[Game] Kings vs. T-Wolves 2/09/22 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I don't think the addition of Lamb and Holiday can be understated. They didn't have great games, and I would say they are relatively average NBA players, but they give us a much much more balanced team on the floor. Its the same "mystery" why we are a much better team with Harkless on the floor.
The important part is that they've spent years with Sabonis and know how to move off of him to get open looks. After the first three or four minutes, the rest of the team started following their lead and the offense instantly looked elite out of nowhere.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
What I loved is that we had a 10 point lead with about 2 minutes to go. The Kings of old would have put Fox in a spread iso, barrel to the rim with 2 seconds left ugly attempt. With Sabonis out there, we actually had some pick and roll action that still allowed us to play a little conservatively to milk some clock, but resulted in movement and what looked like a normal offense. He is going to make Fox a MUCH better half court player.
Fox already looks like old Fox. That little thread the needle to Sabonis? I was really irked when I read the national press today run the Fox sucks so they had to trade Haliburton narrative. You know what Fox didn't do when the team drafted back to back pgs... sit around and sulk. His numbers dropped for sure and he took the brunt of fan criticism because he got paid. Welcome back Foxy.

Kings looked night and day different. The high post offense added a totally new dynamic to the team, Domantas's basketball IQ making it work of course.

Added length with Holiday and Lamb and the team just looked completely different.

The spacing was there, teamwork, it just looked good.

Before it was a lot of forcing from the guards and the offense just didn't look good. Just force, drive and kick.

Now adding this different dynamic to the offense suddenly there's space on the court.

And all Fox or Davion need is SPACE to completely dismantle a defense.

It was just night and day, and way prettier to watch

Last edited:
Fox showing a pulse and some emotion out there definitely helps. I’m buying heavy stock that while they may have gotten along well enough off the court, Fox hated playing with Hali and it seeped onto the floor and into his game.
May not have been playing with Haliburton, but the fact that the team kept drafting PGs when Fox wanted the team to fill out other positions.

Fox showing a pulse and some emotion out there definitely helps. I’m buying heavy stock that while they may have gotten along well enough off the court, Fox hated playing with Hali and it seeped onto the floor and into his game.
This... Fox is passive aggressive (I know the type intimately....) He wants to be the man that controls the game and has the ball in his hands. They may have poo poo'ed the suggestion that they didn't get along (I truly believe they do), but Fox was pouting all year because the team around him was all an awkward fit.

I don't think the addition of Lamb and Holiday can be understated. They didn't have great games, and I would say they are relatively average NBA players, but they give us a much much more balanced team on the floor. Its the same "mystery" why we are a much better team with Harkless on the floor.
I actually strongly disagree. They didn't shoot well, but they were absolutely crucial on continuing what Sabonis was cooking with the ball movement on offense. Maybe they didn't get credit for every assist, but they were a massive reason we got so many clean looks, whether on 3pt shots or at the rim.

And the size/length just plays on D. Wasn't perfect, but it's a noticeable improvement on the wing defense we've been trying to use all year.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
This... Fox is passive aggressive (I know the type intimately....) He wants to be the man that controls the game and has the ball in his hands. They may have poo poo'ed the suggestion that they didn't get along (I truly believe they do), but Fox was pouting all year because the team around him was all an awkward fit.
I think he was sick of losing. That smile we saw from him tonight was the same thing we're all smiling about -- it was the resurrection of hope.

I can’t believe I didn’t get to watch this game. Guess I’ll have to binge highlights based on the energy in this thread. Good to hear the team looked good.

Holmes playing was weird if he is getting traded. Who is coming back for Bags? Will Mitchell continue to come off the bench? Lots of interesting things to come tomorrow and in the following weeks

I can’t believe I didn’t get to watch this game. Guess I’ll have to binge highlights based on the energy in this thread. Good to hear the team looked good.

Holmes playing was weird if he is getting traded. Who is coming back for Bags? Will Mitchell continue to come off the bench? Lots of interesting things to come tomorrow and in the following weeks
My man, you literally missed the worst possible game. For all the anguish we go through as Kings fans, this one was fun as hell.

The Kings acquiring a bunch of freakishly long role players is really the potential unexpected twist of the trade deadline.
One appealing aspect of Grant I'm interested in is the Lamb-Harkless-Holiday-Grant wingspan LU where they just hold hands and cover the full width of the court.

Edit: BTW, PJ Washington as a 7'2 wingspan. He'd fit right in.

Status
Not open for further replies.