[Game] Kings @ Warriors - Saturday, Nov. 24 - 5:30 PT (title changed)

Can we trade you?

Because, at this point, it’s clear as day that you don’t have the desire to be impartial and have instead opted for a hater’s bias of Jackson.

The kid had a good game today. 12/4/3 in 20 minutes with some decent defense and zero turnovers. His plus/minus was tied for the best on the team for those that played significant minutes.

Yet here you are (again) hating on the guy. If you’re gonna be tough on any of the players, fine. I don’t think most take issue with criticism when warranted. But when you can’t take a break from the criticism in instances when it’s not warranted, then that’s completely unfair and disingenuous IMO.
Yeah I’m sorry. Actually watch him play defense. It’s absolutely the worst by far on this team. Go back and watch his one on one defense. He gets burned by, every time and puts up zero resistance. He doesn’t even put a body on people. Guys just run by him like he isn’t even there. He moves around like a skinnier smaller Skal all weirdly hunched over looking lost and slow.

Look his floater is nba level. I’ll give him that. It’s actually great. It ends there tho. Kinda like KK hook it’s automatic but when your turning down wide open 3’s to instead pump fake then drive and use that shot it’s unfortunate. We already have one KK we don’t need our SF doing the same thing.

His 3 point % is awful it’s like Ben Mac 2.0 he can’t hit wide open 3’s.

ALSO he’s played 20 mins many more times and put up 0,0,0,0, and 0 with a - plus/minus

He’s consistent at doing virtually nothing. I hope the only reason he’s playing is to try and build some marginal value so we can trade him for a real SF

Last edited:
Yeah I’m sorry. Actually watch him play defense. It’s absolutely the worst by far on this team. Go back and watch his one on one defense. He gets burned by, every time and puts up zero resistance. He doesn’t even put a body on people. Guys just run by him like he isn’t even there. He moves around like a skinnier smaller Skal all weirdly hunched over looking lost and slow.

Look his floater is nba level. I’ll give him that. It’s actually great. It ends there tho. Kinda like KK hook it’s automatic but when your turning down wide open 3’s to instead pump fake then drive and use that shot it’s unfortunate. We already have one KK we don’t need our SF doing the same thing.

ALSO he’s played 20 mins many more times and put up 0,0,0,0, and 0 with a - plus/minus

He’s consistent at doing virtually nothing. I hope the only reason he’s playing is to try and build some marginal value so we can trade him for a real SF
The problem is that you're making the same points over and over and over and over and over and over.

And over.

I’m not sure your critique is even handed. Justin started out really slow but over the past 10 games or so he has been shooting 40% from 3.

I’m not a huge Justin fan but an even handed assessment would acknowledged he has improved.

His plus/minus was tied for the best on the team for those that played significant minutes.
You might want to double check that. Some posters seem to be watching +/- figures a lot, and the RPM stats only get updated weekly, so I was just looking at those which came after the Houston game (in which nobody but +3 Williams came out with a positive score). Here they are:

---------OKC-UT-GSW
Bagley -5, +10, +5 = +10
Bjelica +0 +3 -7 = -4
Bogdanovic -6, +1, +11 = +6
WCS +8, +7, -11 = +4
Fox +0, +12, -2 = +10
Giles +0, -3, +5 = +2
Hield +5, +12, -1 = +16
Jackson +2, +3, -1 = +4
Mason +4, -3, +0 = +1
Shumpert +12, +3, -3 = +12
Williams DNP, DNP, -2

I find extended complaining about a player to be tiresome, so I'm not questioning your message, and these numbers don't really either.

I’m not sure your critique is even handed. Justin started out really slow but over the past 10 games or so he has been shooting 40% from 3.

I’m not a huge Justin fan but an even handed assessment would acknowledged he has improved.
Thought he played pretty well last night. Was solid on the defensive end, made a couple big shots. Not great obviously, but he looked more like a rotational player than a guy who should be out of the league.

Justin Jackson has looked better of late and at least deserves some minutes. One thing is apparent, JJ needs to hit the weight room hard this off season and add some muscle. He's way too thin and has little muscle definition. It's not like he's 19/20 and a rookie either. He's 23 and really should have bulked up more this off season. With 15-20 LBS more muscle he'd be able to finish stronger and wouldn't get pushed around so much on defense.

Fox is still thin but he clearly put on at least 10 LBS of muscle this past off season and you can see the increased muscle definition in his arms. It has helped him this year too.

Kevin Durant is skinny but also at least has some definition and is wiry strong. Durant is also incredibly skilled and a better athlete than JJ.

JJ doesn't have the athleticism or the skills to be playing at this level with a college freshmen's body.

Justin Jackson has looked better of late and at least deserves some minutes. One thing is apparent, JJ needs to hit the weight room hard this off season and add some muscle. He's way too thin and has little muscle definition. It's not like he's 19/20 and a rookie either. He's 23 and really should have bulked up more this off season. With 15-20 LBS more muscle he'd be able to finish stronger and wouldn't get pushed around so much on defense.

Fox is still thin but he clearly put on at least 10 LBS of muscle this past off season and you can see the increased muscle definition in his arms. It has helped him this year too.

Kevin Durant is skinny but also at least has some definition and is wiry strong. Durant is also incredibly skilled and a better athlete than JJ.

JJ doesn't have the athleticism or the skills to be playing at this level with a college freshmen's body.
Facts the only improvement i see is a floater and that’s about it

Facts the only improvement i see is a floater and that’s about it
I bet he plays well in practice with Giles. JJ cuts/slashes really hard, with Giles at the high post I can see where in "practice" (where Giles plays a bunch) JJ plays the way we should be playing. Unfortunately that hasn't translated in games yet. I hope it does, we need production from the SF besides the first halves from Shump.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
That was such a frustrating game... I think everyone needed to vent. Luckily I wasn't on this site yet for you to hear my bellow aching also. Rebound the ball!!!
Yeah, that's not what I'm talking about at all. There is a HUGE difference between criticizing and complaining about a certain game and being someone who is generally pessimistic to the point of seeming to relish being able to dump on our players. There is a small group of members who seemed to disappear while the Kings were winning but miraculously popped back up when the Kings lost two in a row.