[Game] Kings vs Thunder 1/20/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp. Won’t be doing that ever again…left at 3:15…and got to our seats at halftime. But I made my pilgrimage to worship the beam. Shout out to macadocious for the super convenient & great tix.

0962800A-A007-4476-825F-3965D46331FF.jpeg

Unfortunately the reffing smells even worse in person. Also, I’ll take credit for Keegan, since he balled out at the summer league game I attended too.

That 2 seed is a long way away. But if before the season you had told me we had a shot to host Game 1 of a playoff series, I'd have...said you were crazy.
Not only a shot, but have a 2.5 game cushion 44 games into the year for hosting a playoff series? Insanity.

Now the Kings can't take their foot off the gas because the 6-13 seed in the West are still all separated by 2 games. But them really taking care of business these last 2 weeks have given them some real breathing room when we run into parts of the schedule like PHI on a 2nd night of B-B and MEM coming into town. Not the end of the world if you drop both of them because you beat up Houston, Magic etc like we're supposed to

4 games of daylight between us and the six seed. Keegan turning the corner back to that dude we thought he’d be. Wishing more every day I put some big dumb homer bet down pre-season. We’re so very far from praying for a 10-seed play in spot

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Welp. Won’t be doing that ever again…left at 3:15…and got to our seats at halftime. But I made my pilgrimage to worship the beam. Shout out to macadocious for the super convenient & great tix.

View attachment 11479

Unfortunately the reffing smells even worse in person. Also, I’ll take credit for Keegan, since he balled out at the summer league game I attended too.
Sorry that the Friday Tahoe traffic got you. At least we got the win and you got to see the beam.

I honestly think they can be better than Webber, Vlade, and Bibby at the end of the day. I know that this might be a stretch for some, but I truly believe they can be better...:):):)
We can only hope and thankfully there isn't a dynasty to have to knock over just yet like they had to. The crack of daylight is there. Those are always impossible calls because you'd have to see how those players would translate to todays game. I think Webber would probably put up Jokic numbers in todays game to be honest. He came into the league wanting to be Magic when his first coach (Don Nelson) saw him as a C. In turns out they were both right just waaaay too far ahead of their time, lol. Webber would probably be a full time point C now. Bibby would also obviously be far more dangerous.

Can we close out out January 10 games over .500?

Once we achieve 10 games over, well, then it's time to set our sights on 15 games over .500:)

In the event things start to play out like this, the Kings ARE going to get a ton of hype by the media.. If that happens, I think we've got a good group where they arent going to let it get to their heads and we'll stick to the grind.

Last edited:
Harrison Barnes is such a great glue guy. He serves a most excellent purpose on this team and I'll be glad to see him resigned... He steps up when we need him, selflessly stands down when its appropriate, n does this with the savvy of a true vet. What more could you ask for when trying to build confidence in potential 2nd n 3rd option offense players such as Huerter and Murray?

I wonder if he'll give us a little discount too, seeing as we've had so much faith in him, started him, surrounded him with all these great young players who will need extensions. I wouldn't put it past him. I'd hope this is one of the most fun teams he's been on in the regular season, hard to believe it wouldnt be.

Current Record: 26-18 (8 games over)

vs Philadelphia L 26-19 (7 games over)
vs Memphis L 26-20 (6 games over)
vs Toronto W 27-20 (7 games over)
@ Minnesota W 28-20 (8 games over)
@ Minnesota W 29-20 (9 games over)

Based on my predictions, we absolutely MUST win ONE of our next two games (preferably both) if we want to end January at least 10 games over 0.500...If you ask me for my honest opinion, I am going to say we won't finish 10 games over, but based on how we have been playing this season, I also wouldn't be surprised if we go 5-0, thus finishing January with a 31-18 overall record, putting us 13 games over 0.500...

Last edited:
Harrison Barnes is such a great glue guy. He serves a most excellent purpose on this team and I'll be glad to see him resigned... He steps up when we need him, selflessly stands down when its appropriate, n does this with the savvy of a true vet. What more could you ask for when trying to build confidence in potential 2nd n 3rd option offense players such as Huerter and Murray?

