[Game] Kings @ Wizards - 1/28/13

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I would give Cuz and Evans 35 minutes or more and figure out what to so with the rest of the team based off of that. It would mean breaking up his unit approach.

I would give Cuz and Evans 35 minutes or more and figure out what to so with the rest of the team based off of that.
I enjoy when Cuz and Evans get 35 minutes. I do not enjoy that it normally comes with 12 minutes in the first and 24 minutes in the second half...

I would give Cuz and Evans 35 minutes or more and figure out what to so with the rest of the team based off of that. It would mean breaking up his unit approach.
This season is half over, not going to happen. But we can keep making fun of it for entertainments sake. I always try to guess his sub pattern, and I am always wrong. It's fun!

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I enjoy when Cuz and Evans get 35 minutes. I do not enjoy that it normally comes with 12 minutes in the first and 24 minutes in the second half...
Yes, I agree and I sure didn't mean this. He will play both 20 minutes in the 2nd half. I meant something a little more sane. :)

Glenn

Hall of Famer
OK, now, if you want to win, and I say IF, you play a lot of minutes to anyone who happens to be hot and unless there is some very unusual circumstance, you give a lot of minutes to your big studs because they can break loose at anytime,

Now what do you do when your #1 stud scores 10 points on 4-7 shooting in the first quarter? 4-7 is statistically almost off the chart for this particular shooter. ALMOST. I think you can merge both principles and play him A LOT more than usual. So what happens? Nothing which either means Smart doesn't agree with my reasoning or he is unaware of how this guy is playing.

Edit: the truth may be that Smart knows no other way of coaching than using unit ball. Any change from that leads to a horrible headache from the dissonance it leads to.

Last edited:
OK, now, if you want to win, and I say IF, you play a lot of minutes to anyone who happens to be hot and unless there is some very unusual circumstance, you give a lot of minutes to your big studs because they can break loose at anytime,

Now what do you do when your #1 stud scores 10 points on 4-7 shooting in the first quarter? 4-7 is statistically almost off the chart for this particular shooter. ALMOST. I think you can merge both principles and play him A LOT more than usual. So what happens? Nothing which either means Smart doesn't agree with my reasoning or he is unaware of how this guy is playing.
He received 17 mins in the first half, for the whole game that is 34.. which is close to your request for 35+