[Game] Kings @ Warriors - Saturday, Nov. 24 - 5:30 PT (title changed)

I don’t think that was a design at all imo. I think buddy was going for the layup

Of course it was, they had Bagley right there. If the idea was to get spacing for a layup then that was terrible because the paint was stacked. If not for the offensive rebound then there was no reason to have two bigs in the game and one right under the rim. I'm sure they weren't trying to miss the layup but the O board was their fall back. It almost worked.

This loss is on Joerger. Willie was trash all game and he kept him in there at the end to promptly give up offensive rebounds on 3 separate possessions in the last few minutes of the game. Should have had Bjelica in there with Bagley to close it out.

Well the positive is that Durant and Klay both had huge nights. Durant his biggest of the season. Klay has an above average. They got the can contribution from Jones. 3/5 of the Kings starting lineup had awful below average games(Fox, Willie, Bjelica) and the Kings still should’ve won.

Bagley has an excellent game. Not without is rookie blues but still a great game. Dude is going to be a beast rebounder when his anticipating, reads, and timing improve. He can have big rebounding nights like tonight accidentally just by his athletecism.

Of course it was, they had Bagley right there. If the idea was to get spacing for a layup then that was terrible because the paint was stacked. If not for the offensive rebound then there was no reason to have two bigs in the game and one right under the rim. I'm sure they weren't trying to miss the layup but the O board was their fall back. It almost worked.
We shall see what DJ says about how that play was drawn up. I see what you are saying, I just don’t necessarily agree. I could be wrong though

on the replay he had his guy handled. he can't be everywhere. i admire his hustle. too bad WCS, jackson, and fellow bigs can't get after it like that .
Watching the replay, Willie was pushed completely out of the play by a no call push off by Klay. So Kings kinda got hosed there. Willie still isn’t a sure thing to come down with it but Jones filled the space Willie may have occupied. It would have atleast made a put back for the Warriors more dubious.

And boy, surprised Grant didn’t mention that missed goaltending on Harry Giles should be and 1 in a game the Kings lost by one. No “remember that play if the Kings lose by 1”

Watching the replay, Willie was pushed completely out of the play by a no call push off by Klay. So Kings kinda got hosed there. Willie still isn’t a sure thing to come down with it but Jones filled the space Willie may have occupied. It would have atleast made a put back for the Warriors more dubious.

And boy, surprised Grant didn’t mention that missed goaltending on Harry Giles should be and 1 in a game the Kings lost by one. No “remember that play if the Kings lose by 1”
And the clean block by Willie on Durant that got called for a foul and gave the Warriors an extra 2 points.

Willie stopped Klay’s initial shot. He stood his ground, went straight up to avoid the foul and made Klay miss. He couldn’t move towards Klay or he would have been called for the foul. Klay stiff armed him in the chest forcing him back almost out of bounds giving himself the advantage, grabbed the missed shot and laid it in. Who was supposed to be guarding Klay anyway?

This may be a heat of the moment idea but what do you guys think of a Fox-Buddy-Shump-Bjelica-Bagley starting lineup?
Too soon. Willie has otherwise been too consistent to cast him off after a bad game that partially had to do with the refs hosing him early and often and taking him out early. Kings blew it by trying to shoehorn him into the offensive scheme when he hadn’t been playing all game. When they should’ve been shoehorning in Buddy, Fox and Bogdan. That was a huge stretch.

If anything, we’re seeing Willie may be expendable by the end of the season but as of now you can’t justify backseating him with the overall season he is having. Luckily for Fox the Kings fans aren’t nearly as bipolar about him as they are about Willie because he was pretty awful tonight as well

Too soon. Willie has otherwise been too consistent to cast him off after a bad game that partially had to do with the refs hosing him early and often and taking him out early. Kings blew it by trying to shoehorn him into the offensive scheme when he hadn’t been playing all game. When they should’ve been shoehorning in Buddy, Fox and Bogdan. That was a huge stretch.

If anything, we’re seeing Willie may be expendable by the end of the season but as of now you can’t justify backseating him with the overall season he is having. Luckily for Fox the Kings fans aren’t nearly as bipolar about him as they are about Willie because he was pretty awful tonight as well
True, it’d probably hurt him a lot mentally too if he was benched. Whereas Bagley can continue to shine off the bench as a rookie, although with more minutes than usual for a bench player.