Kings Will Listen To Trade Offers For Tyreke Evans

The Kings will evaluate trade proposals for Tyreke Evans this summer, according to a report.

Evans has spent heavy minutes at small forward and has struggled to adjust to playing off the ball.

"I don't think it's any big secret," Princeton legend and longtime Kings consultant Pete Carril said. "Tyreke's got to learn to play without the ball. It's all there. I see some games, and he looks very good. Other games … he just has to work harder. I'd love to see him develop a mid-range game."

Evans, who is shooting 44.2 percent from the floor, recently voiced his concerns over the way the Kings have handled his this season.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/04/22/4432957/ailene-voisin-kings-evans-reach.html#mi_rss=Kings/NBA

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/220627/Kings_Will_Listen_To_Trade_Offers_For_Tyreke_Evans

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Note this is Voison.

And so that means, what report? "According to a report", but the report is never mentioned?

It of course makes sense, and maybe even moreso after the meeting yesterday, but I don't trust Voison as far as I could throw her when she comes up wiht a "report".

Bricklayer

Sam Amick

Also In Sacramento Kings
As @mr_jasonjones noted, Tyreke Evans' agent, Arn Tellem, made a rare appearance tonight to express his concerns about the former Rookie of the Year's role. He met with Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie, Evans' brother, Reggie, and another Tellem rep as well. Source close to Evans says he's frustrated with how marginalized he's become. Evans' reps are encouraging him to be more vocal about his perspective going forward. No extension discussions (he's eligible this summer), FWIW.

I highlighted the part of that that is interesting and somethign we have not heard before. And you know what? I agree with that. Its become very clear this organization is run by Moe, Larry and Curly, and you can't trust them to get it without a considerable amount of prodding.

Should note however that's STILL not a report that says we're listening to trade offers.

Last edited:
Part of me wants Reke to get traded so he can go off and drop 50/10/10 against us for the next 15 years.

I don't think I've ever seen a All-Star caliber player be hampered by ****ty coaching as much as Reke has. If he does get up being traded, it better be for someone good and not a bunch of random pieces or picks. Otherwise, I may have to evaluate how much longer I can put time, effort, and energy into this franchise this summer.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Ya, exactly.

But like you said, it does make sense. With the team we have now Tyreke is not flourishing like he should.

John Wall please?!
Hmmm! Are you sure you want Wall? Biggest knock on Tyreke is his lack of a 3pt shot. Lets see how Wall is doing in that dept. Hmmm! He took 41 attempts this season and made 3, for a blistering 7.3% average. Suddenly Tyreke looks like a great shooter with his 29% shooting. Wall is averaging close to 8 assists a game against close to 4 turnovers a game. And thats on a bad team. I'm one of those that believes its harder to get assists on a bad team than a good team. Logical, don't you think? They should have a stat called SHB, or Should have Been an assist. But thats probably too subjective on the scorers part.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This offseason will be busy. Petrie will be more receptive to phone calls, will be pressured to make moves. But as one NBA scout told me the other day, Evans' position is ill-defined, but he is a talent, a player. The Kings don't have enough of those. Tread (and trade) cautiously.
This is arguably one of the best statements I've ever seen Voisin make. A lot of fans are suffering from "the grass is greener" syndrome, and they need to be very careful what they wish for.

Bricklayer

Ya, exactly.

But like you said, it does make sense. With the team we have now Tyreke is not flourishing like he should.

John Wall please?!
Can't take John Wall. If we lose Tyreke Evans its as a direct result of pandering to the Hustlin' Husky! Maybe we could bring Wall off the bench or something. Or play him at SF.

If we screw up the gift of drafting this elite talent and solid character guy, so help me. Has there been a more difficult franchise to be a fan of the last few years? Owners, coach, and GM are all outliers in the league...and not the good kind.

This would be a disaster, one we've created and seen coming for a while, but a disaster none the less. YOu would be trading a guy while his value is low even though he's shown to be a true game changing rare talent. There's zero chance you get such a talent back.

Beyond that, the formula for winning a title has generally been have two game changing talents, surround with solid roleplayers and good coaching, and deal with personality clashes. We're finding a way to elevate our role players at the expense of our true talent, and if you lose one you may never get a second to pair with Counsins again which means he'll most likely leave (the best hope of keeping huge talents in Sacramento has alway been winning, if the Kings hadn't been one of the best teams in the league Webber leaves in free agency)

Essentially we're tetering on the precipace of having to restart the rebuild due to extreme mismanagement (on all levels, GM/Owners/Coaching). Barring a new coach, a new focus on the Evans/Counsins pairing at the expense of anyone else it takes, we're going to have to restart this rebuild in a couple years when Cousins and Tyreke are gone.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Part of me wants Reke to get traded so he can go off and drop 50/10/10 against us for the next 15 years.

