[Game] Kings vs Suns 7:30PM PDT/10:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst calls “against” us were non-reviewable no-calls.
The Len screen was reviewable, I am sure there were a couple of more.
But sorry to say this Kings deserved to lose the way they played the 2nd half. There was no ball movement in offense just dribbling outside of the 3 point line until time runs out.
8 player rotation on a back to back didn't work out, I think fatigue came on us late in the game, Fox and Domas couldn't do much in crunch time.

Suns bench outscored us and they are maybe the worst in the league. Suns are the worst in the league in 4th quarter net rating and maybe the best when they play the Kings.

The unanimous COTY in 2023 will get 0 votes this season, same goes for Monte.

Teams isn't focused in crunch time, no idea why this happens so many times this season. Not focused vs "weak" teams, not focused vs "depleted" teams. When will they figure out why this is happening, in the 82nd match of the season vs Portland?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
All he did was fall to the floor and push off all night.
Yeah and any time a call went against him he was whining about it incessantly too. I would have T'ed him up in the third for the complaining (after his foul on Ellis I think on the inbounds play). It's one thing to flop all over the place for calls, it's another to do that and still have the nerve to act like you've been mistreated in some way.

I agree with this point. How many times have we been in this situation. MB needs to game plan for this to happen. Fox was literally triple teamed. People were open. Geez.
I thought Brown has had a couple poorly coached games. Both the Pels and Suns came back attacking Barnes and getting the Kings in rotation. Mike makes zero adjustments on the obviously poor matchup.

Take your pick …. It’s either Monte’s fault for not giving Brown another option or Brown’s fault for not trying the options he was given.

Also, I don't want to hear any hoopla about how Monk isn't capable of being an offensive star anymore. Team has just crumbled without his creation on the floor offensively and honestly has started to expose Fox a bit of not being an exceptional playmaker.
Fox is also just exhausted. He’s shown the ability plenty of times, just not as of late.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
One foul on the last possession of the game doesn't negate another second half collapse and choked 20 point lead
There were multiple times that Fox was fouled and got nothing plus Booker got loads of gifts. I thought our biggest lead was 15 but most of the contest was in single digits. We should have closed it out but refs swung this at least 10 points.

now we have to hope the Pelicans save us and don’t rest all their starters. We choked this away, no bones about it.

It’s really hard to go from the elation of last season to the collapse of this one.

Not much fun being a fan right now, hopefully we can surprise in the play-in or get eliminated right away so we can all have some peace.
Not a collapse but surely a regression

He’s been pretty solid and consistent for a couple of months now. Especially so since Monk went down. Just because he’s cold shooting tonight doesn’t mean he’s regressed.

And no he isn’t the worst backup point guard out of the playoff teams.

Some playoff or play in teams don’t even have A point guard..like the team they are playing right now
Solidly amateur. His shooting percentages aren't even league average and that includes a blistering hot streak for him that is not sustainable.

He is not the weakest link by far. He's just my favorite weak link.

Also, I don't want to hear any hoopla about how Monk isn't capable of being an offensive star anymore. Team has just crumbled without his creation on the floor offensively and honestly has started to expose Fox a bit of not being an exceptional playmaker.
Crumbled from what? The Kings started the crumbling as soon as the calendar year turned. Now that came back to bite them when the hellish part of the year started which was the road trip and going up against the Pels and a legit trio of stars in KD, Booker, and Beal. Monk would definitely help but then you're still sacrificing size or defense in the process anyway.

I agree we pretty clearly need another self creator whether that ends up being Monk or someone else or both I don’t know. Still, we lost this one like a lot of other ones because the other team made timely 3s & and ones the stretch while we turned it over or fouled. We lost the second Mavs game, the big Suns comeback and in this one, the OKC game just to name a few this way.

It was still a fun season. The horrible losses against teams we should have beat and the perplexing losses when we had big leads where hard to take. If we had half of those back we are are probably top 3 seed.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Yeah and any time a call went against him he was whining about it incessantly too. I would have T'ed him up in the third for the complaining (after his foul on Ellis I think on the inbounds play). It's one thing to flop all over the place for calls, it's another to do that and still have the nerve to act like you've been mistreated in some way.
YES. I posted about it early on, there was one back to back sequence where he went drove, threw up a wild shot and crashed into the stanchion crying for a foul, comes back the next possession and throws it into the stands at center court screaming at the refs. Plus he got that triple on the "reviewed" play for a dirty play by DM that should have been an offensive foul or flop technical. whatever. he's a loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.