[Game] Kings vs. T-Wolves 2/09/22 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest I started turning around on the trade when I realized that they weren't just throw ins (and probably seeing other people talking up Buddy like the cherry on top of a heist), but hot damn I really was not fair to Sabonis based on his lousy defense reputation.
It's amazing what long wings can do. Now when Harkless comes back it adds up like wingspan city between Barnes, Lamb, Holiday, and Harkless. haha. all Sabonis has to do it stay back and bang.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Honest question….where did all the energy come from? I mean, the team loved Haliburton, but is it partBuddy gone? Part Sabonis on the team?
Fox showing a pulse and some emotion out there definitely helps. I’m buying heavy stock that while they may have gotten along well enough off the court, Fox hated playing with Hali and it seeped onto the floor and into his game.

What I loved is that we had a 10 point lead with about 2 minutes to go. The Kings of old would have put Fox in a spread iso, barrel to the rim with 2 seconds left ugly attempt. With Sabonis out there, we actually had some pick and roll action that still allowed us to play a little conservatively to milk some clock, but resulted in movement and what looked like a normal offense. He is going to make Fox a MUCH better half court player.

Fox showing a pulse and some emotion out there definitely helps. I’m buying heavy stock that while they may have gotten along well enough on the court, Fox hated playing with Hali.
I agree 100%. Fox looked different out there tonight. He was his old dominant self with a ton of energy. I wonder if trading Haliburton helped boost his confidence?

Fox-Haliburton was never going to workout long term, and I think he knew this too.

I swear I was 10 years old again watching C-webb/Vlade/Bibby and Peja carve teams up. It honestly makes no sense how ridiculously good the offense was after the first quarter.
Agreed the flow happened so quickly. You could see it get better near the end of the first quarter but I did not expect that, In the second and on! It was as if they’ve had an off-season together!

Status
Not open for further replies.