[Game] Kings vs Timberwolves, Wednesday, Dec. 12 - 7PT/10ET

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Home game tonight against a much improved Timberwolves team with the departure of Jimmy Butler and acquisition of forwards Robert Covington and Dario Saric. Timberwolves boast a new defense holding 10 of their last 11 opponents to under 104 points a game, a feat only held by 3 other teams.

Karl Anthony Towns and Andrew Wiggins learning from new teammate Robert Covington how to move lateral in order to fill gaps in their defense and cut off passing lanes.

This should be a good test of styles as the Wolves have increased their offensive posessions of touches through KAT by a wide margin, while the Kings like to break out in transition.

Keys to the game IMO:

Secure defensive rebounding in order to start the fast break
Defend without fouling
Share the ball, don't just pass the ball
Defense on Robert Covington, a True 3/4 stretch that has the ability to dribble and shoot the three very well, we will have to be careful who we double KAT off of.

Not only is this a home game which the Kings seem to struggle at for some reason, but this starts off one of the most brutal stretches of Western Conference basketball I have seen for this young team. Only a tight knit and focused group of players will be able to survive in this conference.

Thus begins the gauntlet that will shape the identity of this Kings team this season and for years to come.

Arise, Arise! Hoopers of the Royal Court! Mettle will be tested, sneakers shapen, bodies bruised. Sound the cowbells, THE KINGS CALL FOR AID! HOOP NOW, HOOP NOW, THE SCORES RUN THE COURT!

(this is also my first game thread ever after being a member here for 13 years)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Beating up bottom dwellers is fun.

That said, I’m still not sure if we’re as good as our record, and this stretch will tell me everything.

Prove my gut wrong, dudes!