[Game] Kings vs Suns Jan 6PT-9ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What a terrible play call by Joerger. WCS should not be out there what the hell was he thinking?
We didn't lose this game in the closing seconds. We lost it when everybody on the team suddenly developed the skill level of road kill.

That was just pathetic.

Joeger got cute. Tried to save his players. Then when Phoenix started jumping drivers, he ran the same stupid sets,, clogging the middle n allow guys to get stripped. Phx was in the penalty with like 8 mins to go. All you had to do was clear the court n have Fox drive the rest of the night.

Out coached. Stupid.

The Kings f****** deserved to lose this game!! They need a kick in the face like this to wake them up. Normally I'd be cool with it, but when you are up 21 points to a horrible team, you just need to Man up crush them while you can. Totally deserved this loss due to the horrid 2nd half play.

We have seen some unreal coaching decisions down the stretch in this current losing streak. It's fitting that Willie would have the ball in the Kings preferred play set at the end of this one. Unreal. Smart, smart play from the Suns though.
Yeah Joerger has made some questionable decisions. Run it through WCS on the last play? Keep Hield out until 4:30 left in the 4th? Not good enough.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Too bad they’re not learning. These losses have been happening all year.
Look at what their record was last year at this time. NOBODY expected the Kings to be anywhere near .500. We aren't an elite team. We're a YOUNG team who has surprised more than one pundit. We are far from there, however. They'll have games like this.

It's ugly. It's stupid. But it's not a total surprise.

That play should not have gone through Willie. Probably shouldn't have been on the court in that situation. I don't usually put a game on any one person, but this is on Joerger.
Outrageous.. The Kings many times, Grant said it on the broadcast "would be better off with a bad shot instead of no shot" and on that final play, it's on Joerger. Shoulda just handed the ball to Fox, who was 3/3 in the game at the time, and said get us a 3 and we'll live with it....

The Kings f****** deserved to lose this game!! They need a kick in the face like this to wake them up. Normally I'd be cool with it, but when you are up 21 points to a horrible team, you just need to Man up crush them while you can. Totally deserved this loss due to the horrid 2nd half play.

I don't think a kick in the face will turn Kosta and Willie into CWebb and Vlade. I just don't. ;)

These type of losses really get me down on the team. Too many losses like this this, vs. GSW, LAL, Denver, Portland, Phoenix.
Ummm....this is nothing like the losses the GSW, LL, Denver or Portland. This is a disgusting loss to the worst team in the lead, blowing. 21 point lead in one quarter. One of 82 so I’ll move but absolutely the worst game of the year. They thought they could coast after half time and they got burned. I’m not in the mood to even reflect on this one.

Well, that was bizarre. Am I mad? No. Am I totally puzzled at the poor play/execution by almost everyone in the black jerseys? Hell, yeah.

I can live with the loss but the brain farts have me totally confused.
Doesn’t help when the opposing team has made a decision to foul n go after steaks n the Kings run the same stupid plays right into double teams.

Willie can't be in at the end of close games. Everyone knows that. He's an offensive center that can't shoot free throws. And to run a play through him? Lolwtf

Look at what their record was last year at this time. NOBODY expected the Kings to be anywhere near .500. We aren't an elite team. We're a YOUNG team who has surprised more than one pundit. We are far from there, however. They'll have games like this.

It's ugly. It's stupid. But it's not a total surprise.
Definitely a great, unexpected improvement this season. But losing so many big leads in the clutch isn’t fun.

gunks

Hall of Famer
All y'all piling on Willie need to get your heads checked. Dude had 15/7/3/3/3 with ZERO turnovers. Kosta and Giles weren't that great tonight. Should we have gone to Skal? Z-bo?

Meanwhile, our allstar guard rotation of Fox, Buddy, and Bogi combined for 17 (!) TOs. Fox being the most egregious offender with 8.

The backcourt sloppiness cost us this game. Simple as that. Fox was super sloppy. Buddy wasn't a factor. And Bogs just got dumped or something. ... he doesn't seem right.

Anyways, on to the next one! At least Bags will be playing.