[Game] Kings vs Suns 7:30PM PDT/10:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox is also just exhausted. He’s shown the ability plenty of times, just not as of late.
Exhausted? He's 25 year old world class ath
I suppose Kayte was right and they shouldn’t have called a timeout after the Nurkic free throws. They needed a timeout to get the offense back on track but the time for that was really a minute or two earlier when the you could see that the Suns stepped up their defense and the wheels were falling off for the Kings. I seem to recall the same thing happening on that earlier game against the Suns as well.
They had a foul to give. It would have just wasted time driving it up the court to get fouled

I suppose Kayte was right and they shouldn’t have called a timeout after the Nurkic free throws. They needed a timeout to get the offense back on track but the time for that was really a minute or two earlier when the you could see that the Suns stepped up their defense and the wheels were falling off for the Kings. I seem to recall the same thing happening on that earlier game against the Suns as well.
Yeah, she was pretty sure about getting the ball up but smart call was the timeout IMO.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Exhausted? He's 25 year old world class ath

They had a foul to give. It would have just wasted time driving it up the court to get fouled
It was also off a made free throw. You're not catching anyone by surprise. I am not a Kayte hater but she was just making stuff up.

You were dead right here. All we needed was 2 to win on the final possession. That last play should have been to use Fox as a decoy and give Murray the final shot. We don't actually know what the play call was though because there was an aggressive trap on Fox as soon as he started his drive (probably another foul on Phoenix that went ignored) so we didn't get to see whether he was looking to pass or not.

I can understand why some Kings fans are angry with the Kings for "melting down" again. What I've seen consistently in the fourth quarter this season though is a complete lack of respect for our primary scorers as all sorts of physical play is being allowed against us while on the other end there's just a slew of ticky-tack calls leading to game swinging free throws. It happened in the OKC game, the Boston game, and tonight against Phoenix. We have to drive through a guantlet of contact and somehow convert field goals anyway without the benefit of a whistle. Not so much for whoever we're playing.

And look at where the standings sit now: LAL vs. Phoenix in one play-in game and Sacramento Vs. GS in the other. The league is going to get the matchups they want to see no matter what. It's all just about money in the end.
Man I am from the Balkans , it’s in our blood to blame every one , starting with the refs, when our beloved team is loosing but in this one I can’t agree the mistake was in them
For 8 second in a ball game after a TO you can pass the ball at lest 4 times before the shot is made , but our tactic was give the ball to fox and in he goes himself against whole suns team …
Damn it they have 3 all star players they must now how to defend …
Get the ball the second you see the second play on you pass it , then one more pass and is 100% you will have better chances for the win …
I have take the replay but I am sure HB was wide open during the whole 8s…

Two stupid turnovers at critical moments at the end of the game. And it's not the first time it happened. It keeps happening. At what point do we take a different approach?

They played hard on a back to back. A 4 point game with around 50 secs left is still any1's game.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Man I am from the Balkans , it’s in our blood to blame every one , starting with the refs, when our beloved team is loosing but in this one I can’t agree the mistake was in them
For 8 second in a ball game after a TO you can pass the ball at lest 4 times before the shot is made , but our tactic was give the ball to fox and in he goes himself against whole suns team …
Get the ball the second you see the second play on you pass it , then one more pass and is 100% you will have better chances for the win …
Fox has faked a drive in order to kick out for a game winner before. I wouldn't assume it was his intention to go 1 on 5 there and try to finish himself. I'm really more upset about how quickly they called the foul on the floor on the previous play when it was obvious Fox was already going into his shooting motion.

HB is a guarantee miss in clutch situations. Trust me

Fox has faked a drive in order to kick out for a game winner before. I wouldn't assume it was his intention to go 1 on 5 there and try to finish himself. I'm really more upset about how quickly they called the foul on the floor on the previous play when it was obvious Fox was already going into his shooting motion.
Yess on the first play there was some hope …
But will he didn’t even try to look where the other 4 guys were…

The league is sending a pretty clear message that they're not gonna let us win games late with Fox attacking the basket. This team is too talented to not be able to find other ways to score

It’s tough on Fox without someone else like Monk that can actually create their own shot. He’s not Steve Nash, but to say Fox isn’t capable of making plays in the clutch - that’s just false.
I agree he can Def make plays. Some reason refs and the league (judging by the no allstar) do not respect Fox. He's not getting calls and he gets called for touch fouls. I touched on his driving to the basket no calls but still. We going to have to get one of these old Allstars vets to get respect from the refs

I agree. And the foul on Sabonis on the other end should have been called on Nurkic instead for the same reason. You're not allowed to jump over somebody and take the ball away from them and that's exactly what he (Nurkic) did.
Problem was Sabonis was facing Nurkic - and lost track of the ball - if he'd boxed it would've been easily called - you can't face-guard a player on a rebound.

Regarding the refs, I highly doubt that for 3 times in a row L2M report will review this as a foul. It would be too much and it will add fuel to the fire for the whole "refs you suck" campaign.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I agree he can Def make plays. Some reason refs and the league (judging by the no allstar) do not respect Fox. He's not getting calls and he gets called for touch fouls. I touched on his driving to the basket no calls but still. We going to have to get one of these old Allstars vets to get respect from the refs
It just doesn't make sense. He's an exciting young player and unlike some of the guys the league has hitched their wagons to, by all accounts a good and respectful guy off the court. Why wouldn't the NBA be boosting him instead of holding him back?

It just doesn't make sense. He's an exciting young player and unlike some of the guys the league has hitched their wagons to, by all accounts a good and respectful guy off the court. Why wouldn't the NBA be boosting him instead of holding him back?
The refs are not holding him back. They just aren’t going to reward stupid basketball. If you have 3 defenders coming at you and you aren’t smart enough to find the open man you don’t deserve to be bailed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.