[Game] Kings vs Timberwolves, Wednesday, Dec. 12 - 7PT/10ET

DC, Marvel, whatever....The Flash was better than Superman, the Green Hornet, The Thing, Plastic Man, and especially Batman!:)
It's highly unlikely anyone enters the league in the foreseeable future that can attempt to even rival Fox's burst/speed too, trust me I've checked the recruiting lists up and down, and checked the international phenoms out, there's not even serious candidates to be found tbph.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Remember when Vlade traded George Hill for Shump, a 2nd round pick, and 3 million cash and we all shrugged, thinking it was a cash grab?

Vlade: How you like my cash grab now?
Literally the worst move Vlade has made since the Boogie deal is signing George Hill to an incredibly team friendly deal that he was able to unload to the Cavs in exchange for the heart of the most exciting Kings team in 15 years.

Funny, for a lot of the game it felt like we should be blowing the T-Wolves out but they kept hitting some tough shots to keep within striking distance. But in looking at the KINGS final games stats where they shot 58.1% overall and 50% from 3 (on 38 attempts), I'm sure Minnesota fans felt even stronger about it.

That's was an exciting game to watch -- even though defense was very sporadic.

Literally the worst move Vlade has made since the Boogie deal is signing George Hill to an incredibly team friendly deal that he was able to unload to the Cavs in exchange for the heart of the most exciting Kings team in 15 years.
Has there been a less deserving player in the last 2 seasons to be rewarded two times for being absolute garbage than Hill? First he gets insanely overpaid than he gets traded from that thing we had to witness last season the ISO-Zbo offense to go to a championship contender where he absolutely tanks again, to once again when LeBron leaves getting traded to another potential contender in the East in the Bucks smh.

True but 538 predicts them to finish with 35 wins. To hit your 44 number they can’t go 2-8 over their next 10. Which means they will need to play better defense and not rely on shooting 50% from 3.

That being said the last game was sure fun to watch.
They've played the second hardest strength of schedule so far this year and are 15-12.

35 wins is likely the bottom barring injury.

They've played the second hardest strength of schedule so far this year and are 15-12.

35 wins is likely the bottom barring injury.
Yeah maybe. I was just reporting the current projections not commenting on whether they can exceed it or not.

I think to exceed it they have to keep shooting more 3’s. They shoot 38 threes last night and average only 28. Somewhere between 30 and 35 a night is needed. Both WCS and Bagley did a much better job of kicking the ball out to open shooters. WCS scored 14 points and probably had his best game of the year. That includes not being able to hit water with an oar when free throw shooting.

Yogi played fantastic off the bench pushing the pace. It didn’t fall off at all when he hit the floor. Ideally he gets 20 min a game and Fox and Bogi get more rest. The pace at which we play is brutal. Going deeper on the bench is important.

Lastly, glad I’m not the Kings defensive coordinator. The Kings just can’t depend on shooting 50% from 3 and need to be able to win on nights they shoot 30% from 3.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Here’s my thoughts on why we haven’t seen Yogi over Frank. Joerger is very much about building a team over the long haul and there is a process. Yes, he’s prone to play vets first but in this case, I think Frank works his tail off and is well liked by teammates and was here first. Yogi by all accounts is very much a professional with team first mentality which probably allowed Joerger to go with Frank first and allowing Frank his opportunity while Yogi waits for his turn.

A good chance that if Yogi wasn’t a team first guy, we may have seen him in first to avoid any internal conflicts. It’s a long term approach to building a team. I think we are seeing it with Koufos/Giles too. Eventually Giles is going to get his real opportunity but it may be next year, it may be after trade deadline, who knows. All I know is that there is a respect level to how he’s building the team and it’s fluid dependent on each players ego and personality. If you are a player, you have to love playing for Joerger. That is the vibe I’ve always gotten.

Here’s my thoughts on why we haven’t seen Yogi over Frank. Joerger is very much about building a team over the long haul and there is a process. Yes, he’s prone to play vets first but in this case, I think Frank works his tail off and is well liked by teammates and was here first. Yogi by all accounts is very much a professional with team first mentality which probably allowed Joerger to go with Frank first and allowing Frank his opportunity while Yogi waits for his turn.

A good chance that if Yogi wasn’t a team first guy, we may have seen him in first to avoid any internal conflicts. It’s a long term approach to building a team. I think we are seeing it with Koufos/Giles too. Eventually Giles is going to get his real opportunity but it may be next year, it may be after trade deadline, who knows. All I know is that there is a respect level to how he’s building the team and it’s fluid dependent on each players ego and personality. If you are a player, you have to love playing for Joerger. That is the vibe I’ve always gotten.
Certainly a solid explanation

There's so much good on this team but I just want to point out how incredible the interior passing on this team is. Every single player on this team is has shown incredible an incredible ability to make that extra pass at the last second to the man down low with the better shot. Whether it's Willie, Bagley, Giles or Belly in the post or Fox, Buddy, and Shump driving. There's constantly incredible feeds (and off-ball cuts might I add) to guys for easy layups. The passing and chemistry this team has is remarkable.

He'd be sub 4.3. NBA guys are faster than NFL guys, and Fox is the fastest guy in the league.
No there not the fast nba guys are like 4.5 nfl players have Olympic speed. There standing verticals are almost higher than nba players running verticals. Guys running in 4.4 range usually have standing verticals from 35” and up which most nba players don’t.

Nate Robinson who played football ran the combine sprint at 2.96 3rd fastest of all time.

A great win for the Kings. They bent but did not break. I would venture to say that the Kings fast style throwing up 3s worked like a charm. I agree that the interior passing is much improved. I have no problems with the offense. One of these days Bagley is going to get 30/20, just wait. His elbow was above the rim last night on the attempted jam.

The Kings gave up 80 points in the second half to a team that averages around 105 for a game. That should be sending off alarm bells. In crunch time the Wolves scored 4 straight layups to make the game competitive. The Kings' are not going to shoot 50% from 3 every night. Defense comes and goes with the Kings. They get tired. They take plays off. Maybe we need to substitute more. I could see the gassed look in the eyes of some Wolves when they went to the bench. The Kings play blazing fast. Keeping up the defensive intensity is the greatest challenge. Defend the rim.

Yogi had a great game and I hope we see more of him over Mason. Frank still plays like he is in college.
Willie deserves special mention for playing defense on a tough opponent. Coach probably told him, not to worry about offense just follow KAT everywhere he goes. Willie worked hard and ran the floor to get some points when it mattered. Foul shooting seems like such a basic skill at this level........

The Kings gave up 80 points in the second half to a team that averages around 105 for a game. That should be sending off alarm bells. In crunch time the Wolves scored 4 straight layups to make the game competitive. The Kings' are not going to shoot 50% from 3 every night. Defense comes and goes with the Kings. They get tired. They take plays off. Maybe we need to substitute more. I could see the gassed look in the eyes of some Wolves when they went to the bench. The Kings play blazing fast. Keeping up the defensive intensity is the greatest challenge. Defend the rim.
Is there a stat that standardizes number of points per possession or per some X possessions as opposed to a per game? The Kings are among league leaders in pace and there is just more chances off of which to score when playing the Kings as opposed to an average NBA team that the comparison in average points allowed per game is a flawed measure of defense in that sense...