[Game] Kings @ Warriors, 11/07/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude12

Hall of Famer
So I have a question and I’m sure it’s out of frustration
I didn’t i/don’t understand when we won the challenge on Curry on the 3 out where his left leg went up and fouled Monk(?) why they gave him the 3pts when it was a foul and they let them take it out to the side instead another point?
Because Kings

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
So I have a question and I’m sure it’s out of frustration
I didn’t i/don’t understand when we won the challenge on Curry on the 3 out where his left leg went up and fouled Monk(?) why they gave him the 3pts when it was a foul and they let them take it out to the side instead another point?
As best I understand the rule, by rule that three should have been erased, because Steph clearly kicked out his leg to the side to initiate contact. The play was challenged. The officials watched the replay. They even went so far as to rule that the contact by our player was not a foul. But there was clear and obvious contact by our player on the leg - if that contact is NOT a foul, then the reason must be that the offensive player initiated it...which is an offensive foul by rule, erase the bucket.

But the officials don't take away threes from Steph, because he's a superstar, and we're the Kings. And it is time for Monte to send in an absolute tirade to the league office and go scorched earth because it is time for this crap to be over.

The Kings point differential last year was -5.5. Two to three buckets per game. The median and average point differential was ~0, essentially a free throw. Phx had the best points differential at 7.5 and the Blazers had the worse at -8.9--outcomes are decided by a few buckets + a free throw or two. That's it.

The Kings points differential this season is -2.1. They're losing less, by a bucket, per game (SSS alert).

Yhall going to be doing this refs complaining thing all season? Because the delta between good and bad teams is a few buckets and maybe a free throw per game--at the most. Calls for and against will normalize over the season. Winning teams find ways to win.
Lazy as usual. When Tyler Herro gets to take 7 steps to hit his 3 and win the game. When the refs gave the Warriors 5 free points (Steph Lay-up at 0, Steph kicking his leg out into a defender) and took away a chance for us to shoot 3 FT's. That stuff adds up.

And regardless of how we got to that point at the end of the game, the Kings deserved a chance to get the game into OT. Win or lose there. Not because a dumbass ref decided a no-call against the golden boy defending champs.

We're probably around an average team that's been fighting the refs all season. It's a sham that a team trying to break through and not be bad anymore now has to take a secondary leap past that because we can't have the Warriors or Heat falling too far back in the standings.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
As best I understand the rule, by rule that three should have been erased, because Steph clearly kicked out his leg to the side to initiate contact. The play was challenged. The officials watched the replay. They even went so far as to rule that the contact by our player was not a foul. But there was clear and obvious contact by our player on the leg - if that contact is NOT a foul, then the reason must be that the offensive player initiated it...which is an offensive foul by rule, erase the bucket.

But the officials don't take away threes from Steph, because he's a superstar, and we're the Kings. And it is time for Monte to send in an absolute tirade to the league office and go scorched earth because it is time for this crap to be over.
It's willful misconduct by the refs. You can't have a ref standing four feet away looking at the play and obviously swallowing his whistle. I'd be doing an investigation if I were running the NBA. They were supposed to have corrected this willful misconduct after the travesty of the 6th game of Kings-Lakers game called by Bavetta and Delaney. I thought that after that travesty they had improved significantly, but they've now regressed and are now back to where they started. It was a joke then and it's a joke now. Unfortunately, the joke is on us.

A fair amount of expats end up in the Philippines. 50 ish to 1 peso to dollar, they speak English, beautiful landscape
my mom always talks about moving back. She keeps mentioning New Clark City as some hot new city they are building there, where the Air Force base was. Next to the volcano that just erupted lol.

on another note, my wife mentions Da Lat in Vietnam as some Bay Area-esque weather that has a lot of international people.

I replayed it 3 times in slow mo. Never moved his right foot.
I watched it on NBC Sports app needless to say their UI sucks. (like seriously when you watch a replay - which is cool you can do - they put fixed commercials into the replay (totally ok with this) but then leave the "streaming will resume shortly" commercial breaks in there as well. I've found fast forward and rewind just horrible to use so never bothered re-watching a live or single play)

my mom always talks about moving back. She keeps mentioning New Clark City as some hot new city they are building there, where the Air Force base was. Next to the volcano that just erupted lol.

on another note, my wife mentions Da Lat in Vietnam as some Bay Area-esque weather that has a lot of international people.
yeh there are a ton of Americans there. My wife is from Davao and we would like to live there for a few months a year when we get retirement age. Not quite as crazy as Manila

Lazy as usual. When Tyler Herro gets to take 7 steps to hit his 3 and win the game. When the refs gave the Warriors 5 free points (Steph Lay-up at 0, Steph kicking his leg out into a defender) and took away a chance for us to shoot 3 FT's. That stuff adds up.

And regardless of how we got to that point at the end of the game, the Kings deserved a chance to get the game into OT. Win or lose there. Not because a dumbass ref decided a no-call against the golden boy defending champs.

We're probably around an average team that's been fighting the refs all season. It's a sham that a team trying to break through and not be bad anymore now has to take a secondary leap past that because we can't have the Warriors or Heat falling too far back in the standings.
Yeah all Brown and us is asking for is the chance to take it/play the OT.

I'm not pencilling in victories or anything. But also we're still playing different than last year. And the players aren't barking at refs and being jerks (that was Steph last night, and it spun the game in their favor after). Team deserves at least a fair shake. And those that can't see a difference either aren't watching or just don't want to because they are misery vampires.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
At some point you just gotta do the research yourself. Google top 5 (or 10) countries for expats and then read the pros and cons. They're pretty extensive. Mexico, most of Central America, Portugal in Europe are all quite popular.
what fun is google when I can interact with knowledgeable posters on here?

Don't you think it's funny how when the refs know they screwed up, they started to do make up calls? lol. And hope that the other team don't get mad for doing it lol. In my opinion, NBA referees are the worst in ANY SPORTS!!! They're not consistent, they're not being fair...they will call based on the status of the player (EVEN if the foul is not that obvious), they will call based on the impact of the game, the time of the game, the intensity of the game. It's BS imo. None of these should be taken into account if you want the game to be fairly officiated.

Uh what are you talking about? Why would we scheme MORE shots for Barnes when he's clanking open 3 after open 3. I know he's your boy, but my god he's probably been the worst player getting 25+ MPG in the NBA this season. Keegan has been the last 3 games too. But as others have pointed out, Keegan's head may not be right now with some off-court personal stuff. And even still, he's a rookie, he's going to go through phases. But Barnes has absolutely 0 excuse for his pay and him be a $20mil/season player. He's flat out unplayable and Brown agrees with him not seeing the floor after his first rotation in the second half.

Can't really say Keegan hasn't been a shot earner either: His first 5 games:

FGA/game. He's been a crucial part of the offense. And him faltering these last 3 has really affected the flow of things with how unplayable Barnes has also been during this span. The shots are there for him and Barnes, when they deserve them.

Fox, Sabonis, Huerter and Monk are the engines of the offense right now. Until Barnes and Murray start hitting open shots again, that's not going, nor it should, change. Fact is, I think Brown needs to put Monk with the starters, and let Barnes go down to the 4 with the bench unit. Maybe get some ISO post stuff, get to the FT line. Because he just does not have the juice at all to play as a wing right now.
Because this is guy that when on shoots around 40%? The 3's he's been getting are not the kind he got last season. And the point is that it would create more spacing in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.