I wonder if he'll give us a little discount too, seeing as we've had so much faith in him, started him, surrounded him with all these great young players who will need extensions. I wouldn't put it past him. I'd hope this is one of the most fun teams he's been on in the regular season, hard to believe it wouldnt be.
And he's been able to carry the team at times when needed. In the last few weeks he's actually climbed into the 96th percentile in iso PPP. In January Barnes is averaging 21 ppg on 50% from 2 and 3.

Once we achieve 10 games over, well, then it's time to set our sights on 15 games over .500:)

In the event things start to play out like this, the Kings ARE going to get a ton of hype by the media.. If that happens, I think we've got a good group where they arent going to let it get to their heads and we'll stick to the grind.
Next 3 opponents are tough, and the next 7 games are on road. Yes, some of those games are very winnable, and if we want to solidify our spot, we need to win many of these, but they are still road games. I will be delighted with a 5-5 record over the next 10. Anything over would be great, since the remaining schedule is pretty brutal.

And he's been able to carry the team at times when needed. In the last few weeks he's actually climbed into the 96th percentile in iso PPP. In January Barnes is averaging 21 ppg on 50% from 2 and 3.
The beauty of this team is how unselfish everyone is. Barnes has been awesome the last few weeks, but he didn't force shot volume with how good Keegan was playing tonight. And once again, when your All-NBA center is more than willing to only take 9 shots so his teammates can get work... just keeps everyone so involved and engaged on offense.

There's just no ego. That's why we're the most diverse scoring team in the NBA and have had 6 dudes drop 30 this season (smh Keegan only scoring 29 tonight).

The beauty of this team is how unselfish everyone is. Barnes has been awesome the last few weeks, but he didn't force shot volume with how good Keegan was playing tonight. And once again, when your All-NBA center is more than willing to only take 9 shots so his teammates can get work... just keeps everyone so involved and engaged on offense.

There's just no ego. That's why we're the most diverse scoring team in the NBA and have had 6 dudes drop 30 this season.
What also sticks out to me is that we have 6 players currently averaging 10+ points per game and, out of those 6, only 1 (Fox) is averaging more than 20; The other 5 are all averaging in the teens.

Pretty wild (and freaking awesome), if you ask me...

Apart from the mistake-ridden end of the game, this might be my favorite win of the season just from an entertainment perspective. Back and fourth game start to finish, and Keegan had his best game of the year. Big shots in the 4th and effective on the boards, you love to see it.

Mike Brown has certainly far exceeded my expectations and if we end the season top 6 in the west, he has to be in the running for COY.

They let him get whatever he wanted all over the paint.....this isn't new though.....this team's defense sucks. Sabonis is a great player and all star but is a poor shot-blocker - not even above average like his Dad.
his dad was as skilled and larger and longer. But Davion did stop SGA penetration. Fox did at times but Davion is much better. I wonder if we are hiding Nemi until after the trade deadline. He had 4 blocks in only 26 minutes in Stockton. Think the kid could help this team.

4 games of daylight between us and the six seed. Keegan turning the corner back to that dude we thought he’d be. Wishing more every day I put some big dumb homer bet down pre-season. We’re so very far from praying for a 10-seed play in spot
I figured we'd make the playoffs, but I didn't think we'd be this good. I put down 1500$ for us to make the playoffs this year, back in August, I bleed purple!

Back in 2002 the players were saying 60 wins before 20 losses.

Right now they need to have the goal of 35 wins before 25 losses then 50 wins before 30 losses

Alright, which one of you was holding up that "Saboner" jersey for half the post game show?
Not me, but I love seeing that dude at the arena wearing it. Last game I went to, saw a guy with a "Were getting" 40 custom jersey, a nod to the preseason video of the dude outside chase center this preseason and was highly amused. This season is so effin enjoyable.

Last edited:
Hey let’s enjoy every one of these wins. I took the kings and the points tonight against Philadelphia. and at least we have those tough 3 games coming up at home before we head out on the road.
The team needs to get with it and let the rest of the league know you don’t want to play us at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.