[Game] Kings vs. Warriors, 10/24/21, 6pm Pacific, 9pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
These last two games have been disappointing to say the least. Fox with his poor turnovers especially.

But it’s already clear three games into the season that Walton won’t be here for long. He’s gotta go, and sooner rather than later if we want a serious shot at the Playoffs.

Also, don't forget that the slight "regression" from Ty is mostly from the league adjusting to the sophomore. And Davion Mitchell shines because the league hasn't adjusted to the intensity of his defense and hasn't been able to gauge his offense.
Ty was great tonight. Too unselfish, but this is what we expect from him.

Reality is, we're hanging with really tough teams fighting Fox playing horribly and fighting Walton regressing to bad habits. The supporting pieces were there tonight on O (Davion, Holmes, Barnes, Hali), but Fox has to take it home. He's got to find his rhythm again because it's just not missing shots; it's a bevy of bad turnovers too.

OK. wipe this away. If Walton wants to save his career, he has to focus his scheme around his superstar. Period. Fox carried him last year, maybe this year he can carry him farther. Like it or not this is going to have be a middle pick and roll drive and dish/draw and kick team. And also pressure, pressure, pressure on defense. Bobby Jackson, get ready dude. You might get your chance at some point.

The difference in the offense ran by the warriors and the one (if you want to call it an “offense”) ran by the Kings was glaring tonight. Guess we’ll have to look at the tape and see what needs to be done, but not actually do anything.

Reality is, we're hanging with really tough teams fighting Fox playing horribly and fighting Walton regressing to bad habits. The supporting pieces were there tonight on O (Davion, Holmes, Barnes, Hali), but Fox has to take it home. He's got to find his rhythm again because it's just not missing shots; it's a bevy of bad turnovers too.
He still is a one pace player. You can’t be that as the PG.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

at the same time, we need to do a better job of putting in position to succeed. He was one of the best 4th quarter scorers last year because we actually ran the offense through him. This year, we’ve been “sharing the ball”

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The difference in the offense ran by the warriors and the one (if you want to call it an “offense”) ran by the Kings was glaring tonight. Guess we’ll have to look at the tape and see what needs to be done, but not actually do anything.
They’re actually pretty similar offenses, which is sort of the problem. our personnel shouldn’t be running the Warriors system.

I’m almost ready to say we beat ourselves tonight. So many unforced turnovers and bad decisions. The warriors are not that good of a defensive team, but, i think we’ll be fine. To play Utah and Golden state back to back after a game in Portland is just insane. I wish we played in the eastern conference, or, you know .. had a cushy schedule like Golden state and LA.

They’re actually pretty similar offenses, which is sort of the problem. our personnel shouldn’t be running the Warriors system.
Granted, but there is way more ball movement, off ball movement, screening and cutting going on with the Warriors. If they’re running similar offenses, that’s even more scary to me.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Kings were consistent - they sucked from start to finish. You could see they were playing for a draw, while the Warriors were biding their time for the win.

Fox led in the suck department. Not only did he suck on offense, his defense sucked as well. He made no impact on the floor at all.

I’m almost ready to say we beat ourselves tonight. So many unforced turnovers and bad decisions. The warriors are not that good of a defensive team, but, i think we’ll be fine. To play Utah and Golden state back to back after a game in Portland is just insane. I wish we played in the eastern conference, or, you know .. had a cushy schedule like Golden state and LA.
the difference between the elite teams and the fringe playoff teams is efficiency. Even last year, the Kings would lose by 6 to 8 points, which is really only 2 to 4 possessions.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Granted, but there is way more ball movement, off ball movement, screening and cutting going on with the Warriors. If they’re running similar offenses, that’s even more scary to me.
because That’s what their guys are good at. You have a guy with the court vision of Draymond, you let him QB your offense and use your elite off ball shooters off the ball. We’re passing the ball in to our bigs like they’re Draymond but that’s not our game at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.