Kings vs. Spurs Game Thread, 4/6/10, 7p.m. PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super short condensed game thread:

Kings have 5 more games to go including this one. Their win / loss record is being tracked mainly for lottery reasons, and Tyreke is squarely in the spotlight. Can the young man net his 20/5/5? He's got to put up 20.1 ppg from here on out and pull down just a few more rebounds.

George Hill, Tony Parker, and Roger Mason may all sit out. This is perhaps the best chance for a win the Kings have remaining this season. No, wait, the game after this one involves some strange D-league NBA impostor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Blazers are our perfect foil. They have the defensive ability to shut down an elite player, especially if that's the only threat to their ability to win. That team will cause some playoff problems, especially if the lakers pull them in the first round.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kings will somehow fail at failing and clinch 6th to last place. Evans will score 38 points, Udrih will have a triple double, and JT will score at will against Duncan.

My brain is on fire from math and watching an insane two year old.

We'll call this under construction.

There may be more added tomorrow.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Spurs demolish Kings in a laugher as San Antonio plays for playoff positioning

101 spurs
82 Kings

Tyreke with 37/7/7

Screw the D and go all out O and no need to set thing sup. Run and Gun.

Lets go for 150 FGA. About 1 shot every 10 second per team.

Score 155 Spur to 147 Kings. :eek:

Evans should at least get 30 min out of the 147. ;)

Screw the D and go all out O and no need to set thing sup. Run and Gun.

Lets go for 150 FGA. About 1 shot every 10 second per team.

Score 155 Spur to 147 Kings. :eek:

Evans should at least get 30 min out of the 147. ;)
And who's gonna score the other 117 points? We barely reach 100 on a good night. :D

Assuming they'll start Parker even though he's been out for a while... then they should put Tyreke on RJ and let Beno chase around TP. Donte can get Manu. RJ still has some abilities, but on most nights he seems lost or uncomfortable in the Spurs offense.

And who's gonna score the other 117 points? We barely reach 100 on a good night. :D
Well if we go for 150 shots, I would give Evans 40 shots the team get the rest. Evans 40 shots should give him 30 points.

If the rest get their 110 shots but can't get their 117 point...it doesn't matter. They could get 50 points and it's all good. ;)

Except for the people watching the game. :p

tonight should be a good night- Warriors playing the Wizards tonight, so if we win we're guaranteed to move up into a tie with someone in the lin column.

i don't mind if we play hard tonight. tyreke should get his stats, and spurs should be tuning up, so even if we play hard i doubt we win, shorthanded as we are.

I don't really care about the 20 5 and 5 as much as everyone else seems to. If he ends with 19.9 or 20 make very little difference to me he is still the greatest rookie the Kings have had since I have been paying attention, perhaps ever.

We seem to be obsessed with proving something by having big whole round numbers, but I feel that Tyreke has already proven to be exactly what this teams needed.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
You know, you would think this was no big problem for Reke. A problem offensively (Parker's quickness was an obvious issue in the early matchups), but Parker has never been a good defender and is far too small to matter. But for whatever reason Reke played his best game against the Spurs against George Hill while Parker was out, and seemed to struggle a bit against Parker in the earlier season (although the first matchup in the 2nd game of the season probably should not matter).

I don't really care about the 20 5 and 5 as much as everyone else seems to. If he ends with 19.9 or 20 make very little difference to me he is still the greatest rookie the Kings have had since I have been paying attention, perhaps ever.

We seem to be obsessed with proving something by having big whole round numbers, but I feel that Tyreke has already proven to be exactly what this teams needed.
Agree with you. Let the game go the way it wants to and I will enjoy rooting like mad for a Kings win. Let the guys get a little satisfaction. Tonight is a good time to do it. It would sure make their evening. A win, a cold beer (if they're old enough) and a big plate of beef stew.

K

Kingsguy881

Well thats your problem. Sorry, not trying to be rude or blunt but 20-5-5 and 19.9-5-5 are worlds away. If you achieve one, you are in elite company and for anyone who follows in the future as a rookie trying to accomplish the same feat your name is now mentioned in the same breath as (future) hall of famers. If you achieve the other then you fell short and you are no longer mentioned in the same breath as those (future) HOF's. It would be the greatest jumping off point, I think even more important than ROY, for the career of a current stud, future superstar, potential HOF player.

You know, you would think this was no big problem for Reke. A problem offensively (Parker's quickness was an obvious issue in the early matchups), but Parker has never been a good defender and is far too small to matter. But for whatever reason Reke played his best game against the Spurs against George Hill while Parker was out, and seemed to struggle a bit against Parker in the earlier season (although the first matchup in the 2nd game of the season probably should not matter).

Did they put Parker on Tyreke for defense in those games?

Status
Not open for further replies.