas or Aaron Brooks or Jimmer Fredette.

But whatever...You guys feel free to continue to debate the little things. Have a good evening.

Isaiah Thomas is not going to be the starting point guard on a playoff-caliber team. Arguing about whether or not he should have taken that shot and his style of play is ludicrous. If we get a new owner and start to improve the roster, IT is not gonna hold down the starting slot. I guarantee it. The overall success of this team will ride on the shoulders of DFC, Evans and perhaps TRob - NOT Isaiah Thomas or Aaron Brooks or Jimmer Fredette.

But whatever...You guys feel free to continue to debate the little things. Have a good evening.
well it sounds like were actually on the same exact page lol, so i apologize.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm not prepared to say that Robinson is better than Thompson at everything. And going against reserves is a different proposition than going against starters, especially at 6'8.5". or whatever his true height is (6'10"? Yeah, right). But, Thompson seems like he's a week or two away from getting Wally Pipped.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm not prepared to say that Robinson is better than Thompson at everything. And going against reserves is a different proposition than going against starters, especially at 6'8.5". or whatever his true height is (6'10"? Yeah, right). But, Thompson seems like he's a week or two away from getting Wally Pipped.
Nice reference. ;) (Wonder how many people have to Google it?)

lol. The IT bashing around here is actually funny. Reminiscent of some of the Bobby Jackson bashing that a few used to do when they called him a ball hog and accused him of having a hero complex. Funny how nobody seems to remember those criticisms.

The win is still a win whether I'm short-sighted or not. And remember, you're debating the relative value of a platoon of point guards that most likely wouldn't see much playing time if we had a legitimate starting five. Feel free to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic. I'm just going to celebrate that the ship didn't sink ... tonight.
Comparing Bobby to IT is a terrible comparison for reason I am sure you can think up. And my comments do not point to my debating anything regarding what point guard we use. And yes, the win is a still a win which is why myself and others say it is nice to win. Maybe to you talking about how the team played in a way far from ideal is sucking the joy out of the win, but to many it is just talking about basketball. It is possible to talk about deficiencies while also celebrating.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I had a longer version of the same argument but that's for another day. Will the team work hard off the ball if they figure they won't get the ball. Is this type of PG play leading to iso play by the rest of the team? I'll leave this up to Smart to correct and IT is very young after all.