I don't think I've ever seen a All-Star caliber player be hampered by ****ty coaching as much as Reke has. If he does get up being traded, it better be for someone good and not a bunch of random pieces or picks. Otherwise, I may have to evaluate how much longer I can put time, effort, and energy into this franchise this summer.
I posted a similar note but just want to double down on the sentiment.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Hmmm! Are you sure you want Wall? Biggest knock on Tyreke is his lack of a 3pt shot. Lets see how Wall is doing in that dept. Hmmm! He took 41 attempts this season and made 3, for a blistering 7.3% average. Suddenly Tyreke looks like a great shooter with his 29% shooting. Wall is averaging close to 8 assists a game against close to 4 turnovers a game. And thats on a bad team. I'm one of those that believes its harder to get assists on a bad team than a good team. Logical, don't you think? They should have a stat called SHB, or Should have Been an assist. But thats probably too subjective on the scorers part.
Let's not get picky. Let's involve in trade talks with anyone who thinks they can make use of Tyreke who also has a player we can use. The specifics aren't important.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
This would be a disaster, one we've created and seen coming for a while, but a disaster none the less. YOu would be trading a guy while his value is low even though he's shown to be a true game changing rare talent. There's zero chance you get such a talent back.
I don't agree with this at all and if we can't get equal value, don't trade. No one is holding a gun to our heads. We trade for a franchise player and if not, keep Tyreke, continue to blunder in our use to him, and pray we geta coach that can use him. Otherwise, I guess we just lose him several years down the road.

What people who are anti-Reke don't seem to see is right before their eyes. He is being misused, he is playing SF and is a short SF at that yet is still putting up decent points and getting decent rbds and assists. That takes skill.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Not a surprise. It's been in the cards for weeks now. A jump shot is the only reprieve.

I agree with the sentiment about not trading low.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Let's not get picky. Let's involve in trade talks with anyone who thinks they can make use of Tyreke who also has a player we can use. The specifics aren't important.
Really! Its the specifics that decide whether we can use a player or not. Specifics are who a player is! Hell, just Tyreke for anyone then, if specifics don't matter. I have to assume you made the comment in jest. Because if I'm trading one of our best players, I'm going to be very picky about who I trade him for.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Not a surprise. It's been in the cards for weeks now. A jump shot is the only reprieve.

I agree with the sentiment about not trading low.
I agree as well, but the irony of the situation is, if Tyreke was the player we all wanted him to be, we wouldn't be trading him. So it stands to reason that if your willing to trade him, the other team is going to assume he's not lived up to your expectations, and therefore his value has decreased.

I agree as well, but the irony of the situation is, if Tyreke was the player we all wanted him to be, we wouldn't be trading him. So it stands to reason that if your willing to trade him, the other team is going to assume he's not lived up to your expectations, and therefore his value has decreased.
Other teams, with good reason, just may assume that Tyreke didn't work out because the Kings organization was inept in it's utilization of him. True or not, that will increase Tyrekes value a lot in my opinion.

Bricklayer

Getting really hard to be a Kings fan.
I'll actually take this a step further. A three step process:

1) If we trade Tyreke
2) and he blows up for another franchise
3) and we eventually lose Cousins because we can't get him the wingman he needs

I am out. Done. And it will be a ****ing relief believe me. I have tolerated the fools of this franchise for a long time. But if they **** up the no brainer, if they **** up the thing that no other franchis in the league ****s up...then there is no hope, and I'm not going to waste anymore time on them. They can rot.

1) If we trade Tyreke

I am out. Done. And it will be a ****ing relief believe me. I have tolerated the fools of this franchise for a long time. But if they **** up the no brainer, if they **** up the thing that no other franchis in the league ****s up...then there is no hope, and I'm not going to waste anymore time on them. They can rot.
every contender needs 2 players that can consistently draw double teams. the franchise has pinned its hopes on the last pick of the draft. sigh

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Really! Its the specifics that decide whether we can use a player or not. Specifics are who a player is! Hell, just Tyreke for anyone then, if specifics don't matter. I have to assume you made the comment in jest. Because if I'm trading one of our best players, I'm going to be very picky about who I trade him for.
You don't have a clue what I meant and that's OK. Obviously you know it all but to make a comment without putting an ounce of effort into the intent of my note shows the disdain you have for my opinion.

Any player we get in trade for Tyreke will be just as unhappy as Tyreke. There is no solution to the Tyreke dilemma that doesn't begin with fixing our dysfunctional front office. I would consider it a good trade ONLY if the Maloofs and coach Smart were part of the package.

1) If we trade Tyreke

I second this.

I have been asking myself for a long time "when is enough" when it comes to the Kings.

I think this perfectly sums it up.

1) If we trade Tyreke

I will cosign this...